The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could only find a live stream last night in *arabic, but aside from that I really enjoyed the game and our performance.

It was great to see Eric Garcia and Angelino given their PL debuts at the weekend plus Mendy back, as it was last night to see 17 yr old Stockport lad Taylor H-B pencil (at City since aged 6) given his debut, Foden back from his bout of a poorly tummy (bless him), Mendy get another 30 mins plus young Bernabe given some time. Good game, plenty of action, Jesus should have had 3 or 4, and played in a good spirit. I tried predicting the team before the game (always difficult to second-guess Pep) but who could have foreseen a back line of Cancelo and Angelino (both starting at last) either side of a 17 and 18 year rookie pairing.

*those arabic commentators must breath through their ears as not for a second do they stop talking, and as rarely were any players names mentioned, from which it seems that they must waffle on about opinions or something as opposed to commeting on what they are seeing.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Could only find a live stream last night in *arabic, but aside from that I really enjoyed the game and our performance.

It was great to see Eric Garcia and Angelino given their PL debuts at the weekend plus Mendy back, as it was last night to see 17 yr old Stockport lad Taylor H-B pencil (at City since aged 6) given his debut, Foden back from his bout of a poorly tummy (bless him), Mendy get another 30 mins plus young Bernabe given some time. Good game, plenty of action, Jesus should have had 3 or 4, and played in a good spirit. I tried predicting the team before the game (always difficult to second-guess Pep) but who could have foreseen a back line of Cancelo and Angelino (both starting at last) either side of a 17 and 18 year rookie pairing.

*those arabic commentators must breath through their ears as not for a second do they stop talking, and as rarely were any players names mentioned, from which it seems that they must waffle on about opinions or something as opposed to commeting on what they are seeing.

We had it on BEin 11 with full english commentary

Was really impressed with the performances of the young un's. The Academy is now starting to bare some fruit and I'm sure ther'll be lots more to come through.

One thing about Mendy, why on earth does he have to power every shot so hard? It's proving quite difficult for anyone to control it who is on the receiving end of the pass or cross

15 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not much between City and Everton over the years.

We've won 3 more in 120 years.

They've won 1 more in the PL years.

Never for us easy against Everton.

They are absolutely wank and if you don't beat them you'll probably mess up the title. 

54 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not much between City and Everton over the years.

We've won 3 more in 120 years.

They've won 1 more in the PL years.

Never for us easy against Everton.

here he goes, the token City are on such a level that it's difficult for us to beat other teams, it's so competitive, wt-f has over the years got to do with it?? Let's talk up the <deleted> that got beaten at home by a promoted team, twatted by Bournemouth the week before, and are the one team whose fans would rather lose today. Shower of <deleted>. 

23 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

here he goes, the token City are on such a level that it's difficult for us to beat other teams, it's so competitive, wt-f has over the years got to do with it?? Let's talk up the <deleted> that got beaten at home by a promoted team, twatted by Bournemouth the week before, and are the one team whose fans would rather lose today. Shower of <deleted>. 

Gave you over the years. In Pep's 3 year reign we've won 3 drawn 2 lost 1. So not great.

They maybe a shower of <deleted> to Liverpool as the records show, but for some reason we struggle against them, again as the records show. I'd rather be playing ManU today for obvious reasons.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If we don't beat ANY of the upcoming teams we'll probably lose the title, such are the respective starts of Liverpool and us. That's the reality and the pressure.

If you don't win the title it will probably be a very dark day... but I'm not interested. The point is trying to talk up Everton based on results from 120 years ago is ridiculous. 

39 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

If you don't win the title it will probably be a very dark day... but I'm not interested. The point is trying to talk up Everton based on results from 120 years ago is ridiculous. 

I understand BB's trepidation. For some reason Everton have been a bogey team for us. Yes, on current form etc we should beat them but our defence isn't stable due to injuries. So, although I think we should win, there has to be some cautiousness. 

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Not sure why you think that. I gave complete record, PL record and Pep era record and we're pretty evenly matched. THAT was my point.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I understand BB's trepidation. For some reason Everton have been a bogey team for us. Yes, on current form etc we should beat them but our defence isn't stable due to injuries. So, although I think we should win, there has to be some cautiousness. 

Surprised we have no CB on the bench as backup for the two old men.

Tough tough game. Thought Everton gave us a real game and until the 3rd went in i didn't  think we'd  do it. Well done Ederson for twice saving us - can't handle corners freekicks can we with the diddy men. Mahrez excellent and has been for the past 4 games. Rodri excellent as usual. Back 4, scarey but got over the line.

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Surprised we have no CB on the bench as backup for the two old men.

Last season's 4th choice centre-back being paired with a 5'9" 34 year old central midfielder just isn't good enough to maintain a PL challenge. Fernandinho got caught out repeatedly yesterday and didn't look like he was a defender, Otamendi couldn't handle Calvert-lewis on the ground or in the air, both want to play rightside and it's not going to work. Think it'd better for Pep to decide between either Garcie and Harwood-Bellis, and maybe Walker, who to pair with Otamendi, and maybe play Rodri paired with Fernandinho in front of our makeshift CB pairing, and run with it until sicknote Stones - the new Kompany - returns. We got away with it yesterday due to Ederson but against better quality we will pay if he persists with Dad's Army pairing.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:26 PM, mrbojangles said:

Erling Haaland (son of Alf-Inge) became the 3rd youngest player to score an hatrick in the CL last night. He scored 3 first half goals for Red Bull Salzburg as they beat Genk 6-2

Funny old thing. Only mentioned Erling a couple of weeks ago and according to the M.E.N we have agreed a deal in principle (whever that means) to bring him to City

Archived