Joe Gomez

Curtis Jones

James Milner

Jordan Henderson

Naby Keita

Harvey Elliott

Bobby Firmino

Sadio Mane??

Of those, only Mane worked with the group. Some of the others worked individually but Jones will be out for a while with an eye injury.

Origi added to the list, injured in the Belgium v Wales game.

4 hours ago, wilai said:

Of those, only Mane worked with the group. Some of the others worked individually but Jones will be out for a while with an eye injury.

Origi added to the list, injured in the Belgium v Wales game.

Would you stop it please!

41 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Count yourself lucky...you should see "City,s Growing List"

Currently one player ....but could rise to 2 ????????????

Instead of trying to be a smart a** check the facts. 

Ferran Torres injured in the last international break and hasn't played since

Bernardo SIlva. Injured muscle and didn't play the first game. Came off early the second game complaining of something probably related.

KdB, playing through the pain on meds. Will come back and bite him/us

Jack Grealish returned from the England camp after the last first game

Cole Parmer an hamstring injury

Ruben Dias and Joao Cancelo both left out of Portugal first game but brought back for the second.

Mahrez may also have an injury as he is Algeria's best player but had to come on from the bench. Probably playing through pain

27 minutes ago, wilai said:

That'll be the guy who scored and played the full game against Wales last night.  Can't have been too serious????

You mean in the same way Rashford played for England and then had the operation after the Euro's? Players constantly play carrying injuries and on pain killers etc. It usually comes back and bites later and no doubt it'll be when we need him the most. Also, he hasn't been the same this season and most reckon it's cos he's been playing through it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

You mean in the same way Rashford played for England and then had the operation after the Euro's? Players constantly play carrying injuries and on pain killers etc. It usually comes back and bites later and no doubt it'll be when we need him the most. Also, he hasn't been the same this season and most reckon it's cos he's been playing through it

Agree.....KDB is a strange one. I know he was affected at the beginning of the season but Belgium didn't need the win last night as  they'd already qualified. No idea why he is still playing if carrying a knock! International managers are a bunch of........!

• Like 1

Just now, wilai said:

International managers are a bunch of........!

Couldn't agree more. No respect for the clubs who pay these players wages and turn them into the players they are. The international managers just reap the rewards of their domestic clubs training regimes

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Bernardo SIlva. Injured muscle and didn't play the first game. Came off early the second game complaining of something probably related.

Ruben Dias and Joao Cancelo both left out of Portugal first game but brought back for the second.

Mahrez may also have an injury as he is Algeria's best player but had to come on from the bench. Probably playing through pain

I dont post nothing without checking "Facts" ...and Torres apart from Mendy (who probably would n,t get picked any way?)are the only players definitely not fit to play this coming week end.

2 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I dont post nothing without checking "Facts" ...and Torres apart from Mendy (who probably would n,t get picked any way?)are the only players definitely not fit to play this coming week end.

I certainly hope you're right and they will be fit to play but the points I made above are still extant

On 11/16/2021 at 9:05 AM, wilai said:

Robbo the latest international week casualty????. Don't know how serious as yet.

Tight hamstring not a strain but only 50/50 for the weekend. Think the Greek scouser will get a game....afaik he is fit????

Hendo possibly fit for the weekend.

• Thanks 1

That was going pretty well for Arsenal, until the Aldi version of Guardiola lost his <deleted> on the side line. 

Superb win in the end, love it when a team thinks they can come to Anfield and play out from the back, a day to forget for Tavares. 

AOC I thought was good again today, both defending and driving forward, defo a player that needs games to find form.

The 3rd goal one touch footy was sublime, that through header from Jota ????

Interesting to see what side will face Porto now we are through....

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

That was going pretty well for Arsenal, until the Aldi version of Guardiola lost his <deleted> on the side line. 

Agree. Having a hissy fit when trying to get Mane punished for doing sod all got the crowd and the players fired up. Up until then we were just going through the motions. The pressing in the 2nd half was as good as I've seen all season. Fab's performance as anchor meant six or seven could press and Arsenal (especially Tavares) couldn't handle it. 

I wonder if Ramsdale and White got the newspapers Diogo sent them out for?????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wilai said:

Agree. Having a hissy fit when trying to get Mane punished for doing sod all got the crowd and the players fired up. Up until then we were just going through the motions. The pressing in the 2nd half was as good as I've seen all season. Fab's performance as anchor meant six or seven could press and Arsenal (especially Tavares) couldn't handle it. 

I wonder if Ramsdale and White got the newspapers Diogo sent them out for?????

Yeah I should have mentioned Fab, that was his best performance of the season. 

Why do managers keep targeting Mane....

And yeah that composure in front of goal from Jota, I hope his knee is just bruised and not injured.

On 11/17/2021 at 5:06 PM, mrbojangles said:

So much for your "Facts" which of course were not facts at all just a load of "if,s but,s and maybe ,s"

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

So much for your "Facts" which of course were not facts at all just a load of "if,s but,s and maybe ,s"

So much for you checking. You said:-

Well Grealish wasn't fit and didn't play or make the bench. KdB couldn't play either

57 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

So much for you checking. You said:-

Well Grealish wasn't fit and didn't play or make the bench. KdB couldn't play either

Be as pedantic as you like but your...."Growing Injury List" rose from 1 to 2 (football related) nowhere near the 9 players that Liverpool had at the time of your post....and still have.

4 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Be as pedantic as you like but your...."Growing Injury List" rose from 1 to 2 (football related) nowhere near the 9 players that Liverpool had at the time of your post....and still have.

Tis you whom I think is the pedant. Not once did I say ours was as bad as Liverpool's list. I merely mentioned ours seemed to be growing as well, which was more of a moan at the international's more than anything. It appears you seem to like to just jump on stuff I post merely for the sake of it. We don't appear to get on, so best to give each other a wide birth I think. 

• Like 1

First of 11 games in 35 days tonight and as it's a dead rubber for us having already won the group, I expect a few of the 1st XI to be given a rest. Porto will be up for it though so I doubt too many of the kids will be thrown in from the start (they also play Porto earlier in the day) but maybe Morton will get a start in midfield. Just hope we get no further injuries. (We lost Jota long term in a similar game last season).

• Like 1

As could be expected, a pretty low key performance but 'Job Done' 2-0 without too many scares. Notable for a couple of good goals a 30 yarder from MoM Thiago and a typical Mo finish. Also had a couple disallowed for offside with one of them a very tight decision by VAR. Main thing was no additional injuries as far as I could see.

Kids also won....4-0 to go top of their group with one match to play. 

• Like 1