The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

MARK CLATTENBURG SAID

Jonjo Shelvey should have been sent off for poor challenge on Paul Pogba... Fatigue over Christmas period may explain why referee did not issue a red

8064936-0-image-a-135_1546469245046.jpg

Time clattenburg retired imo he's a million miles from projecting anywhere near where reffing football should and needs to go , missing one incident   fair enuf   but it looked like he took the rules into hia own hands and 'on his watch  'sayingv 'i'm old sxhool  this sort of stuff is ok '  totally the polarb opposite from ALL other refs  .the above deserves not only a red but a double lengthy ban .. kids take their leads from shit like this and thats   NOT ON

3 hours ago, carmine said:

I don't understand what you retrying to say?  Are you saying that these first four wins confirms you were right that Mourinho had done ok? 

You know I like Mourinho but even I think that is a stretch ????????

Some of us have been watching Manchester United since the early 1950's. through highs & lows we have seen the spirit of the Red Devils wax & wane, we (the club) are now in a period of flux but the positivity, that Ole Gunnar Solskjær has brought to the club bodes well. The next few games will reveal more, but on first impressions the future looks look good. If the club remembers the the basics, one only has to score more goals than than the opposiotion to win the game, then the the likes of Liverpool & Manchester City had better beware.

Edited by LeungKen
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

You know I like Mourinho but even I think that is a stretch ????????

what i ACTUALLY said i was that IMO mourihno left man utd in a better/shape position than when he joined them   no doubts the/his  squad  he left behind is rich with talent 

o

17 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Time clattenburg retired imo he's a million miles from projecting anywhere near where reffing football should and needs to go , missing one incident   fair enuf   but it looked like he took the rules into hia own hands and 'on his watch  'sayingv 'i'm old sxhool  this sort of stuff is ok '  totally the polarb opposite from ALL other refs  .the above deserves not only a red but a double lengthy ban .. kids take their leads from shit like this and thats   NOT ON

Marriner's decision to award a free-kick proved he saw the incident and didn't deem Shelvey's challenge worthy of a card.

Jonjo Shelvey to escape retrospective punishment for Paul Pogba tackle in Newcastle vs Manchester United

Man Utd midfielder Paul Pogba was tackled by Jonjo Shelvey in the win at St James' Park and fans called for him to be banned.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-pogba-shelvey-tackle-15624490

6 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

what i ACTUALLY said i was that IMO mourihno left man utd in a better/shape position than when he joined them   no doubts the/his  squad  he left behind is rich with talent 

o

And all i was trying to say was that he totally and utterly failed in what he was paid and tasked to do.

Were they in better shape....i can't see how. An under performing squad low on morale...

I think you are using the stat machine which in this case painted a very wrong picture and the elevation in the team since the moment he left is proof of that.

Anyway, this ones been done to death, i'm more concerned about the weather we're getting down south!!!!

If I were a Utd fan, rather than a fervent football follower, I would be, at the very least, upset, that players, and one in particular, couldn't break into a sweat for the club (that pays considerable wages) under Murino and suddenly realise they can actually give a little more (a lot more) after his departure.

I saw a quote recently that had Mourino talking about Pogba's demeanor being a virus at the club. Alex would have sorted him out; and the other charlatans too.

15 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

If I were a Utd fan, rather than a fervent football follower, I would be, at the very least, upset, that players, and one in particular, couldn't break into a sweat for the club (that pays considerable wages) under Murino and suddenly realise they can actually give a little more (a lot more) after his departure.

I saw a quote recently that had Mourino talking about Pogba's demeanor being a virus at the club. Alex would have sorted him out; and the other charlatans too.

I tend to agree with.  Their idea of making a stand against Mourinho, if true was to the detriment to the club and fans.

Still, on a brighter note, apparently since,  United have joined City and Liverpool in the title race!!????

Just now, ChipButty said:

Both of them still have to play the best team in the land, Now we have OGS

Agreed mate but we all knew you were really back when you turned over Cardiff.  And let's not forget, there are no easy games in this league!!  Saying that, i still think the Spurs U18's would have sneaked the win.

17 minutes ago, carmine said:

I tend to agree with.  Their idea of making a stand against Mourinho, if true was to the detriment to the club and fans.

Still, on a brighter note, apparently since,  United have joined City and Liverpool in the title race!!????

United wont win the league this year but I think will play a big part in who does

4 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

United wont win the league this year but I think will play a big part in who does

Watching the match this morning in a bar was 2 United fans cheering on City (which is a bit unusual, well very) and I'll be cheering on United on the 24th Feb

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Watching the match this morning in a bar was 2 United fans cheering on City (which is a bit unusual, well very) and I'll be cheering on United on the 24th Feb

You can start now against Spurs you might actually enjoy yourself 

Man Utd v Reading fa cup game is already a sell out, Don't know if there will be empty sections in the Reading end.

This is the Ole effect play entertaining football I am sure under Mourinio it would not be full.

1 minute ago, nev said:

Man Utd v Reading fa cup game is already a sell out, Don't know if there will be empty sections in the Reading end.

This is the Ole effect play entertaining football I am sure under Mourinio it would not be full.

If Morinho was still charge bye now the players wouldn't bother to turn up

40 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

United,

Arsenal away,

Spurs away,

Chelsea Home,

City Home,

Liverpool Home 

15 points there for United 

Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea could be 6 pointers by the end of the season.