The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

56 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

just because there has been the odd dive doesn't mean that the vast majority of pens we have been awarded weren't legit.

DON'T believe I made that point. 

I highlighted a terrible attempt by Martial at cheating the ref and cheating City that I thought was worth highlighting on here...and how he didn't get booked is hard to understand!

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

It seems Ighalo is in the squad will he get a game against his old club?

0_share_6339af81bb1d0eac743b9e90e8f14840.png

Why not? We need to freshen up the front line with Cavani out.

I also don't get why people have Henderson in their team (also on Red Cafe). Since when has a keeper needed two games rest in a row?

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Since when has a keeper needed two games rest in a row?

A lot of clubs give their No2 goalie the domestic cup games and leave the No1 to the PL and CL games. Although I know the CL doesn't apply to you, maybe DDG will still get the thursday night cup games

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

A lot of clubs give their No2 goalie the domestic cup games and leave the No1 to the PL and CL games. Although I know the CL doesn't apply to you, maybe DDG will still get the thursday night cup games

Yes I get that. But 2 games off in a row seems counterproductive. Would rather DDG gets back in the groove as he's been playing well. Anyway the damage is done, he should have played on Wednesday and Henderson this weekend. I'm not suggesting DDG would have saved the 2 goals but like I said it sent out the wrong message to you lot from the time the team sheets were announced.

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Yes I get that. But 2 games off in a row seems counterproductive. Would rather DDG gets back in the groove as he's been playing well. Anyway the damage is done, he should have played on Wednesday and Henderson this weekend. I'm not suggesting DDG would have saved the 2 goals but like I said it sent out the wrong message to you lot from the time the team sheets were announced.

We played our No2 goalie against you

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

We played our No2 goalie against you

That's fine. I'm not saying all teams should have done it. Maybe in the context of the past 5 years getting to and winning the League Cup Final is more important to us than you... I'm prepared to admit that.

Use your thread to post this as it's the popular thread  ????

Been using the much improved BEin Sports Connect app today. Watched Villa kids do their club proud and im now watching Chorley vs Derby. Used to be just a couple of channels but now have I think 8 channels...good selection of FA Cup live games on right now. At THB59 for 7 days it's quite a bargain (has catchup too). Hope to watch City vs Brum tomorrow and Stockport vs Kadilo XI, and ManU on catchup if Watford win. Worth getting.

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Use your thread to post this as it's the popular thread  ????

Been using the much improved BEin Sports Connect app today. Watched Villa kids do their club proud and im now watching Chorley vs Derby. Used to be just a couple of channels but now have I think 8 channels...good selection of FA Cup live games on right now. At THB59 for 7 days it's quite a bargain (has catchup too). Hope to watch City vs Brum tomorrow and Stockport vs Kadilo XI, and ManU on catchup if Watford win. Worth getting.

The mighty Stockport. Banana skin awaits. Do I need to start prepping my excuses?

Over here all the FA cup games are on BT, BBC, BBC iPlayer or this new FA player which is a free app. 

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

The mighty Stockport. Banana skin awaits. Do I need to start prepping my excuses?

Over here all the FA cup games are on BT, BBC, BBC iPlayer or this new FA player which is a free app. 

6th tier Chorley deserved 2v0 win over Derby. So you never know ????

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

6th tier Chorley deserved 2v0 win over Derby. So you never know ????

Yeah but Derby were COVID hit and played 11 first timers. We are capable of anything. 

Watford could spring one on United. (As we are in their thread). New manager, will be well up for it. 

Just now, Kadilo said:

Yeah but Derby were COVID hit and played 11 first timers. We are capable of anything. 

Watford could spring one on United. (As we are in their thread). 

Does anybody watch The Cycling GK videos on YouTube (i.e. Ben Foster)? Worth a watch. 

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Does anybody watch The Cycling GK videos on YouTube (i.e. Ben Foster)? Worth a watch. 

Not heard of them but will have a look. Got a lot of time for Ben Foster when I’ve heard him speak. Top bloke. 

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Not heard of them but will have a look. Got a lot of time for Ben Foster when I’ve heard him speak. Top bloke. 

They were in the press as he has a camera in his goal which required he come to an agreement with the EPL. The football ones are interesting (shows how boring it can be for a footballer in the lead up to a game); I like the cycling ones. Seems a decent guy.

Pretty drab affair after a bright first 10 mins. Guess you can't expect too much from the second string. 

Henderson had a good game and I hope all this experience will be good for him. Now on to Burnley and time to get excited again! I hope Bruno is feeling recharged and refreshed!

3 minutes ago, LeungKen said:

Rick, that wasn't just a drab affair, it was a diabolic display by players that think they should be playing more often.

Oh for the days of the hair-dryer treatment.

I don't think you can expect too much of players with little match fitness and who aren't used to playing together. But yes, we could have done better. 

The hair dryer would be inappropriate.

5 minutes ago, LeungKen said:

Rick, that wasn't just a drab affair, it was a diabolic display by players that think they should be playing more often.

Oh for the days of the hair-dryer treatment.

What we can say is, as you eluded to, nobody really staked a claim for a first team spot.

I really don't see the fuss with VDB. Good technical player. Puts himself about. Good at little give n gos. But listening to some United fans you'd think we were keeping Zidane on the bench. I think it's the 'new toy' syndrome and the fact he had a good CL campaign with Ajax.

Manchester United make Harry Maguire decision amid suspension threat

Harry Maguire is on four yellow cards in the Premier League and if he is booked at Burnley he will be suspended for Man United at Liverpool.

Do they risk him getting a yellow?

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Manchester United to face Liverpool in FA Cup fourth round

10 Feb - FA Cup fifth round (Manchester United or Liverpool vs Stockport/West Ham or Doncaster)

Looks like a fix to me what do you think Chip Butty

Archived