Forum upgrade in progress! ×

The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Not really keen on seeing Gusto playing at left back,chalk and cheese when he is on the right. Poch could end up with copious amounts of Egg on face if Dortmund play Maatsen at left back where he should have been playing for us but Poch (when he used him)...played him everywhere else but.

Not bothered about Palmer missing 3 chances,he was in the right place to miss them. 2nd leg comes round quick enough so don,t have to wait long to hopefully put things right.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot harder than it should have been if we'd stuck our chances away. Total domination in the first half, with Gallagher, Enzo and Caicedo putting in a lot of effort and controlling the midfield. That took its toll in the last 15 minutes, when we were out on our feet and Fulham pushed for an equaliser. Petrovic didn't have much to do but brought off some decent stops when called upon. Sterling had one of his better games while Madueke was dangerous when he came on. On Poch's to do list...We must be more clinical with that final pass. A word on the legend that is Willian....class even now.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2024 at 12:44 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Not really keen on seeing Gusto playing at left back,chalk and cheese when he is on the right. Poch could end up with copious amounts of Egg on face if Dortmund play Maatsen at left back where he should have been playing for us but Poch (when he used him)...played him everywhere else but.

Not bothered about Palmer missing 3 chances,he was in the right place to miss them. 2nd leg comes round quick enough so don,t have to wait long to hopefully put things right.

Shock horror surprise... Not. Dortmund played Maatsen in his preferred LB position in both his starts and has come away with 2 motm performances ... 2 wins and 2 clean sheets... Get the Eggs out.

• Haha 1

Chilwell back making Colwill move to his preferred position was good. Disasi played well at RB. Good to see Chuky back as well. Only negative was Muddy,s performance.. Hence him being hooked at H/T. Don't think there will be many if any changes to the starting 11 on Friday night... (except for Muddy)?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Chilwell back making Colwill move to his preferred position was good. Disasi played well at RB. Good to see Chuky back as well. Only negative was Muddy,s performance.. Hence him being hooked at H/T. Don't think there will be many if any changes to the starting 11 on Friday night... (except for Muddy)?

Yep, poor ol' Mudryk had one of those nights when nothing goes right. Palmer, on the other hand.... Clinical in our finishing and the pressing on their defence was excellent.

• Like 1

I shall be glad when these late kick off games finish..getting up at 2.30 am is a real pita......just the 3 games left atm until April ..Liverpool then the replay against Villa (7th) then Palace (12th).

Apologies for derailing the thread from football, but??  Have a picture of the 1998/1999 first team squad with their signatures around the picture, plus a deflated 'Chelsea' football signed again by the players.

Bought at a charity dinner/auction same year when everybody were bidding thinking/hoping someone would bid more than you had just shouted out.

Unfortunately my bid were the last, being told I were a good sport and generous prevented me from Wailing and crying.  Is it worth anything to a Chelsea fan........ 

Take care.

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I shall be glad when these late kick off games finish..getting up at 2.30 am is a real pita......just the 3 games left atm until April ..Liverpool then the replay against Villa (7th) then Palace (12th).

Same here Keith. As I get older, the bed becomes more appealing.

• Haha 1

Thank gawd Norwich bore the brunt of the Klopp emotional roller coaster of tears, the wailing, impromptu Klopp songs and fist pumps before us! Hopefully, things might have settled down which will give us half a chance.

8 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Thank gawd Norwich bore the brunt of the Klopp emotional roller coaster of tears, the wailing, impromptu Klopp songs and fist pumps before us! Hopefully, things might have settled down which will give us half a chance.

Are you disabled?

28 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Never saw it...Thankfully. Hopefully Van dyke will have his work cut out tomorrow ..cue lots of finger pointing.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Weak.. I think would sum up our performance.. and the referees and var and Sterling and Bads and Chilwell.

Agreed. They were quicker to the ball and had more desire.

On 2/1/2024 at 6:13 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Weak.. I think would sum up our performance.. and the referees and var and Sterling and Bads and Chilwell.

I'm celebrating Poch's demise with a lovely curry in Penang tonight...and our win against Everton.

Chavtastic!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Once again, the Smoke meister has spoken toooooooo soon :cheesy:

If you ask me nicely I could remove that embarrassing post

Can't you just ban yourself?

Or better your dodgy club lol.

• Haha 1

After Boehly and co. came in a ripped the place apart, any thoughts that this wouldn't be a long term project, were quickly dispelled by the Liverpool game and then the calamity against Wolves yesterday. To throw together some expensive young starlets with no Premier League experience and expect to take the League by storm, was a pipedream, even with one of the best managers in the game at the helm. The Premier League is a relentless war of attrition, where you can't ease up for a second, which is exactly what we did yesterday, and have done before. What was the most worrying was how slow we are in midfield and on the flanks, and when you are that pedestrian, two touches is one touch too many.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oldgit said:

After Boehly and co. came in a ripped the place apart, any thoughts that this wouldn't be a long term project, were quickly dispelled by the Liverpool game and then the calamity against Wolves yesterday. To throw together some expensive young starlets with no Premier League experience and expect to take the League by storm, was a pipedream, even with one of the best managers in the game at the helm. The Premier League is a relentless war of attrition, where you can't ease up for a second, which is exactly what we did yesterday, and have done before. What was the most worrying was how slow we are in midfield and on the flanks, and when you are that pedestrian, two touches is one touch too many.

Our last 2 performances have just left me speechless.....

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Our last 2 performances have just left me speechless.....

Yeah, dithering on the ball which led to individual mistakes. Too many players caught too far up the pitch which left our centre backs exposed. The list goes on.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:20 AM, oldgit said:

Yeah, dithering on the ball which led to individual mistakes. Too many players caught too far up the pitch which left our centre backs exposed. The list goes on.

Hard to put a finger on why we've hit a brick wall. Thiago looked thoroughly fed up with life after scoring last game, then his missus posts a tweet saying there should be a change. He's taken his coaching badges, so he might fancy the job. I must admit we've looked very leggy the last two games, especially in the second half, which Keith has mentioned before. Is Poch. driving them too hard in training? Rumbles of discontent regarding his training methods. Did the end of the transfer window have anything to do with it? Maland Sarr was not best pleased when his loan deal fell through. He's been at the club for ages so, although he's a bit part player, he must have plenty of friends there to cry to. It'll be just typical of our season to go and turn Villa over tonight but I won't be watching it live, thankyou very much!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, oldgit said:

Hard to put a finger on why we've hit a brick wall. Thiago looked thoroughly fed up with life after scoring last game, then his missus posts a tweet saying there should be a change. He's taken his coaching badges, so he might fancy the job. I must admit we've looked very leggy the last two games, especially in the second half, which Keith has mentioned before. Is Poch. driving them too hard in training? Rumbles of discontent regarding his training methods. Did the end of the transfer window have anything to do with it? Maland Sarr was not best pleased when his loan deal fell through. He's been at the club for ages so, although he's a bit part player, he must have plenty of friends there to cry to. It'll be just typical of our season to go and turn Villa over tonight but I won't be watching it live, thankyou very much!

Yeah who,d have seen that result coming. Bit more bite in the performance than of late and more trust between the players...what pleased me most was seeing that cnut martinez  picking the ball out of his net 3 times :cheesy:..should have been more than that.

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Yeah who,d have seen that result coming. Bit more bite in the performance than of late and more trust between the players...what pleased me most was seeing that cnut martinez  picking the ball out of his net 3 times :cheesy:..should have been more than that.

Phew! Talk about Jekyll and Hyde. And what a blinding free kick by Enzo. To dampen the atmosphere slightly, this was a Cup game, which are notorious in not carrying over the form to the treadmill which is the Premier League. We'll know a lot more against Palace on Monday. What it will do is give the players a much needed lift in confidence. Regarding the game, it was interesting to see Gallagher and Palmer play a prominent role in pressing their defence while Jackson hung back in midfield. Things will change if Poch. decides to put Nkunku and Jackson in a front two.

I don't know what that first half was all about. A million passes without getting anywhere. Far too cautious in our approach with no one taking the ball by the horns. Much more proactive in the second half with Nkunku coming on and Palmer switching out wide. He and Gusto linked up very well. and were a constant threat.  Sterling provided the pace on the other flank, when he came on. Good to see Conor get a couple. City next at their place, so we'll be the team looking to frustrate and then counter. As good as Thiago is, I would like to see Disasi and Colwill in central defence,because we need pace all over the pitch in this game. Can't wait!

On 2/13/2024 at 1:23 PM, oldgit said:

I don't know what that first half was all about. A million passes without getting anywhere. Far too cautious in our approach with no one taking the ball by the horns. Much more proactive in the second half with Nkunku coming on and Palmer switching out wide. He and Gusto linked up very well. and were a constant threat.  Sterling provided the pace on the other flank, when he came on. Good to see Conor get a couple. City next at their place, so we'll be the team looking to frustrate and then counter. As good as Thiago is, I would like to see Disasi and Colwill in central defence,because we need pace all over the pitch in this game. Can't wait!

Yes Og the 1st half was a painful watch (especially at that hour)up in Chaiyaphum in the village so little chance of any sleep until mid morning. Some players are just so inconsistent,Gusto was garbage against Wolves yet both the Villa and Palace games he comes alive,same for Disasi as well. Both Caicedo and Enzo still chuck in at least 2 suicide passes to each other every single game...numpties. Madueke was far too clumsy for there goal. What i do like is Petrovic...unlike Sanchez he does not kick the ball straight to the opposition...maybe Sanchez is colour blind?:dry:

Kovacic will start for City and will be constantly robbed of possession by both Conor and Caicedo.....cant see us losing this one...been wrong before though :cool:

• Thumbs Up 1