The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think that's it now mate. Than run of games I was sure you would drop a point, fair play though. Time to recover now for the last 2 matches, job's all but done in my opinion. 

There's certainly no fat ladies singing in my ear shot Bob. Must admit, I'm chuffed that we came out of the Spurs and United games with 6 points. I really thought we'd drop some points in one of those. Just got to hold our nerves now

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

Since last weekend:

Spurs: 3 points from possible 9

Chelsea: 2 from possible 6

United: 1 from possible 9

Arsenal: 0 from possible 9

I mean seriously, the music behind us is symphonic brilliance.

The team in third has lost 11? State of them ????????

7 hours ago, jellydog said:

Leicester scares me. They are in their best form of the season. Seems Vardy has a habit of scoring goals against City (as I recall?).

Brenda to deliver and become an Anfield legend (again?).

I like the look of Tielemans. £40 million deal in the offing, unless someone gazumps Leicester.

16 minutes ago, champers said:

Brenda to deliver and become an Anfield legend (again?).

I like the look of Tielemans. £40 million deal in the offing, unless someone gazumps Leicester.

The Harvey Barnes kid is talented as well. Things are looking up at Leicester.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Leicester will be the one to decide this. I hope Liverpool will win it, they deserve it more. 

Two ex Liverpool managers are involved in the next round of games 

for both Man City and L/pool.

I just have a feeling that one of them will put their mark on who 

will take the Title.

Which one though? 

33 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Two ex Liverpool managers are involved in the next round of games 

for both Man City and L/pool.

I just have a feeling that one of them will put their mark on who 

will take the Title.

Which one though? 

It's a chance for Brendan to have his say again, get it right this time.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

The team who finishes with the most points deserve it more don't they!

Not always the team who wins it who play the most entertaining football. I also prefer more local players in a team and not only imports.  

But in the end it's the club with the most money to spend who win titles. 

For Spurs to finish in top 4 is an achievement when you look at the money spent on players. 

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Almost a wobble from your lot....Pep looks close to a cardiac event. :cheesy:

And i wish he'd stopped wearing that grey cardigan, perhaps he has to wear it because his mum knitted it for him ????

Incidentally the regular one had such a cracking game against us that he hasn't played since, mind you i suppose 2 starts out of 36 games ain't bad.  

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

And i wish he'd stopped wearing that grey cardigan, perhaps he has to wear it because his mum knitted it for him ????

Incidentally the regular one had such a cracking game against us that he hasn't played since, mind you i suppose 2 starts out of 36 games ain't bad.  

I'm surprised you bring up Foden's goal and Spurs defeat but thanks for reminding me ????

3 hours ago, balo said:

Not always the team who wins it who play the most entertaining football. I also prefer more local players in a team and not only imports.  

But in the end it's the club with the most money to spend who win titles. 

Agreed that not always the team who plays most entertaining football wins it but are you saying Liverpool deserve it more because they have played more entertaining football than City?

I think most of us would love more local lads playing but the league is full of Johnny foreigners and has been for years. Liverpool included

As for the money issue. That's been done to death on here and most of the top clubs have spent huge sums. Credit to Spurs for operating on a tight budget. They should get a Trophy for it!!

On 4/18/2019 at 12:01 PM, alfieconn said:

I see Kompany was very gracious in defeat with this comment about Spurs " arguably if deserved or not" no wonder the neutrals will be happy at the result, anyway do you think Pep will have to spend another couple of hundred million to get a team that can win a CL ? or do you just think that your destined not to win the CL, i mean after all your history in Europe isn't great is it ?  

Still no answer from the man who likes to ask everyone else question's ????

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Still no answer from the man who likes to ask everyone else question's ????

Actually I was waiting on you to stump up kompany  comments which  you still haven't done.

1. Winning the CL is a lottery; even buying the 11 best players in the world wouldn't guarantee it.

2. We have won one European trophy.

Keep on winning the PL in the next decade will be good enough for me and a City fans.

42 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Winning the CL shows you are the best in Europe which you clearly aint.

Nice try though Bredbury!

Sorry Ronnie but I got to disagree. The 2 CL finalists last year weren't even anywhere near the best team in their own countries, never mind Europe. The winners, Real Madrid finished 3rd (behind Barca and Athletico Madrid) and Liverpool finished 4th (behind City, United and your good selves). It just shows what a lottery a Cup comp is. It's like saying the FA Cup winners are the best in England. Yes, it's an important trophy but to assume that the winner means they are the best in Europe is pure folly. IMO of course

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Winning the CL shows you are the best in Europe which you clearly aint.

Nice try though Bredbury!

What try was that Ronnie? Neither the club nor i nor any City fan on here have ever said we're the best in europe, in fact if you go back earlier in the season  i said we weren't good enough to win the CL based on our defence and always pushing forward leaving ourselves open. But nice try ronnie.

44 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its an interesting point....I guess to be truly best in Europe you must win your league and the CL same season.

Step forward Barca this year most likely.

But, but, but Ronnie, you can't say that cos we're still in it. ????

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But but but Ronnie. You won't win the Prem in which we have beat you twice this season, you won't even be the best in England.  

On our budget that's sadly impossible isn't it.

Archived