The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Suggest you reread Mourinhos comments this week. As he says there are powerful players in the changing room. That needs to be broken up to allow the manager to manage. THEN it will be about the quality of the players coming in.

Djd you read what I posted? I said it's more about who we sell and that includes the likes of Pogba Martial Lukaku Lingard just to name a few who I would offload and start afresh.

18 minutes ago, nev said:

Pogba Martial Lukaku Lingard 

They probably deserve to be given the boot but I can't see all of those four leaving mate. Of those four, if we kept Pogba and Lingard and sold Lukaku and Martial, I'd be quite happy.... but then there's Sanchez to get off the books too....

It's just the reality that we will have to keep some players who underperformed badly this season, and hope that they improve significantly once the new players arrive. 

3 hours ago, nev said:

Djd you read what I posted? I said it's more about who we sell and that includes the likes of Pogba Martial Lukaku Lingard just to name a few who I would offload and start afresh.

Yes i read your post. Did you read what i posted? I said it's more important to:

1. sort out that dressingroom first, then

2. bring in some quality then

3. move players on.

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

You're welcome BTW. Our win yesterday means you don't have to start your season early in the qualifying round for the Thursday night football cup

You can call it the Mickey Mouse Cup mrboj....everyone else does.

• Like 1

The embarrassment that is united.

It's a joy to see and having the shelf stacker managing the club is truly a joy to watch.

The media captures his "out of his depth" expressions but the real gems are the interviews, they purposely pose questions to him and then pose them an actual newbie foreign manager.

To illustrate how thick this lad really is.

His command of English is very poor given his time here, his responses are robotic.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bkkjimbo said:

The embarrassment that is united.

It's a joy to see and having the shelf stacker managing the club is truly a joy to watch.

The media captures his "out of his depth" expressions but the real gems are the interviews, they purposely pose questions to him and then pose them an actual newbie foreign manager.

To illustrate how thick this lad really is.

His command of English is very poor given his time here, his responses are robotic.

Suck it in Jim and take a breath!.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:13 PM, RickG16 said:

Pogba and Lingard were in the video for the new kit, so we can almost certainly say that they will be here next season.

Mata in an official video to celebrate the Treble anniversary, so that could show he's staying. 

• 2 weeks later...

Usually reliable Sky Sport TV is reporting that Daniel James (21) is at Carrington having a medical today. I sincerely hope so and no doubt Ryan Giggs played a part in his move from Swansea.Watching videos on you tube he sure has some pace.His Welsh teamates say he's got a good attitude ,that will be a nice change

Of course United if they had plan in place before could have had him on the right and Zaha on the left and moved Martial on.

Still no news on anyone leaving

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Just read that there are still 6 days left on David Moyes original contract. Knowing Woodward he'll try and renew it !!

Is that the contract that was terminated five years ago, and therefore can't be renewed?

Seriously though... the more time goes on I don't know what we were thinking with that appointment. 

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

This isn't University Challenge. It's football, and Rooney is one of the cleverest players I've seen on the pitch. 

He would need a good assistant. Like Shanks and Paisley, Clough and Taylor, Potts and Adamson.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

This isn't University Challenge. It's football, and Rooney is one of the cleverest players I've seen on the pitch. 

So why don't all great footballers succeed as managers?

It does take brains to be a football manager, and I think Rooney doesn't have them or enough about him to be a PL manager. 

• Like 1