The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

20 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Heavy smell of bs on here after that second half really....congrats on the three points but you hardly dominated the game.

Oh and you're still slumming it in the Thursday night spots.

Have a lovely day gents.

Thursday night spots? When we did play Thursday nights at least we won it,

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Is that the Arse that are in 5th spot, 6 points behind 4th placed Chelsea?

Yep. Same points a us, 6 points behind Chelsea, 7 points behind Spurs. We're commin' at ya!

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

And we still have to play them all, except Spurs we done them last night

A lot of moist knickers on here today, I wouldn't say you done them. United capitalized on an error with a great goal, then hung on for dear life.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

And we still have to play them all, except Spurs we done them last night

9 points behind City. Not really realistic....but I do remember us clawing 10 points back on Newcastle at this stage of the season. Little Kevin wasn't a happy bunny! ????

It's still going to be tough to get top 4 but who knows!, The way we are playing not many teams will fancy playing us right now under Mourinio even teams like Fulham fancied their chances.

Just take it one game at a time and see when where we end up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nev said:

It's still going to be tough to get top 4 but who knows!, The way we are playing not many teams will fancy playing us right now under Mourinio even teams like Fulham fancied their chances.

Just take it one game at a time and see when where we end up.

Some may argue that if some of the players hadn’t down tools under him you well may be in the top 4 now. 

After watching that game yesterday, If I was a United supporter I would feel cheated by some of their performances under him. That team wasn’t that different from before yet the attitude was totally different. 

There’s no doubt that OLS and his team have released the shackles but some players should be embarrassed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

MAN U MANAGEMENT DISGUST ME, new manager had turned this team around not frightened of their own shadows anymore, the best start in history for a new manager, he will get us up to fourth place, and in the money. and this lot are openly looking for a new manager, total disrespect, for OLLIE, give him the job for next season, 

Fark me, they coming out of the woodwork now, who would have believed it ????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Some may argue that if some of the players hadn’t down tools under him you well may be in the top 4 now. 

After watching that game yesterday, If I was a United supporter I would feel cheated by some of their performances under him. That team wasn’t that different from before yet the attitude was totally different. 

There’s no doubt that OLS and his team have released the shackles but some players should be embarrassed. 

THE most sensible post on here today. Everybody blames Mourinho but clearly some of the playets were equally to blame for the shambles.

See Mourinho will be a pundit on BEin - should be interesting.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

If I was a United supporter I would feel cheated by some of their performances under him. That team wasn’t that different from before yet the attitude was totally different. 

There's no point having an inquisition about it now. Time to move on. 

It's like an ex girlfriend. You might feel you could have behaved better to her at the time, but what's the point in beating yourself up about it now? Learn from your mistakes and don't make them with the next girl! 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

It's like an ex girlfriend. You might feel you could have behaved better to her at the time, but what's the point in beating yourself up about it now? Learn from your mistakes and don't make them with the next girl! 

Ridiculous analogy but you’re right it’s been done to death. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Next Bar Girl

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Be honest with yourself and her? How did she take your being upfront about your katoey habit?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The team wasn't different from before ???? are you serious ? poor memory, didn't watch past games or just dont understand ?

Let me give you some  examples .

(a) Lukaku was an untouchable ie had to play every game.Yesterday he was on the bench.Rashford is thriving on that OGS decision

(b) He played Mc Tominay as centre back a position he's obviously not suited to.

(c) Publically humiliated Shaw and others.Something you never do if you want a united confident dressing room.

(d) Didnt allow Lindelof on the rare occasions he was selected to play his natural game ,now playing full of confidence and ability without a leg rope on.

(e) Put Martial & Pogba ,2 of Uniteds most creative players on the bench against Liverpool,that was pure spite from Mourinho and akin to sabotaging the teams chances .In fact Pogba one of the competitions most creative players sat for 4  games on the bench. If you cant man manage players with his quirks you shouldnt be coaching.

Anyone who has played or coached  at a reasonable level would know the actions of Mourinho were all about him not the welfare of the team.Selections just simply did not make sense and his negative attitude put a wet blanket on the whole squad.Players wondering am I the next one to cop the managers trearment

The players didnt down tools they were playing in an atmosehere that was totally foreign to expressing themselves on the pitch. Anyone whose played with a coach with Mourinho's attitude will know what i'm talking about.The last 6 games havent been about luck they have been about putting the best players in their correct postions and with a positive game plan

Mourinho will go down as dark stain on the clubs history and as Sir Bobby Charlton said on MUTV prior to Mourinho's appointment "I dont think Jose Mourinho is right for Manchester United" What a pity those upstairs didnt listen.

Its probably too late to save their season but the "wait till United play a decent team" can now hopefully be put to bed

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Be honest with yourself and her? How did she take your being upfront about your katoey habit?

???? I'm afraid that's a Thailand stereotype which doesn't apply to me. But there was plenty of other things for exs to get upset about. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

The team wasn't different from before ???? are you serious ? poor memory, didn't watch past games or just dont understand ?

Let me give you some  examples .

(a) Lukaku was an untouchable ie had to play every game.Yesterday he was on the bench.Rashford is thriving on that OGS decision

(b) He played Mc Tominay as centre back a position he's obviously not suited to.

(c) Publically humiliated Shaw and others.Something you never do if you want a united confident dressing room.

(d) Didnt allow Lindelof on the rare occasions he was selected to play his natural game ,now playing full of confidence and ability without a leg rope on.

(e) Put Martial & Pogba ,2 of Uniteds most creative players on the bench against Liverpool,that was pure spite from Mourinho and akin to sabotaging the teams chances .In fact Pogba one of the competitions most creative players sat for 4  games on the bench. If you cant man manage players with his quirks you shouldnt be coaching.

Anyone who has played or coached  at a reasonable level would know the actions of Mourinho were all about him not the welfare of the team.Selections just simply did not make sense and his negative attitude put a wet blanket on the whole squad.Players wondering am I the next one to cop the managers trearment

The players didnt down tools they were playing in an atmosehere that was totally foreign to expressing themselves on the pitch. Anyone whose played with a coach with Mourinho's attitude will know what i'm talking about.The last 6 games havent been about luck they have been about putting the best players in their correct postions and with a positive game plan

Mourinho will go down as dark stain on the clubs history and as Sir Bobby Charlton said on MUTV prior to Mourinho's appointment "I dont think Jose Mourinho is right for Manchester United" What a pity those upstairs didnt listen.

Its probably too late to save their season but the "wait till United play a decent team" can now hopefully be put to bed

If you’re gonna quote me quote me correctly. I said “that different” 

i get what you’re saying and I agree some of the improvements are for sure how you describe but players like Pogba stopped putting in the effort. It doesn’t matter what your tactics are nothing stops you putting in a shift and playing for the shirt. You can express your desire at least.  At the end of Mourinho spell he wasn’t. 

I see Arnautovic now starting to behave in a similar way. Similar players, similar traits. Brilliant players but ultimately poison in the dressing room. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

I remember that also I think Sir Bobby never liked him

United first-team coach Michael Carrick wrote in his autobiography how Ferguson pressed the importance of presentation and how awestruck he was as an apprentice at West Ham whenever United players arrived with their blazers on.

"At Manchester United, we took great pride in how we presented ourselves in public," Carrick wrote. "'When you're travelling through an airport, people will see you,' Sir Alex said. 'You represent the club. You wear your blazers.' The Boss wanted to send a message, that we not only looked the part, but we also meant business. That look creates an aura.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

United first-team coach Michael Carrick wrote in his autobiography how Ferguson pressed the importance of presentation and how awestruck he was as an apprentice at West Ham whenever United players arrived with their blazers on.

"At Manchester United, we took great pride in how we presented ourselves in public," Carrick wrote. "'When you're travelling through an airport, people will see you,' Sir Alex said. 'You represent the club. You wear your blazers.' The Boss wanted to send a message, that we not only looked the part, but we also meant business. That look creates an aura.

...and take the bloody headphones off all club's players when they are near to the fans and tell them to interact with the fans even if its just smiling.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

...and take the bloody headphones off all club's players when they are near to the fans and tell them to interact with the fans even if its just smiling.

That was also my reply about the head phones on another forum and fasten your top button