The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Mahrez is crap at City really....he's your Sanchez I reckon.

Mahrez will be a lot easier to get rid of than money bags Sanchez would have been. Silver lining !

I never wanted Mahrez. A Fernandinho cover was what was needed and still is.

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Mahrez is crap at City really....he's your Sanchez I reckon.

Mahrez 1st season reminds a bit of Bernardo's 1st season. Both made lots of appearances but mainly off the bench. Both seemed to be playing at a level below the other players and their own potential. Bernado's whole game seemed to be receive the ball, slow it down unnecessarily, always cut inside, then play the ball back to where it had come from. Doesn't that remind of Mahrez in his first season.

2nd season Bernardo has been sensational, an absolute joy to watch, can play and be excellent in many roles, easily our player of the season.

Mahrez hopefully will settle and flourish as Bernardo did. But it's clear Bernardo has a great attitude - he's also supposed to be the most popular player amongst the squad - but does Mahrez have the right attitude?

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It's not the first time BB. Must have more confidence in the lads. You must be a 'glass half empty' person.

According to S-Index, the EPL favouite is City to win it by one point.

What an absolute stonking season. If Pool win on Friday it will be 30 changes for top spot.

Been watching them for decades through thick and thin so tend to be pessimistic. Think you'll find most us City fans are like that, isnt that so MrBj.

As an Edgeley Park Friday night visitor back in the day it's good to see County finally turning the corner. Fingers crossed they get promoted to the 5th tier and Jim Gannon certainly deserve some success. 6000 crowds in the 6th tier is impressive.

Stockport have promotion in sight after post-Easter resurrection

Defeat last Saturday left automatic promotion out of County’s hands. But dramatic turnaround means club that survived administration is one win away from National League return

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/25/stockport-nuneaton-national-league-north-promotion-in-grasp

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Feel that the pressure has always been on us for weeks now, as we have been a game behind and/or kicking off later.

Oh BB! At it again. Where is your optimism? Liverpool have the same pressure, as they know they cannot drop points 'cause City will gobble them up.

I can't see either of the top two dropping any more points. Which makes City the champs.

From an earlier post you remarked about the ups and downs of being a City supporter and the anguish they often put their supporters through. I concur on this as from early age I was an Leyton Orient supporter. When we were promoted to the top flight in the 1960's we (supporters) all thought that it was the start of great era. Well at least they have been promoted out of the National League for next season. Watch out City and Liverpool; Orient are on the move (again).

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Oh BB! At it again. Where is your optimism? Liverpool have the same pressure, as they know they cannot drop points 'cause City will gobble them up.

I can't see either of the top two dropping any more points. Which makes City the champs.

From an earlier post you remarked about the ups and downs of being a City supporter and the anguish they often put their supporters through. I concur on this as from early age I was an Leyton Orient supporter. When we were promoted to the top flight in the 1960's we (supporters) all thought that it was the start of great era. Well at least they have been promoted out of the National League for next season. Watch out City and Liverpool; Orient are on the move (again).

Ah so your secret is finally out, you're an Os fan not a Spurs fan. As a City fan i also keep an eye on Stockport's, Bury's and Rochdale's progess. 

Going back to your first paragraph. If two teams are equal and one plays their game before the other team i believe there's more pressure on the team that plays last. My opinion; you might disagree. I also made the point that for weeks we have been one game behind liverpool so for us we have felt that we are continually having to match what liverpool do and play catch up. This weekend we play last. Next weekend we were due to play first (vs Leicester) but has been rescheduled two days after liverpool play for tv reasons so we play last. It just feels like we are always playing catchup.

Under normal circumstances you would expect Liverpool to win their remaining 2 and City our remaining 3 but the pressure will get to one or both teams and i dont see 15 points being bagged. Liverpool also have to weigh up how to play the 2 Barca games and 4 games in 12 days. I have no doubt there will be twists and turns yet.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ah so your secret is finally out, you're an Os fan not a Spurs fan. As a City fan i also keep an eye on Stockport's, Bury's and Rochdale's progess. 

What about Salford? Could be joining the Os in promotion.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:15 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

As an Edgeley Park Friday night visitor back in the day it's good to see County finally turning the corner. Fingers crossed they get promoted to the 5th tier and Jim Gannon certainly deserve some success. 6000 crowds in the 6th tier is impressive.

Stockport have promotion in sight after post-Easter resurrection

Defeat last Saturday left automatic promotion out of County’s hands. But dramatic turnaround means club that survived administration is one win away from National League return

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/25/stockport-nuneaton-national-league-north-promotion-in-grasp

Stockport County win first league title in 52 years.

County clinched the National League North title with a 3-0 win at Nuneaton in front of 4,000 fans who travelled to see it. 

Was looking at the National League they've been promoted to. Some very well known clubs in it.

Owl's team, Orient, won the National League.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Worst half of the season. That's what pressure, nerves do for you.

Relax BB. Second half; different story. Although the Claret and Blues have done well this w/e, Villa at Leeds, Irons at Spurs. Burnley couldn't mess things up; could they!?

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

Relax BB. Second half; different story. Although the Claret and Blues have done well this w/e, Villa at Leeds, Irons at Spurs. Burnley couldn't mess things up; could they!?

Not likely, the bombardment has commenced. 

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Back over to you mate. You play before us again

I think that's it now mate. Than run of games I was sure you would drop a point, fair play though. Time to recover now for the last 2 matches, job's all but done in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think that's it now mate. Than run of games I was sure you would drop a point, fair play though. Time to recover now for the last 2 matches, job's all but done in my opinion. 

Leicester scares me. They are in their best form of the season. Seems Vardy has a habit of scoring goals against City (as I recall?).

Archived