The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

After the ManU thread being so quiet for so long, except for Rick and the occasional Nev post, a sacking of your manager and a few wins it's the busiest thread of late. Good to see.

Chippy and Spidey, where are you boys from exactly? Are you Mancs?

For sure a Manc fully qualified 

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Liverpool are head and shoulders above any other team. Good going forward and good in defence. Will be our toughest game of the season but we do have a good record against them at home.

And what if VVD cops a big injury?  What if they end up with five or six first teamers crocked?  It would paint a very different picture.  Either way, they are not "head and shoulders" better than City.  Stop getting carried away again!!

If they can put Arsenal to the sword the way they did, God help you lot.  Thats what you should be focusing on!!!

Edited by carmine

Just now, carmine said:

And what if VVD cops a big injury?  What if they end up with five or six first teasers crocked?  It would paint a very different picture.  Either way, they are not "head and shoulders" better than City.  Stop getting carried away again!!

If they can put Arsenal to the sword the way they did, God help you lot.  Thats what you should be focusing on!!!

City have come off the rails a bit. Not the team they were last season, problems in defence. Too many "what if's" in your post. I would actually prefer for City to win the title over Liverpool, but they really are the in form side at the moment, over the last few games, definitely head and shoulders above anyone, including City.

39 minutes ago, Spidey said:

City have come off the rails a bit. Not the team they were last season, problems in defence. Too many "what if's" in your post. I would actually prefer for City to win the title over Liverpool, but they really are the in form side at the moment, over the last few games, definitely head and shoulders above anyone, including City.

OK, so City lose a couple of games and they've come off the rails and United win a couple of games and you are going to thrash Spurs 1-4 on the 13th and make the top four.

Yep, i get it!!

• Thanks 1

Happy new year to all, Those interested in Mred he is doing fine I chat with him most days does not bother much with on here nowadays, He is over the moon with Ole coming in and along with me he was not a Mourinio fan we just backed him because he was our manager.

Been meaning to go around and see him as he has a copy of a book on United he is in and the author was a good mate of his and an old mate of mine from the 70's.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Don't write city off mate a win on Thursday night and the gap will be very catchable.

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

The word on the street is Ferguson is back on the training ground. Or is that  clickshite? 

He was invited by Ole to visit and have a chat, I do really hope Ole keeps up his good work and gets the job permanent, He gets United and when he was at United a ex player said he studied and took note of Fergie.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

OK, so City lose a couple of games and they've come off the rails and United win a couple of games and you are going to thrash Spurs 1-4 on the 13th and make the top four.

Yep, i get it!!

you have to beat Cardiff first - you know, one of those teams you call relegation fodder

will you agree to never post here again if you lose lol  :post-4641-1156694572:

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

you have to beat Cardiff first - you know, one of those teams you call relegation fodder

will you agree to never post here again if you lose lol  :post-4641-1156694572:

Have i missed something...why do we have to beat Cardiff?  What on earth are you talking about?

Anyway, isn't it a case of United fans larging it up!  No one else is, just you lot!!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

Have i missed something...why do we have to beat Cardiff?  What on earth are you talking about?

Anyway, isn't it a case of United fans larging it up!  No one else is, just you lot!!!

Not many of us are larging up, we know we have a lot to do but they way we have played the last 3 games has lifted us.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nev said:

Not many of us are larging up, we know we have a lot to do but they way we have played the last 3 games has lifted us.

i think your perspective which i agree with is somewhat more restrained than others on here that are giving it very big off the back of very little.  Apparently you are better than us already!!????

11 minutes ago, carmine said:

i think your perspective which i agree with is somewhat more restrained than others on here that are giving it very big off the back of very little.  Apparently you are better than us already!!????

is there a TVF Spurs forum ?

is so, do you actually post there and what is your post count between here and there, you seem have an unhealthy fixation with Manchester United, it is quite frankly weird behaviour 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

is there a TVF Spurs forum ?

is so, do you actually post there and what is your post count between here and there, you seem have an unhealthy fixation with Manchester United, it is quite frankly weird behaviour 

It appears we are more interested in United than most of you since you only crawled out of the woodwork when you won a couple of matches under the new messiah!!!  You lot are so plastic its unreal.  The thread has been supported these post RedNose years by the same United fans then you lot turn up once you've won a couple and start giving it the biggun!!!  Run along Smeders!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, carmine said:

It appears we are more interested in United than most of you since you only crawled out of the woodwork when you won a couple of matches under the new messiah!!!  You lot are so plastic its unreal.  The thread has been supported these post RedNose years by the same United fans then you lot turn up once you've won a couple and start giving it the biggun!!!  Run along Smeders!!

They all came back when I signed up to TV 

Ed Woodward's 'five-man shortlist for next Manchester United manager revealed'

Man Utd executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has drawn up a five-man shortlist for the club's next permanent manager, 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-woodward-next-manger-15615737

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Red suburb; ive got (red) family there. Knowing where you're from helps me relate to you/your comments. Cheers.

Well it used to be a Red area, Im not sure now maybe down to Nobby Stiles, Brian Kidd and Carlo Sartori

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Well it used to be a Red area, Im not sure now maybe down to Nobby Stiles, Brian Kidd and Carlo Sartori

Being a Collyhurst lad do you know Col Blaney?

2 hours ago, nev said:

Being a Collyhurst lad do you know Col Blaney?

Not really familiar with anywhere in North Manchester but judging by a girl I used to see from Collyhurst, it's dodgy as ****. I've lived in Longsight and went to school in Hulme but for some I think of anywhere south of the city centre as nicer than north ????