The Official Liverpool FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Course that's not what I'm saying. The thing is, as far as I can find out, no figures are announced, it just says a "significant amount of players and staff" and the FA don't give a definitive number that allows a club to postpone. It all seems on a case-by-case application. 

Personally. I think Klopp is seeing this as a possible Trophy and is taking it seriously

As the Public Health Authorities have ordered the entire training centre  to be closed for a few days, I would think it is a serious outbreak and not just confined to first XI

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, wilai said:

Coutinho is joining Villa on loan with option to buy. Wasn't interested in him coming back to us but could be a good move for SG.

Why could it be a good move?

I know you probably have a nostalgic soft spot for Coutinho but do you honestly think Gerrard can turn this guy around? He's been <deleted> for years.

If Gerrard can, he is a seriously good manager.

45 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

He's been <deleted> for years.

Rubbish mate. Before his cartilage injury he was one of Brazil's best players. Now fit,  back in the National squad and with the WC on the horizon he'll be well motivated .

Still under 30, no loan fee afaik and Barca paying half his wages whilst he is on loan. SG knows him well and pushed for the signing personally. If the injury hasn't taken too much out of him he will be a great addition to Villa's team, especially as their 'Grealish replacement' Buendia, hasn't really worked out.

2 hours ago, wilai said:

Rubbish mate. Before his cartilage injury he was one of Brazil's best players. Now fit,  back in the National squad and with the WC on the horizon he'll be well motivated .

Still under 30, no loan fee afaik and Barca paying half his wages whilst he is on loan. SG knows him well and pushed for the signing personally. If the injury hasn't taken too much out of him he will be a great addition to Villa's team, especially as their 'Grealish replacement' Buendia, hasn't really worked out.

Not arguing that the structure of the deal isn't savvy. Or that he has been hampered by injuries. But you can't say he's lived up to expectations at Barca or Bayern.

And don't play the Brazilian national team card. Fred does great with the Brazilian national team!

48 minutes ago, wilai said:

Now you say the move is 'savvy'. Your earlier comment was asking 'why could it be a good move?'

And as for comparing Brazils #2 playmaker with Fred?????????

I said the structure of the deal is savvy.... I.e. this guy is an out of form sick note and that's why they aren't taking any financial risk

On 1/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, wilai said:

????Coutinho is joining Villa on loan with option to buy. Wasn't interested in him coming back to us but could be a good move for SG

So you do agree with my original comment then!????

4 hours ago, wilai said:

So you do agree with my original comment then!????

No I don't. I don't see how it can be a good move because he's <deleted>. 

It's like getting a battered Mercedes that's seen much better days on the cheap. It might have been a good car once, but it's not anymore.

We'll have to see how he goes. You certainly have a downer on him without even seeing him play over the last year or so......You must have a good memory....maybe it goes all the way back to the Europa League????

https://youtu.be/EhwQQw-kfBE

And yeah....he's <deleted> for Barca too????

https://youtu.be/Mv4bH8Cbrmo

Shame he has Covid.....would have been good to see him debut against your donkeys.

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

We'll have to see how he goes. You certainly have a downer on him without even seeing him play over the last year or so......You must have a good memory....maybe it goes all the way back to the Europa League????

https://youtu.be/EhwQQw-kfBE

And yeah....he's <deleted> for Barca too????

https://youtu.be/Mv4bH8Cbrmo

Shame he has Covid.....would have been good to see him debut against your donkeys.

We can all pick out YouTube highlights.

However you frame it, he's been a flop since he's left Liverpool and now he'll be playing with worse players.

As I said, if Gerrard can turn him around it will be very impressive and unlike some people (of course, I am in no way referring to the denial of Liverpool needing to strengthen their squad more after the title winning year........) I will be happy to admit I'm wrong. 

44 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

We can all pick out YouTube highlights.

We can indeed, especially where your lot are defending.???? 

In all honesty his stats from the loan at BM are pretty good.....In 36 apps (incl as sub) he scored 11 and set up a further 9. I reckon SG will be happy with those!.... BTW he helped win the league, Cup and Champions League during his time there. 

As for Barca, under Koeman the whole club was a mess.. Hardly PC's fault 

15982199085647.jpg

JK is fit for the bench tonight....depending on how all the keepers got on with their 2nd covid tests, he may be vying with Karius for a game in goal!????

Panic over???? Kelleher/Adrian both ok. Quite experienced at the back and a lot of youngsters further forward. Some bad news....TAA joins the Covid+ list????

A 4-1 win. The scoreline didn't reflect Shrews persistence or our sloppiness at times (perhaps understandable due to the lack of preparation) but we got through to play Cardiff at home in the next round.

Kaide Gordon looks to be a star in the making, taking his goal with aplomb and becoming our youngest FA Cup scorer of all time. Well done lad. Fabinho with two goals (1 from the spot) and Bobby capping his cameo with a cheeky back heel completed the scoring. Fab gets my MoM.????

On 1/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, RickG16 said:

Why could it be a good move?

I know you probably have a nostalgic soft spot for Coutinho but do you honestly think Gerrard can turn this guy around? He's been <deleted> for years.

If Gerrard can, he is a seriously good manager.

99% of us don't have any soft spot for Coutinho, if it wasn't for him being sold half our title and CL winning spine may not have been bought. Glad he was a little toe rag in the end.

Still think he will boss it at Villa, great signing for them.  

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

99% of us don't have any soft spot for Coutinho, if it wasn't for him being sold half our title and CL winning spine may not have been bought. Glad he was a little toe rag in the end.

Still think he will boss it at Villa, great signing for them.

Let's see. Doubt he'll start tonight. 

Didn't stay up for last night ....probably just as well!  Very poor all round performance by all accounts. JK picked the most experienced XI as did Arsenal. Personally I would have mixed in a few of of the youngsters along with those who need game time following Covid issues. Loads of possession but really missed the AfCoN guys up front. Still....it's only half time as they say. ????

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Didn't stay up for last night ....probably just as well!  Very poor all round performance by all accounts. JK picked the most experienced XI as did Arsenal. Personally I would have mixed in a few of of the youngsters along with those who need game time following Covid issues. Loads of possession but really missed the AfCoN guys up front. Still....it's only half time as they say. ????

Looks like you better give Mo what he wants to renew his contract. You seem to miss him too much when he's gone

1 hour ago, wilai said:

Arsenal were missing Partey and Elneny, either of whom could have replaced Xhaka.

What's up with Origi? I would see him troubling the Arsenal back line. Drop Firminho back to midfield for Milner.

43 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Looks like you better give Mo what he wants to renew his contract. You seem to miss him too much when he's gone

Yep......I'm sure we will agree soon. After all, 400k pw (similar wages to KDB) would only cost 80mill over four years. A lot less than a replacement would cost. Mind you, after last night, his agent is probably asking for more now!.

34 minutes ago, champers said:

What's up with Origi? I would see him troubling the Arsenal back line. Drop Firminho back to midfield for Milner.

Origi has been injured for a few weeks apparently (not been specified strangely!). And yep, Jimmy M is finally beginning to look his age unfortunately. Don't like him and Hendo in the same mid. Would rather Jones gets a crack instead of Jimmy. And we do miss Thiago...although I am getting used to that now!????

So the gooners want the NLD called off? Bit cheeky after the slating we got for calling off the EFL game. Havent they just sold one player, loaned another out, and had a third banned for a red card. Now they apparently don't have enough players! And afaik, only one first teamer is actually covid +.

On 1/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, RickG16 said:

No I don't. I don't see how it can be a good move because he's <deleted>. 

It's like getting a battered Mercedes that's seen much better days on the cheap. It might have been a good car once, but it's not anymore.

Scored one and helped create another. All in 20 minutes....not a bad start for the lad????

Another three points and another 3 goals. Scoreline slightly flattered us I thought and was assisted by some comical Brentford defending. Very sloppy first half at the back but we improved all over the park as the game went on. Some decent stuff from Jones, TAA, Matip and particularly Fab who was my MoM. Good to see young Gordon get minutes and a pity he didn't put away his chance. Brentford look as though they will struggle during the remainder of the season and they have City and Chelsea in the next few weeks as well.

We're definitely missing the AfCoN lads (who now have four MoM's between them in the comp) but we're hanging on in there.????????

18 hours ago, wilai said:

Arsenal have loaned out another player......what are the odds they will have a shortage for Thursday?????

Getting ridiculous isn't it? I'm sure I heard/read yesterday that they only have one player out with covid related issues. The rest are players injured, away on AFCON or loaned out.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Getting ridiculous isn't it? I'm sure I heard/read yesterday that they only have one player out with covid related issues. The rest are players injured, away on AFCON or loaned out.

Some clubs are definitely taking advantage of Covid to ensure they only play when their top players are available....Burnley being one of them. Despite being covid ridden (allegedly), they managed to play their under 23s earlier this week and played a youth cup game today....yet failed to put out their first XI twice in the last week.

Out of more than 13.5 thousand tests in the last week, only 33 were positives, yet 4 games called off already. Not happening anywhere else in Europe.

Archived