The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, ChipButty said:

Ole admitted it was a rash challenge no appeal I guess, Listening to Wes Brown after he said it's an area he needs to work on he's had a few Red cards......?

It wasn't the only dodgy challenge he made in the game, which probably influenced the referee's decision on the red card. Late in the game and not the worst tackle I've ever seen, still think it was a harsh decision.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

A friend of mine went to work in Lybia years ago and got turned away for the same reason, that was how I first found out

Can work the other way round, Arab countries refusing entry with an Israeli stamp on your passport.

Used to do a lot of diving and wanted to do the Red Sea. Was advised against Eliat for that reason and went to Aqaba instead. Good decision, best diving trip I ever had and treat like royalty by the locals.

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

How do you have the cheek to show your face after yesterday? What a disgrace! That was Spurs's chance to mount a title challenge and as usual you bottled it.

Never seen a more 'Spursy' performance in my life. 

Is that your way of acknowledging that your knowledge of football did not indicate to you that Maguire is technically a rather average center back?  You actually thought he was top drawer didn't you!!!???? 

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Carragher praises United

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer really is performing miracles - Jamie Carragher appeared on MUTV to praise United.

No he's not performing miracles.  he's doing what was expected having been gifted some gimme fixtures to get himself bedded in.

He's doing the best he can against the teams he's playing against.  He did what we all expected and that was to beat them.  The real test starts mid january.

United fans that know what they are talking about think exactly the same and are currently just delighted at the change in style using a more attacking formula.

Those that are getting all worked up and over excited are just being a bit silly.

16 minutes ago, carmine said:

No he's not performing miracles.  he's doing what was expected having been gifted some gimme fixtures to get himself bedded in.

He's doing the best he can against the teams he's playing against.  He did what we all expected and that was to beat them.  The real test starts mid january.

United fans that know what they are talking about think exactly the same and are currently just delighted at the change in style using a more attacking formula.

Those that are getting all worked up and over excited are just being a bit silly.

I think the point was more about Carragher praising UTD

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

I can't be too hard on United fans for being overly excited. Getting rid of Mourinho is like finally passing a kidney stone.

i don't think i am being hard, i think its more a case of perspective.  And i hope he continues to do well and gets the job full time.

Just now, carmine said:

i don't think i am being hard, i think its more a case of perspective.  And i hope he continues to do well and gets the job full time.

I don't disagree. That defense still looks porous to me. Maybe some 4-2 defeats in the works before too long. But United fans will be happier with 4-2 defeats than having to bear witness to Mourinho's cowardice week in and week out.

Just now, carmine said:

All the current top 6 teams beat those 3 teams. 

As you say it isn’t really interesting until they come up against sterner option. 

38 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Carragher praises United

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer really is performing miracles - Jamie Carragher appeared on MUTV to praise United.

I kinda agree with @Carmie on this (wash my mouth out 555). Ole has got United back playing the "United way" and freed certain players to give the performances that we knew they were capable of. However, it's true that we haven't exactly faced any formidable opposition yet, January/February will see that, therefore a little bit early to claim "miracles".

However, if Ole's journey continues in the way it has started and we can achieve a top 4 finish (a tall order) do we really need to look for a new manager? If we beat Spurs on the 13th, why would the board favour Pochettino over Solskjaer? Spurs, the perpetual bridesmaids, can keep Pochettino. We might be tempted to take Kane with MBS's cash.

I think you might have trouble attracting top shelf talent in January due to it being January and the uncertainty about European football and manager situation. 

If you do keep Ole I think you will find it difficult in summer to attract top talent. 

If you finish outside the top 4 you will need a top shelf manager, not sure if that will guarantee top talent though 

1 hour ago, carmine said:

there are no gimme fixtures in the EPL especially considering the last 3 days of matches and definitely not to MU since the start of the season

What has happened is that the team is now playing with motivation and teamwork which Maurine couldn't get them to do this season - three comprehensive wins in a row this season proves exactly that.

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

there are no gimme fixtures in the EPL especially considering the last 3 days of matches and definitely not to MU since the start of the season

What has happened is that the team is now playing with motivation and teamwork which Maurine couldn't get them to do this season - three comprehensive wins in a row this season proves exactly that.

Oh ok then they were magnificent wins against some of the strongest sides in the league that no one foresaw you ever getting anything out of.......if that makes you feel better????

And i'd already mentioned the improvement in the style of football.  Ole's was gifted four easier fixtures to kick off with whether you like to accept it or not, the real deal starts on jan 13th and is an altogether different deal from there on.

24 minutes ago, carmine said:

the real deal starts on jan 13th and is an altogether different deal from there on.

Yep. Time to stop the talking and start the walking on the 13th, although I wouldn't consider Spurs a top side.

It's a potential 6 pointer as I can see United competing with Spurs for 4th place at the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep. Time to stop the talking and start the walking on the 13th, although I wouldn't consider Spurs a top side.

It's a potential 6 pointer as I can see United competing with Spurs for 4th place at the end of the season.

I bet you still leave out a glass of milk for Santa don't you!!!!

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

I bet you still leave out a glass of milk for Santa don't you!!!!

Wait for my post on the 14th and then tell me who believes in Santa.

I predict that Pogba will leave a very shaky Spurs defence in tatters.

12 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Wait for my post on the 14th and then tell me who believes in Santa.

I predict that Pogba will leave a very shaky Spurs defence in tatters.

Well if you can get this excited beating relegation fodder i dread to think of the physical reaction to beating us.????

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well if you can get this excited beating relegation fodder i dread to think of the physical reaction to beating us.????

I would hardly consider Bournmouth a relegation side. Had they beaten United yesterday they would have been in 8th place. Play a similar game to Spurs, so I predict 1-4 in United's favour on the 12th.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Oh ok then they were magnificent wins against some of the strongest sides in the league that no one foresaw you ever getting anything out of

I wasn't talking about MU when I made the comment about recent upset games in the EPL, there have been a few shock results against the top teams or those aspiring to be (except the current leader), MU has been an undisputed top team in EPL for a very long time - they have nothing to prove were others like Spurs have

Lets see how you do at Cardiff - you might be eating your words 

Like I said no game is a gimme and to say so is foolish

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

a they have nothing to prove were others like Spurs have

Quite. United don't have to prove that they tend to find their form in the New Year, as they usually do.

Spurs need to prove that they don't pack their bags and go home in the New Year, as they usually do.

Happy New Year to everyone (although I fear it won't be very happy one  for Spurs fans).

16 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Quite. United don't have to prove that they tend to find their form in the New Year, as they usually do.

Spurs need to prove that they don't pack their bags and go home in the New Year, as they usually do.

Happy New Year to everyone (although I fear it won't be very happy one  for Spurs fans).

Actually under Pochettino were do win more points in the second half of the season but don't let the stats get in your way!!

Anyway, rather than spouting off because you beat some lesser clubs perhaps you lads should hold back a bit till you play the statistically better teams.  You really are getting carried away about so little!!!!

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Anyway, rather than spouting off because you beat some lesser clubs perhaps you lads should hold back a bit till you play the statistically better teams.  You really are getting carried away about so little!!!!

I have already agreed with you on that. I'll get carried away on the 14th, although I expect bigger victories later in the season. Feb 24th is our first real test.

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Stop this or we'll confiscate your reply button.

Another hilarious false dawn for a few on here.

Keep it up gents its ending my year with huge grins!

Good. Let's face it you haven't got much else to smile about at the moment, Have you? Even less on the 13th.

Just now, Spidey said:

Good. Let's face it you haven't got much else to smile about at the moment, Have you? Even less on the 13th.

Nope your right, 3rd in the League after spending niche in the summer (how much did you spend ? ) not playing in our own stadium, semi of the League Cup, qualified for the Cl after not winning one of our first three, yep things are looking pretty dire at the moment ????

32 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Nope your right, 3rd in the League after spending niche in the summer (how much did you spend ? ) not playing in our own stadium, semi of the League Cup, qualified for the Cl after not winning one of our first three, yep things are looking pretty dire at the moment ????

Sorry, you missed one out, how many premier league titles have you won?

No, when I said "at the moment" I was referring to your stuffing, at home, last Saturday.

It amazes me how many Spurs fans troll this thread. I wouldn't dream of posting on the Spurs thread. I mean why would I? Some poxy little club, somewhere in North London.

Archived