The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Has the giddiness of giving us a decent game not worn off yet? That was your Cup Final, and we still beat you on a very bad day.

To quote your boss “you got away with one” and was outplayed by a mid table not full strength side who have lost the last six away matches. 

Yes our gulf is massive, I’ve been saying it all season and I agree we have fritted  away lots of cash on <deleted>, same as yourselves. 

That wasn’t our Cup Final, that was then we beat you at home ????

Sorry you seem to take everything personal. Your other posters are not saying anything too dissimilar. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nev said:

Rick I am not having a go at Pogba, It's some of the team in General like Lingard loves his social media but on the pitch he has regressed when was the last time he had a better than average game, I Was also pinpointing our fitness level and comparing them to not City but Liverpool who never stop running all game.

Yeah I can't see where Lingard goes from here. Looks like he has pace, a decent finish and that's about it.

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Is that "to a west ham fan" or to fans of any clubs other than ManU? Or do you just not like WHU? I ask as i thought Kadilo made fair points.

Probably the harsh reality of where they are in the grand scheme of things.

I felt the same when we got stuffed by Burnley and outplayed by Huddersfield. 

Sometimes it can hurt. ????

Edited by Kadilo

32 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Probably the harsh reality of where they are in the grand scheme of things.

I felt the same when we got stuffed by Burnley and outplayed by Huddersfield. 

Sometimes it can hurt. ????

Yep, the fact that most of the reds have gone back 'in to the woodwork' after the Oli euphoria has ebbed says it all. We're back to the usual 2 reds in Rick and Nev.

10 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yep, the fact that most of the reds have gone back 'in to the woodwork' after the Oli euphoria has ebbed says it all. We're back to the usual 2 reds in Rick and Nev.

Yeah the Ole Gonna Saviour revolution hasn’t exactly taken off yet but early days. He will rightly be judged on next season. 

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah the Ole Gonna Saviour revolution hasn’t exactly taken off yet but early days. He will rightly be judged on next season. 

Sanchez will still be picking up his half a million next season.

The legacy of Mourinho will take more than a season to lift.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Jones at right back. :whistling:

He won’t get targeted. 

Robbie Savage Radio 5 Commentary..... United have a massive rebuild that needs to start now. There are around 12 that they could lose. Looking at City’s second team, most could get in this side. 

Bit Harsh. I’m sure he will be welcomed next time at OT 

Edited by Kadilo

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

these woeful <deleted> are not going to do shit in the derby, what a load of <deleted>

Remember the Gerrard pass back to hand Chelsea the title ???? might come back to haunt you lot ????

Another honest assessment from OGS. There is a lot to like about the guy. “They were a couple of levels above over the 2 games”

Darren Fletcher: “United are way off City and Liverpool. Scott McTominay did not stop all night and if you can put that work rate and attitude into players who have more ability, that would be great” 

Seemed to be a bit of a dig at Pogba. 

Gary Neville: “ United need a new defence in its entirety “

OGS was right in saying United did well to get this far. As I said before 200 mill will go some way to helping but the gulf is now huge. Maybe buys a new defence? 

Looked good for the first 10 mins. if Rashford had got that shot on target it would have helped but totally outclassed as I expected and when Messi is in form like that you only have to admire his talent.He's scored more goals than most players make appearances.

With Arsenal picking up points with a lucky break from an ex United keeper top 4 is looking very difficult.

Said a couple of weks ago OGS has mountain to climb and 2 new players will not be enough, 4 at a minimum and move some of the dead wood out and maybe get Greenwood and Chong into the official squad.

Pre season, which is always about making money, they are off to Perth, Singapore and China not a lot of time to bed in new players when some actually need to rest niggling injuries.

4 games in 10 days doesnt get any easier but same for all,top 4 very difficult

Today's Guardian reckons the following 10 players out of your squad of 24 (thats 42%) should go:

Young 

Valencia 

Smalling 

Rojo 

Darmian 

Matic 

Herrera 

Mata 

Pereira 

Sánchez.

That's a massive rebuilding of the squad needed over the next few transfer windows.

There's not a lot of quality in that squad, only these 5 players out of 24 to build a team around (my opinion):

de Gea 

Shaw

Pogba

Rashford

Martial

Agree / Disagree with the Guardian's assessment?

Here's the article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/17/manchester-united-squad-verdict-who-should-stay-and-who-should-go-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Today's Guardian reckons the following 10 players out of your squad of 24 (thats 42%) should go:

Young 

Valencia 

Smalling 

Rojo 

Darmian 

Matic 

Herrera 

Mata 

Pereira 

Sánchez.

That's a massive rebuilding of the squad needed over the next few transfer windows.

There's not a lot of quality in that squad, only these 5 players out of 24 to build a team around (my opinion):

de Gea 

Shaw

Pogba

Rashford

Martial

Here's the article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/17/manchester-united-squad-verdict-who-should-stay-and-who-should-go-ole-gunnar-solskjaer

You can make a case for all of those 10 to be shipped put, with the exception of Pereira who I think it would be very harsh on.

Also think Martial is lucky to make your 'build a team around' list.

In reality I can't see that big a clearout happening. Would leave the squad too thin.

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You can make a case for all of those 10 to be shipped put, with the exception of Pereira who I think it would be very harsh on.

Also think Martial is lucky to make your 'build a team around' list.

In reality I can't see that big a clearout happening. Would leave the squad too thin.

Martial is talented but has a bit too much of the Ozil lethargy in him to be a big star.

Of those 10 players you can see all of the over 30 year olds being shipped out.

So which of the 24 would you keep AND build a team around?

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Martial is talented but has a bit too much of the Ozil lethargy in him to be a big star.

Of those 10 players you can see all of the over 30 year olds being shipped out.

So which of the 24 would you keep AND build a team around?

I can't see more than 6-7 leaving. Players like Smalling make useful squad players. I think we might see a lot more of McTominay next season, and Fred might even get a few more chances.

A lot could depend on if we make top four, as that could effect who we are able to snap up in the transfer market.

Koulibaly, Maguire, Bale and Jiminez would be a good summer's work.

53 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Young 

Valencia 

Smalling 

Rojo 

Darmian 

Matic 

Herrera 

Mata 

Pereira 

Sánchez.

de Gea 

Shaw

Pogba

Rashford

Martial

Here's the article.

Agree. Jones seems to be missing. He’s got to be a def departee. 

How long  before Pogba “falls out” with OLS

Edited by Kadilo

17 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

these woeful <deleted> are not going to do shit in the derby, what a load of <deleted>

Fair point Bob, but how do you think Rafa will approach the 

Newcastle v Liverpool game?

Me thinks Rafa will roll out the Red Carpet for his beloved 

Liverpool fans. 

So that should even things out a little. ????

13 hours ago, nev said:

Remember the Gerrard pass back to hand Chelsea the title ???? might come back to haunt you lot ????

???? yeah that was dodgy. The way you are playing though, I doubt you will need to help City ????

19 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Fair point Bob, but how do you think Rafa will approach the 

Newcastle v Liverpool game?

Me thinks Rafa will roll out the Red Carpet for his beloved 

Liverpool fans. 

So that should even things out a little. ????

It is an interesting one, I'm not sure if ungentlemanly conduct suits him. I have a feeling we will have a tough game there and it may be where we drop out with a point. That said, if ever there was a man that could help us out it's him ????