The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

On our budget that's sadly impossible isn't it.

No it isn't impossible. Your'e the 10th richest club in the world. If your owner splashed the cash a bit, instead of hoarding it, you'd definitely improve the odds

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

No it isn't impossible. Your'e the 10th richest club in the world. If your owner splashed the cash a bit, instead of hoarding it, you'd definitely improve the odds

Be fair. They have just lashed out the best part of £1.5 billion on a new ground. Even City might feel the effects of that ... note I say "might".

2 hours ago, champers said:

Be fair. They have just lashed out the best part of £1.5 billion on a new ground. Even City might feel the effects of that ... note I say "might".

...and THAT is what we've been saying for over a season but the spurs fans don't  want to accept it. They have the money, but they chose to invest it in the stadium not in the squad and trying to win trophies.

59 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and THAT is what we've been saying for over a season but the spurs fans don't  want to accept it. They have the money, but they chose to invest it in the stadium not in the squad and trying to win trophies.

Laughable this....we had a stadium holding 35k....we needed to rebuild its as simple as that.

53 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I was responding to Mr BoJ's statement that Spurs's owner had been hoarding money. Paying close on £1.5 billion for a new stadium is hardly hoarding.

Once they started to build the stadium they couldn't really stop. They have taken a long-term view and they must reckon it will pay off in the long run.

Just now, champers said:

I was responding to Mr BoJ's statement that Spurs's owner had been hoarding money. Paying close on £1.5 billion for a new stadium is hardly hoarding.

Once they started to build the stadium they couldn't really stop. They have taken a long-term view and they must reckon it will pay off in the long run.

Of course it will....in two or three years we will be in a much better position particularly if we continue to secure CL.

4 minutes ago, champers said:

Don't start with the 1.5 billion Champers, or they'll be all over you on here ???? Whatever it was (1 or 1.2billion) the majority of it is apparently furnished by loans putting the deb't against the club. If you look back in the original Spurs thread at the initial time of the build, I happened to ask whether the cost would impede their ability to buy players and I got leapt on. If I can be bothered later, I'll try and find it.

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Don't start with the 1.5 billion Champers, or they'll be all over you on here ???? Whatever it was (1 or 1.2billion) the majority of it is apparently furnished by loans putting the deb't against the club. If you look back in the original Spurs thread at the initial time of the build, I happened to ask whether the cost would impede their ability to buy players and I got leapt on. If I can be bothered later, I'll try and find it.

Apparently we met the fee for the Ajax lad heading to Barca...this is last summer....some 60m odd.

The big issue is finding young quality players you can sign!

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The big issue is finding young quality players you can sign!

Absolutely Ronnie. Clubs can meet the fee and wages but if the lad feels he thinks he has a better chance of medals or likes to live in Madrid or elsewhere, you've no chance. That's why it cost us so much in the early days of our project. We had to pay over the odds to attract them.

Just an observation but why didn't Alexander-Arnold get punished for handball when he saved Newcastles shot? The fact they scored straight after shouldn't have had any bearing on him being punished. Or is there a law/rule that I'm not aware of?

20 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Laughable this....we had a stadium holding 35k....we needed to rebuild its as simple as that.

Some of your home league games this season have attracted smaller crowd than that 

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just an observation but why didn't Alexander-Arnold get punished for handball when he saved Newcastles shot? The fact they scored straight after shouldn't have had any bearing on him being punished. Or is there a law/rule that I'm not aware of?

Thinking the same myself. A right sneaky elbow that was.

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Are you going to blink tomorrow?

Great fun watching this.

I expect a nail biter. Leicester are playing their best football of the season.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Surprised me as well at the time mate. But Lineker and co confirmed with a ref that no punishment was the correct decision as a goal was scored from the rebound.

27 minutes ago, jellydog said:

They looked like the title winning side the last couple of games....very dangerous.

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Surprised me as well at the time mate. But Lineker and co confirmed with a ref that no punishment was the correct decision as a goal was scored from the rebound.

Since making my post TalkSport said that if the ref plays on he can't then go back unless it's violent conduct. New one on me.

33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Since making my post TalkSport said that if the ref plays on he can't then go back unless it's violent conduct. New one on me.

Next season It will be a different verdict with VAR wouldn't it?

8 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

So do I, you will rip them apart, mad as it is, they were playing a team 25 POINTS behind you. 

Yeah but they were playing with no pressure and total freedom. Last game at their place for the season and I reckon they'll make it very difficult. But let's get a result from the Leicester game first or it won't matter

On 5/5/2019 at 5:03 PM, jellydog said:

They'll be fighting tooth & nail for that 7th spot

but then so will Wolves at the w/end, if Leicester do

manage a win.

Great for us neutrals ????

Archived