The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

3 hours ago, wilai said:

Are you saying he is wrong?...about the 5 subs rule as well? Personally, I think he is perfectly entitled to 'moan' about the fixture scheduling idiocy and I make him right on both counts. ????

I'm saying he's wrong about the tight schedule. It's always been that way. However, the 5 subs rule should be allowed. Not 100% sure but I think we are the only country in europe to have reverted back to 3 subs.

I don't expect you to disagree with your man but he is starting to moan a hell of a lot

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don't expect you to disagree with your man but he is starting to moan a hell of a lot

He's entitled to his opinion. And he is merely giving it in response to questions. Outspoken?...yes but he sticks to his beliefs. I wish all managers were the same to be honest. 

BTW...Looks like your boy has come around to the same view????

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has suggested a players’ strike may be the only way to call serious attention to welfare issues amid a Premier League fixture pile-up.

Tuchel now as well

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has called the Premier League schedule "not fair" and said his side "are struggling" after sustaining more injuries.

Klipperty leads and the others just follow????

36 minutes ago, wilai said:

He's entitled to his opinion. And he is merely giving it in response to questions. Outspoken?...yes but he sticks to his beliefs. I wish all managers were the same to be honest. 

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has suggested a players’ strike may be the only way to call serious attention to welfare issues amid a Premier League fixture pile-up.

Tuchel now as well

Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has called the Premier League schedule "not fair" and said his side "are struggling" after sustaining more injuries.

All of em are Johnny foreigners trying to ruin the english game. Even Rangnik has started

Well, we were due a bad one. Should have won in a canter but ended up blowing it. Mane, Salah and Jota all screwed up for once. Dominated as usual but very sloppy, especially 2nd half. Even Alisson's head couldn't save us this time.

League looks destined for City but we won't give up...roll on Chelsea????

28 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh it's far from over mate

I dunno mate.....all teams are struggling to get a decent XI out every few days, except you guys who can sell a 55m player and afford to drop 100m Grealish and Foden for disciplinary reasons. Then there is AfCoN  coming up. Will take a minor miracle just to stay in touch????

On 12/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, wilai said:

Tuchel now as well

They should all shut up. Has it ever occured to you that because the PL is pretty much the only major league on over Xmas it gets even bigger viewing figures around the world...?

The same thing that these managers are complaining about is the same thing that is ultimately lining their pockets?

4 hours ago, wilai said:

I dunno mate.....all teams are struggling to get a decent XI out every few days, except you guys who can sell a 55m player and afford to drop 100m Grealish and Foden for disciplinary reasons. Then there is AfCoN  coming up. Will take a minor miracle just to stay in touch????

And once City get a bit of clean air behind them, without pressure they don't let up

6 hours ago, wilai said:

I've been having a think about this and all I can put it down to is Pep. Torres wasn't a 55m player when we bought him but Pep turned him into one, in the same way that he has made almost every player under him a better player. In our transition years after we got bought we were often accused and with fair criticism of not giving youngsters a chance, Pep is rectifying that and he is also rotating so that players are kept pretty fresh. All the PL have the same squad size but whereas many teams have their players that play every week, City don't seem to have a single "superstar". Players get injured but we have a competent players to step in. Is Klopp doing this or is he relying on the same players too much, so that when they are out you don't have a good replacement?

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I've been having a think about this and all I can put it down to is Pep. Torres wasn't a 55m player when we bought him but Pep turned him into one, in the same way that he has made almost every player under him a better player. In our transition years after we got bought we were often accused and with fair criticism of not giving youngsters a chance, Pep is rectifying that and he is also rotating so that players are kept pretty fresh. All the PL have the same squad size but whereas many teams have their players that play every week, City don't seem to have a single "superstar". Players get injured but we have a competent players to step in. Is Klopp doing this or is he relying on the same players too much, so that when they are out you don't have a good replacement?

You certainly do have some great kids but that isn't the main reason. Just look at squad values....a quick look at Google shows yours is 1.28billion whereas our 'paupers' (yep, I know we're about 6th most valuable????) is estimated at741m. That's a massive disparity of over 500 million quid. Quite clearly, it is the money you have spent that is the difference between you, us, and everyone else, irrespective of whether the managers (I think both are good) have improved the youngsters at their disposal,  I wasn't moaning about it, just pointing out why we need a miracle to keep up. 

And as far as superstars go....you are being far too modest! you have a squad full of the bleeders!????

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

You certainly do have some great kids but that isn't the main reason. Just look at squad values....a quick look at Google shows yours is 1.28billion whereas our 'paupers' (yep, I know we're about 6th most valuable????) is estimated at741m. That's a massive disparity of over 500 million quid. Quite clearly, it is the money you have spent that is the difference between you, us, and everyone else, irrespective of whether the managers (I think both are good) have improved the youngsters at their disposal,  I wasn't moaning about it, just pointing out why we need a miracle to keep up. 

And as far as superstars go....you are being far too modest! you have a squad full of the bleeders!????

That's about today's value though isn't it? In other words, as I said above, it's about what Pep has done to improve them i.e. Torres bought for circa 21m and sold for 55m. Be interesting to see the price paid alongside the current value

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

That's about today's value though isn't it? In other words, as I said above, it's about what Pep has done to improve them i.e. Torres bought for circa 21m and sold for 55m. Be interesting to see the price paid alongside the current value

As your 'net spend' over five years is more than 400million greater than ours, it only emphasises my point. 

Decent game to watch but frustrating to drop two points after going a coupla goals ahead. Experienced lads were mainly at fault with VVD and all three midfielders struggling with the pace of the game. Thiago was a big miss and Kante/Kovacic were allowed to control the game at times.

Mo scored a cracker and always had Chelsea worried when we attacked and Kelleher & Tsimikas stood up well deputising for Alisson/Robbo. Mane also played well (fortunately Tierney was replaced as VAR b4 kick off otherwise he would have been on the early flight to AfCoN!)????

Good night for City. It will be tough to catch them now????

9 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Question guys. Is Tsimikas strictly a left back or can he play CB? I.e. is there any chance of him starting once Robertson is back?

He may get a chance further forward during AfCoN but we're not short of CBs for once.

10 hours ago, wilai said:

As expected....Arsenal game is postponed.

Klopp will be moaning about fixture congestion due to postponed matches next. Should have just thrown the kids out. When you went away for the Kings of the Galaxy Cup he left the kids and youth coach to play the game

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Should have just thrown the kids out.

They immune from Covid then?....Loads of cases in the camp. If they could have played kids they would have. We also had a Youth Cup game scheduled for this Friday cancelled.

FA Cup match still on as things stand at the moment.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

They immune from Covid then?...

Course that's not what I'm saying. The thing is, as far as I can find out, no figures are announced, it just says a "significant amount of players and staff" and the FA don't give a definitive number that allows a club to postpone. It all seems on a case-by-case application. 

Personally. I think Klopp is seeing this as a possible Trophy and is taking it seriously

Archived