The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

If Pogba played like this every week then United fans wouldn't care what his agent was saying. This display has to be the benchmark before the inevitable summer sale. 8

Maybe his first shop window performance hoping to go on Jan. 

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Is that score for his display of him tripping himself up conveniently in the penalty area. If so, I'd give him a 10 for that

Sorry BJ.

Whilst I admit you are trying to add a bit of humour to the thread, experience and reviewing several video replays ( and I watched it live on TV), it was certainly a foul on Pogba in the penalty area. A tad "softish"  I grant you, but this type of tackle is simply not allowed in in the modern game.

Now in my day.............

(and sadly I still have the scars to show for it)

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Of course it was. Looks like your going for another record number of penalties awarded in a season again

Held by Francis Lee of Manchester City?  Mind you, he had 4 more games in his time, but no VAR.

2 hours ago, LeungKen said:

Sorry BJ.

Whilst I admit you are trying to add a bit of humour to the thread, experience and reviewing several video replays ( and I watched it live on TV), it was certainly a foul on Pogba in the penalty area. A tad "softish"  I grant you, but this type of tackle is simply not allowed in in the modern game.

I've watched it back a few times and Pogba was working is way across to the middle and about to pull the trigger when the guy klipped his heels, these days thats a penalty

2 hours ago, LeungKen said:

Sorry BJ.

Sorry ken but I 100% disagree.  The defender didn't tackle Pogba at all, you will not be able to show any replay in which the defender tackled Pogba. They were side by side and whilst running Pogba's boot caught the back of Luiz calf and he ended up tripping himself up. It was absolutely a soft decision and I reckon VAR just stood by the original decision. I also reckon if the ref hadn't given it VAR wouldn't have overturned that decision either

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I've watched it back a few times and Pogba was working is way across to the middle and about to pull the trigger when the guy klipped his heels, these days thats a penalty

So even you 2 don't agree with each other and you're both United fans.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Don't know why you are replying to me with that. I'm not trusting the amateur body language experts on Twitter. He could've been saying anything. 

Yeah but look at Pogba's hand movements. It's bladdy 100% nailed on what he is acting out. I don't do sign language but I bet dive is similar to Pogba's directions

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah but look at Pogba's hand movements. It's bladdy 100% nailed on what he is acting out. I don't do sign language but I bet dive is similar to Pogba's directions

BS, I saw the hand movements and he could have been pointing in front of him wear he wanted the ball.

15 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Most of them have been legit. Yesterday's was conscious.

You've only won 2 games out of 10 without VAR getting you the winner.

These are all defo legit pens, 33 in 59 games.

As Scudermore said, United's decline is bad for the EPL. 

DANNY MURPHY: It hurts me to say this as an ex-Liverpool man but welcome back, Manchester United... nothing can compare to the biggest two clubs in the country going toe-to-toe for the title

My natural instinct isn't to wish Manchester United well but I have to appreciate that seeing them in the title mix, currently joint-top with Liverpool, is good for the game.

The rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester City has been enthralling in recent years but nothing can compare with seeing the biggest two clubs in the country — Liverpool and United — going toe to toe.

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

You've only won 2 games out of 10 without VAR getting you the winner.

These are all defo legit pens, 33 in 59 games.

As Scudermore said, United's decline is bad for the EPL. 

This season is unprecedented for pens in general. We have won more than any other team because we have fastest most direct (although maybe not the best) attackers.

Don't think there are more than 2-3 contentious ones.

What are you actually saying here? Out with it... These penalties are being scrutinized using the latest technology. Are you saying there is some kind of pro United conspiracy at Stockley Park? If you're not then s t f u. 

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

DANNY MURPHY: It hurts me to say this as an ex-Liverpool man but welcome back, Manchester United... nothing can compare to the biggest two clubs in the country going toe-to-toe for the title

My natural instinct isn't to wish Manchester United well but I have to appreciate that seeing them in the title mix, currently joint-top with Liverpool, is good for the game.

The rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester City has been enthralling in recent years but nothing can compare with seeing the biggest two clubs in the country — Liverpool and United — going toe to toe.

Danny Murphy is complete and utter <deleted>. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

This season is unprecedented for pens in general. We have won more than any other team because we have fastest most direct (although maybe not the best) attackers.

Don't think there are more than 2-3 contentious ones.

What are you actually saying here? Out with it... These penalties are being scrutinized using the latest technology. Are you saying there is some kind of pro United conspiracy at Stockley Park? If you're not then s t f u. 

Eat a bag of dicks, PRick. 

28 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Never happen cos if you touch a United players toe he'll drop like a bazooka has hit him

but (unfortunately) the same can be said about SOME Liverpool players, one comes to mind Salah, check how many penalties were awarded to him and while there look at Mane as well, they dive easily but truth be said MU (in regards to awarded penalties) is a privilege team

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

but (unfortunately) the same can be said about SOME Liverpool players, one comes to mind Salah, check how many penalties were awarded to him and while there look at Mane as well, they dive easily but truth be said MU (in regards to awarded penalties) is a privilege team

We have the fastest forward line in the league these defenders are shaking in their boots

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

These penalties are being scrutinized using the latest technology. 

The problem with VAR is the going against the ref's original decision, due to clear and obvious error. If you've conned the ref in the first place the chances of it being overturned are extremely slim. That one the other day, had it not been given, I doubt VAR would have overturned the decision and awarded it.

I know you're a red and so see it through your blinkers which is fine but I'm seeing nailed on penalties not being given to other teams but you're getting the rub of the green off the ref a little too much

34 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Eat a bag of dicks, PRick. 

So the time came to actually explain what point you want to make and you completely bottled it.

It was all some Benitez-esque 'facts' style bluster.

You might have found a good German to coach you and a couple good players, but based on your level of substance the <deleted>housery of your fans still remains. 

3 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So the time came to actually explain what point you want to make and you completely bottled it.

It was all some Benitez-esque 'facts' style bluster.

You might have found a good German to coach you and a couple good players, but based on your level of substance the <deleted>housery of your fans still remains. 

You're the big Jessy that switches to insults, so you'll get it straight back. Should have expected it really, too thick to understand my point and then starts pretending you're all hard again. <deleted> yourself. 

2 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You're the big Jessy that switches to insults, so you'll get it straight back. Should have expected it really, too thick to understand my point and then starts pretending you're all hard again. <deleted> yourself. 

No insult involved. I merely told you to shut up or explain this big conspiracy which you seem to be hinting at.

Still waiting 

Archived