The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Premier games at home have become a pain. Teams come to defend and pick us off on the break. If we get an early goal it's not a problem for us, we usually go on and score a few, but if don't get a break through or worse the away team get ahead it's then a real struggle to break them down. Wolves showed perfectly how to play City and Soton almost achieved it.

Midweek apart from 10 minutes our 2nd XI battered their 2nd XI. Today Soton decided to play and the first 15 minutes before they scored they had the better of the game, had a go and got a goal from their only half chance in the whole game and against the run of play. Then Soton put the wagons in a circle and defended for their lives. They were brilliant at it to be honest and barely gave us a chance though we had all the ball. Couldn't see us scoring to be honest. What a relief to come back and win. 

Seems Der Spiegel ALLEGATIONS aren't always right!

"No evidence Manchester City made illegal Jadon Sancho payment, FA rules

November 2 2019

The Times

Sancho, who now plays for Dortmund, joined City from Watford in 2015

The FA has found no evidence to support claims that Manchester City made a banned payment to Jadon Sancho’s agent when the England international was 14.

The Times understands that a nine-month investigation by English football’s governing body has concluded and the allegations made in documents published by Der Spiegel could not be substantiated.

However, as with any investigation, the FA reserves the right to reopen the case should any new information become available.

The German magazine alleged that City paid Emeka Obasi £200,000 when they signed Sancho from Watford in March 2015. Young players cannot be represented by an agent until the year they turn 16..."

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

When you don't have an off licence / bottle shop within an hour and you need a drink, then 7/11s finest will do ????

Got a dozen bottles of quality Aussie vino lined up at the condo.....friends are not permitted to enter Bangkok without being taxed appropriately.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Seems Der Spiegel ALLEGATIONS aren't always right!

"No evidence Manchester City made illegal Jadon Sancho payment, FA rules

Has it been proven any of their allegations are right?

9 months of investigation and wasted time. Wonder if the guys throwing the rocks on here will hold their hands up and admit it was bs

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Looks like the little necromancer  is out with a muscle strain

Yep Silva went off at HT and joins Sane Laporte Rodri and Zinchenko in the sickbay.

I reckon this is Pep's firstchoice XI when all fit:

Ederson

Walker Stones Laporte Mendy

KdB Rodri Silva

Sterling Aguero Sane

Basically all our left flank are injured except for Mendy whose being nursed back from injury. For Sane we've moved Sterling across where he's less effective.

On another matter what's  wrong with KdB recently and what's wrong with Bernardo this season.

KdB in recent games with the ball has become one dimensional: always attempting wonder passes or crosses. Without the ball he doesn't put a shift in, has become a moaner and a softy. Been reading his own press too much or isn't  happy? Bernardo last season was awesome, always an 8 or 9 performance but his season he hasn't really got going yet and is putting in 6 and 7 performances. To be honest only Gundogan of the creative midfielders can hold his held up of late.

Things are not great at the moment.  

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

On another matter what's  wrong with KdB recently and what's wrong with Bernardo this season.

KdB in recent games with the ball has become one dimensional: always attempting wonder passes or crosses. Without the ball he doesn't put a shift in, has become a moaner and a softy. Been reading his own press too much or isn't  happy? Bernardo last season was awesome, always an 8 or 9 performance but his season he hasn't really got going yet and is putting in 6 and 7 performances. To be honest only Gundogan of the creative midfielders can hold his held up of late.

Things are not great at the moment.  

They'll probably gave a blinder on Sunday 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I reckon this is the best City vlog, by Ian Cheeseman, the 'voice of City on the radio' for most City fans.

Can you recommend a decent vlog from your club for me to watch (i love that ManU fella who loses his rag in every vlog).

Thogden, the posh Bolton fan (who knew?). Gets to England aways and a lot of other big games. You are already familiar with him, I think.

14 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Just seen on SkySports that Real Madrid are lining up a 70 million pounds deal with Bale thrown in for Sterling. Go whistle

That's what you say. What does Sterling say? He has previous.

42 minutes ago, champers said:

That's what you say. What does Sterling say? He has previous.

He still has 3 years left on his contract, so it's not all down to him. No way will City take Bale in a deal and yes, everyone has a price but it will be double that amount and I don't think we will accept any cast off (not only Bale)

Hi Guys

I am going back to the UK for a short trip in a month to see the derby match.

And decided to get some city shirts custom printed here to take with me as a special gift for friends.

I am currently getting a price in Bangkok for about 20 shirts.

Shirts will be latest, Lazada 5 Star rating, no premier league patch,

Preliminary Design for the back printing as shown below.

I dont know how good the lettering will be yet until I see the design from the printer.

The original plastic premier league lettering costs about 1 GBP a letter which is much more expensive than I will be doing. I will post the design that I get for confirmation.

At present I expect they will cost up to about 800 Baht with the printing.

If you want to get a shirt let me know on this thread.

I will accomodate perhaps up to another 30 shirts, depending on demand. 

For those interested, i will need to know sizes, with M= 40 inch, L=42, XL=44, 2XL= 46

1511657009_cityshirtprintingNov2019.jpg.5e5b4a681801d4966c8bec80a7a8e0e9.jpg

Archived