The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

The transfer window is out of the way, the international break is upon us before away to Bournemouth on the 17th. A handy couple of weeks for some new players to get integrated in the squad and get to know what Poch. wants of them. Also some important players will return after injury. We needed this after the mess up we made of the Forest game. Some players like Enzo and Caceido will be travelling half way around the globe, so might not start against Bournemouth, but we've got plenty of options in midfield to begin with. It should be an fairly open game against Bournemouth so, a bit more room for our attacking players to move around in, unlike the Forest forest! Madueke has to start.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 12:28 PM, oldgit said:

The transfer window is out of the way, the international break is upon us before away to Bournemouth on the 17th. A handy couple of weeks for some new players to get integrated in the squad and get to know what Poch. wants of them. Also some important players will return after injury. We needed this after the mess up we made of the Forest game. Some players like Enzo and Caceido will be travelling half way around the globe, so might not start against Bournemouth, but we've got plenty of options in midfield to begin with. It should be an fairly open game against Bournemouth so, a bit more room for our attacking players to move around in, unlike the Forest forest! Madueke has to start.

Yep loads of options including the keeping department,though i do prefer that Sanchez is not rooted to his goaline on corners like Kepa was. Gutted by the Forest defeat as we gifted them there goal then had the same possession as against West ham 76% and did sweet fa with it.

Little things can change matches..for me Enzo,s missed penalty put him on the naughty step and sent him into his shell..and Jackson getting carded for wanting a card against there bloke,seemed to affect him in the same way. Still overall we are a lot more watchable than we were for the majority of last year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2023 at 3:52 PM, owl sees all said:

The Blues are in a transition phase. If they can finish mid-table they will have done OK.

Look forward to next season.

Mid table will not be good enough...top 6 (or should i say 6th) on the other hand would keep everyone happy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Mid table will not be good enough...top 6 (or should i say 6th) on the other hand would keep everyone happy.

Top 6 is possible of course. But are there a couple of unfancyied teams that could get into the top half dozen.

The Seagulls have raced way. The Irons done them 1-3 away, in what I thought was a shock result. So should we count them? Are The Geordies a spent force? A one season wonder! Who else? Just the usual lot.

So it's City then Pool, then???

Just can't see United getting there.

Edited by owl sees all

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Top 6 is possible of course. But are there a couple of unfancyied teams that could get into the top half dozen.

The Seagulls have raced way. The Irons done them 1-3 away, in what I thought was a shock result. So should we count them? Are The Geordies a spent force? A one season wonder! Who else? Just the usual lot.

So it's City then Pool, then???

Just can't see United getting there.

Good points Osa.....personally i think it depends whether this years European football contestants give there all to there respective Euro Comps ..West ham Newcastle Brighton and Man U...have they got the squads to be competitive in both comps?? I will already concede 3/4 places to City Pool and the Arse...possibly Totts as well....leaving just 2 spots up for grabs imho.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kevinbraysford said:

your s?it and you know you are your s?it and you know you are.555555555555

Not one of the more constructive posts on here.

I think mid-table, Keith says a possible top 6. But we will see.

On 9/7/2023 at 5:18 PM, keithsimmonds said:

I,d like Poch to be more assertive and ditch Chilly as Captain (or vIce)bloke has not seen out 90 mins any of the 4 prem games so far. Should be Thiago or Enzo and that,s it.

I agree. He was never good enough to nail down a regular place so shouldn't be made vice captain. Thiago would have been my choice for this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/7/2023 at 6:16 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Good points Osa.....personally i think it depends whether this years European football contestants give there all to there respective Euro Comps ..West ham Newcastle Brighton and Man U...have they got the squads to be competitive in both comps?? I will already concede 3/4 places to City Pool and the Arse...possibly Totts as well....leaving just 2 spots up for grabs imho.

West Ham have hit the ground running and are ultra confident now. Antonio is a beast but, I reckon their days are numbered and will finish outside the top 6, which won't please Mr. 555555. Their midfield is as slow as me (correction...I am quicker than Ward -Slouch) and isn't good enough, especially that Rice has now gone and the chance that Paqueta will disappear in January, plus their wing backs are dodgy.

• Like 1

Injuries are not looking too good atm...some maybe back for the Bournemouth game...but i doubt very much we will see W.Fofana Lavia Nkunku or Chuky this Year.

Broja coming back soon will be interesting,him and Jackson would press the life out of any back  3/4 imo ...but will poch play both ?

Edited by keithsimmonds

On 9/10/2023 at 12:13 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Injuries are not looking too good atm...some maybe back for the Bournemouth game...but i doubt very much we will see W.Fofana Lavia Nkunku or Chuky this Year.

Broja coming back soon will be interesting,him and Jackson would press the life out of any back  3/4 imo ...but will poch play both ?

In certain circumstances, yes mate, but that all depends on how Broja returns. He's been away a hell of a long time but, back to his best, he would frighten the life out of central defenders with Jackson doing the 'Nkunku' role. What a kick in the b^&%$ks that is not having him in the team.

On 9/11/2023 at 4:10 PM, oldgit said:

In certain circumstances, yes mate, but that all depends on how Broja returns. He's been away a hell of a long time but, back to his best, he would frighten the life out of central defenders with Jackson doing the 'Nkunku' role. What a kick in the b^&%$ks that is not having him in the team.

Yeah that sucks as i thought he (Nkuku) was enjoying himself. Overall i am happy with the performances but obviously not the results.

Stats are not all they are cracked up to be,we are currently number 1 for possession..number 1 for passes completed and number1 for missed chances (11 so far) turn that into goals and we will be fine.

We have lost 2 games and at no point in any of the 4 games played so far have we been outplayed or deserved to lose imo......but then again my glass will always be half full...or just empty.????

• Thumbs Up 1

My glass is now broken as i lob it at the tv...what a pile of crap that was..indecision after indecision or poor decision after poor decision.

Thiago is moving to Pattaya next year and has already signed up for the local "Walking football Team"

Could go on for ages about that game but won,t as it just spoils yet another day...thank goodness for Sanchez as he is half decent.

37 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

My glass is now broken as i lob it at the tv...what a pile of crap that was..indecision after indecision or poor decision after poor decision.

Thiago is moving to Pattaya next year and has already signed up for the local "Walking football Team"

Could go on for ages about that game but won,t as it just spoils yet another day...thank goodness for Sanchez as he is half decent.

Yeah, the honeymoon period is over for these new players. Jackson needs to grow a pair and man up to the physicality of the Premier League. It's no good crying to the ref. when a defender gets aggressive. A couple of times that happened with others in the team, complaining instead of maintaining concentration and getting on with the game. Gusto needs to practice more on crossing the ball. All in all, another game and another opportunity missed where we should have got all three points. 

• Like 1

Pi** poor performance by the referee, who was just way out of his depth in his decision making. He should have booked that cnut Martinez in the 1st half for time waisting on every opportunity he had .. but he didn't, as they cnut waisted time on all his kicks from goal except when he dicides to quickly kick it at Jackson deliberately getting him booked... That cnut Martinez should have been booked for ungentlemanly conduct. Imo.

We actually looked better going down to 10 men ????

• Haha 1

100 per cent Boehly and Co.'s fault that we find ourselves in the mess we are in now. 3 months after taking over, they sack a manager, who had won the Champions League and the Club World Cup the previous season, because he was a "nightmare" to deal with (a diddums), then looked to the South to fashion the new generation, because 'Everything in Brighton is wonderful,' thereby ripping the asre out of the club. They've given Pocchetino a helluva job to turn things around. This IS a long term project and Pocchetino is exactly the right man for the job, even if it means languishing in the bottom half of the table for a few seasons. Patience and confidence are key now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldgit said:

100 per cent Boehly and Co.'s fault that we find ourselves in the mess we are in now. 3 months after taking over, they sack a manager, who had won the Champions League and the Club World Cup the previous season, because he was a "nightmare" to deal with (a diddums), then looked to the South to fashion the new generation, because 'Everything in Brighton is wonderful,' thereby ripping the asre out of the club. They've given Pocchetino a helluva job to turn things around. This IS a long term project and Pocchetino is exactly the right man for the job, even if it means languishing in the bottom half of the table for a few seasons. Patience and confidence are key now.

Indeed!

I have to give credit ti Blue fans. They are nor fooling themselves. It's a rebuild.

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Pi** poor performance by the referee, who was just way out of his depth in his decision making. He should have booked that cnut Martinez in the 1st half for time waisting on every opportunity he had .. but he didn't, as they cnut waisted time on all his kicks from goal except when he dicides to quickly kick it at Jackson deliberately getting him booked... That cnut Martinez should have been booked for ungentlemanly conduct. Imo.

Yep, diabolical performance by the ref. I don't even think it was a red. Saying all this, we should have wrapped the game up with the three one- on-ones we had. What's wrong with chipping the goalkeeper instead of trying to roll it under his body? Clapham Common style finishing. 

A chance for Poch. to shuffle the pack against our 'role models' on Wednesday. Thiago won't play, neither will Jackson and Gusto. I would also rest Enzo because he hasn't looked half as effective since returning from the World Cup play offs. Play Colwill centrally in defence. Palmer should definitely start this game or/and  against Fulham. He's been impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yep, diabolical performance by the ref. I don't even think it was a red. Saying all this, we should have wrapped the game up with the three one- on-ones we had. What's wrong with chipping the goalkeeper instead of trying to roll it under his body? Clapham Common style finishing. 

A chance for Poch. to shuffle the pack against our 'role models' on Wednesday. Thiago won't play, neither will Jackson and Gusto. I would also rest Enzo because he hasn't looked half as effective since returning from the World Cup play offs. Play Colwill centrally in defence. Palmer should definitely start this game or/and  against Fulham. He's been impressive.

Think Maatsen should play as well on Wednesday. If the coaching staff and players are as angry as i am then hopefully they will show it from now on.

We should sell Callum Hudson Odoi to Bayern Munich for 40 million....oops delete that.????

46 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Think Maatsen should play as well on Wednesday. If the coaching staff and players are as angry as i am then hopefully they will show it from now on.

We should sell Callum Hudson Odoi to Bayern Munich for 40 million....oops delete that.????

You watch Keith, when Hudson -Odoi scores his first goal for Forest. "Why did we sell him?" will scream the after-timing Tik Toker generation. Exactly the same happened when Lukaku, Giroud and Pulisic scored.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Whine, whine, whine.

Forget your issues with Martinez, that can't cover the fact your bunch of over priced prima donnas just can't get the ball in the net, but Villa could. 

UTV.

Edited by Stocky

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

Whine, whine, whine.

Forget your issues with Martinez, that can't cover the fact your bunch of over priced prima donnas just can't get the ball in the net, but Villa could. 

UTV.

I don,t have issues with Martinez...he is just a time wasting sneaky cnut.

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

I think he is in it for the money..(sell on value for young talent)...there was no need to buy Cole Palmer .for instance.....didn,t need him at all and why Poch sanctioned that move (if he did?) i don,t know.... Cole Palmer is a very talented lad along with the potentially 15/20 other talented lads we have,and at 40million he could be an absolute snip...my guess he wont be with us in 3 years time...or less.?

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

I think he is in it for the money..(sell on value for young talent)...there was no need to buy Cole Palmer .for instance.....didn,t need him at all and why Poch sanctioned that move (if he did?) i don,t know.... Cole Palmer is a very talented lad along with the potentially 15/20 other talented lads we have,and at 40million he could be an absolute snip...my guess he wont be with us in 3 years time...or less.?

Palmer came to Chelsea mainly because of Pocchetino's 'plan and vision of the future of the club'. He also knows Madueke and Colwill through the England Under 21 team so, they must have been waxing lyrical about Poch. as well. I like Palmer because he's strong on the ball, intelligent (a rare commodity with young players nowadays), finds space and can pick a pass. Guardiola was said to be distraught when he decided to go. Now, if Pocchetino would go, I don't think he would want to hang around too long either.

Boehly is a typical brash, I do it my way, self made millionaire who think that he knows everything about anything. Enticing the best young talent in world football to our club, with 7 and 8 year contracts, was very clever. The problem is, he's impatient. He talked about the long term but, as soon as things start to go awry he panics. He can't be allowed to get involved in on field matters as he did with Potter. I've a feeling that Pocchetino laid the law down as a proviso for taking the job, hence the short contract as cover with an option to extend.