The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

23 hours ago, oldgit said:

It looks like the world and his wife is after Caicedo, which is why Brighton are milking it but, at 100 million pounds? It's not my money so I couldn't care f*&^ but I think Lavia at 19 years old, huge potential and half the price represents better value.

I've noticed a lot of the tabloid judges say that Kovacic going to City is a replacement for Gundogan! A completely different type of midfielder in my opinion. More dynamic in central midfield but isn't as good at passing as Gundogan and doesn't score as many.

Kovacic does n,t score the goals or provides the assists and holds on to the ball for far too long...30mil was probably about right.......chalk and cheese him and Gundo.

Best Chelsea can do to get Caicedo is offer 80mil plus another30mil in unrealistic add-ons...but like you Og it aint my money so i don,t care.

There was and is far too much competition at the club for both Mount and Havertz....who obviously both thought that they should start every week..which probably wouldn,t be the case here. Champions league football is only guaranteed for one season....atm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was far from a friendly,a fiercely competitive game and a great watch imho. We played much better than in the Wrexham game.Not really sure where Connor,s best position is...leave that to Pochy. 

As it stands we are probably going to have one of the youngest ever squads for this coming season...should be fun.

Thursday,s game 7.15am kick off v Newcastle will again be anything but a friendly....should be a good watch.

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well that was far from a friendly,a fiercely competitive game and a great watch imho. We played much better than in the Wrexham game.Not really sure where Connor,s best position is...leave that to Pochy. 

As it stands we are probably going to have one of the youngest ever squads for this coming season...should be fun.

Thursday,s game 7.15am kick off v Newcastle will again be anything but a friendly....should be a good watch.

Is that on True Vision Keith? Yeah, without Thiago in the squad, the average age would be embarrassing! Just graduating from nappie stage, some of 'em.

11 hours ago, oldgit said:

Is that on True Vision Keith? Yeah, without Thiago in the squad, the average age would be embarrassing! Just graduating from nappie stage, some of 'em.

Sky sports Premier league and Main Event ...also Optus sports etc etc

On 7/23/2023 at 10:56 AM, keithsimmonds said:

Looks like Connors best position is going to be  at......West ham or Totts

Should not do Brighton any favours by signing Sanchez... If we are in the market for another keeper should get Raya from Brentford instead imo.

Still wouldn, t be surprised to see Colwill sold in exchange for Caicedo

Pochy has done a good job so far in just about 30days.. Putting together a squad/team from a mixture of regulars plus new signings, players back from loan spells and players graduating from the development squad.

I would n, t mind seeing the back of Sterling, he does nothing for me.

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Should not do Brighton any favours by signing Sanchez... If we are in the market for another keeper should get Raya from Brentford instead imo.

Still wouldn, t be surprised to see Colwill sold in exchange for Caicedo

Pochy has done a good job so far in just about 30days.. Putting together a squad/team from a mixture of regulars plus new signings, players back from loan spells and players graduating from the development squad.

I would n, t mind seeing the back of Sterling, he does nothing for me.

Sterling was good at City. Explosive, off- the- blocks pace and bravery to take a player on. I haven't seen him do anything similar since he came here. He's playing in his comfort zone which is no good to us.

Yeah, Pocchetino has done an excellent job in such a short space of time. He's added some much needed pace in midfield and attack with young players who are willing to fight for a place in the team. The kids coming into defence have also looked good.

A good performance against a strong, confident Dortmund side. Lots of effort from the team that have a togetherness to compete for every ball. I liked the way we passed out of defence, with Enzo and Connor always offering themselves for progression to the wing backs and forwards. Pocchetino is putting his stamp on this group, who have that wide eyed enthusiasm about them. After their offside goal, I was looking for a reaction and we certainly got that.

Yep probably the best team performance by far...cant fault anyone (though a better Keeper would be nice )Pleased for Conor as that was a very consistent and positive performance,best i have seen from him in a Chelsea shirt. Chuky was also very very good. Jackson is going to be a handful,a very physical player with great upper body strength good feet and great pace.

26 players in total for that game... players to come back in ...Bads Fofana Broja and Maduke.......5 or even 6 of those 26 will be loaned out/stay in the under 21,s ..or sold,along with Sarr Ziyech Hudson Odoi and Lukaku.

• 2 weeks later...

A dodgy opening period where we looked edgy, tentative and a hairs breadth away from going 2-0 down. The fact that we escaped added new impetus and the team moved the ball around with renewed confidence. Another draw against Liverpool but a promising performance, especially in the second half where we controlled the game. My man of the match was Enzo. An interesting battle for dominance in midfield with McAllister who is also top class. Sterling put in a shift for once although, by the 70th. minute, he could hardly walk. Yes, good reasons to be optimistic for the rest of the season.

Disappointments for me were 4 fold ....Drury Neville Carragher and Taylor...mute button works for 3 of them. Loved the way Neville wrote us off after 3 minutes...and if anyone wonders why Caicedo chose us over Liverpool then the sound of Carraghers voice trying to sound extra manly should answer any of those questions.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Disappointments for me were 4 fold ....Drury Neville Carragher and Taylor...mute button works for 3 of them. Loved the way Neville wrote us off after 3 minutes...and if anyone wonders why Caicedo chose us over Liverpool then the sound of Carraghers voice trying to sound extra manly should answer any of those questions.

Drury thinks he's the Oscar Wilde of sports commentators, waxing lyrical at every opportunity.

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

Says a lot about Pochettino that these young, much wanted footballers are choosing Chelsea rather than Liverpool.

Says as much about Klopp as well..(Salah looked happy on Sunday)...bigger picture for me says that both Brighton and Southampton are an hour away from Cobham and no need for either player to up sticks and move ....chuck in the scouse accent and it,s a no brainer.

21 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Neville fears for us should James and Chilwell be out for any long periods of time... Well I don't... We have ample back up for both em. Imo

James is top of the tree but, as you say Keith, Gusto is a more than adequate back up. Cucerella and Hall are quicker than Chilwell. Either will step in seamlessly.

If i was Poch i would have had Enzo as Captain followed by Thiago as Vice...after that Connor if he stays ...both Chilwell and Reece would be a lot lower in my pecking order.

What surprised me on Sunday was that neither Santos, Hall or Casadei were on the bench..though both the latter are listed in the under 21,s...along with Richard Olise (who could challenge Reece one day)...... younger brother of the Palace guy.

An annoying, frustrating game against a team that were organised and packed their midfield. A harsh lesson to be learned for our inexperienced defence, that in the Premier League, you get your tackles in early rather than shadow playing and dangling a foot out when it's too late. Also, far too languid in in our attacking intent. We've got bundles of pace in the team now, so use it. By far the best display by Sterling since he's been at the club.

A game of 2 halves...on the front foot and attacking with pace in the 1st half totally pedestrian in the 2nd. Think Enzo,s penalty miss really affected him as he went into his shell for the remainder of the match.

1st goal conceded was shocking given that we defended an identical corner only minutes earlier.Antonio got the rub of green with Colwill for there second but his shot was far too good for Sanchez.

Must have a positive performance and result on Friday.

A must win game against relegation candidates, even this early in the season. Sterling is hitting his straps now and playing with confidence. Caicedo fell over a few times but got better as the game wore on. Enzo and Connor were good again against a nippy, pressing midfield. All in all, hands and heels performance. I particularly like the work rate and pace of Jackson.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

A must win game against relegation candidates, even this early in the season. Sterling is hitting his straps now and playing with confidence. Caicedo fell over a few times but got better as the game wore on. Enzo and Connor were good again against a nippy, pressing midfield. All in all, hands and heels performance. I particularly like the work rate and pace of Jackson.

The scoreline suggests a comfortable win. The BBC report says the score flattered the Blues. Not seen ant highlights as yet.

I wouldn't write off Luton. although much depends on their home form. Can't see much joy away from home for them.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Jackson is a real handful,that,s 3 games on the trot where he has bullied harassed and won nearly all of his duels against opposition defenders and last night was rewarded with his goal..right time right place. He could be the best striker (imho) we have had since Drogba...just got to stay fit and healthy.

Caicedo looks like he has been at the club since birth..big money signing full home debut..passed with flying colours.(but it was only Luton).

Someone who rarely posts on here said in May last year that it was "fanciful" to think that Colwill could replace Rudiger...... ????

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The scoreline suggests a comfortable win. The BBC report says the score flattered the Blues. Not seen ant highlights as yet.

I wouldn't write off Luton. although much depends on their home form. Can't see much joy away from home for them.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Jackson is a real handful,that,s 3 games on the trot where he has bullied harassed and won nearly all of his duels against opposition defenders and last night was rewarded with his goal..right time right place. He could be the best striker (imho) we have had since Drogba...just got to stay fit and healthy.

Caicedo looks like he has been at the club since birth..big money signing full home debut..passed with flying colours.(but it was only Luton).

Someone who rarely posts on here said in May last year that it was "fanciful" to think that Colwill could replace Rudiger...... ????

Yeah, Colwill is a cool customer on the ball. He can only get better learning from the Master next to him. 

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Luton weren't too bad. I think their problem is, they've got two or three players that are not Premier League class. Their midfield and wing backs are decent and they've got a centre forward who's as tall as a block of flats. Big danger at set pieces.

Cole Palmer just arrived, who I like a lot, some outgoings on loan and permanent deals, and that's us done and dusted for this transfer window. The squad is unrecognisable from the one last season, with the average age down to about 12. I'm sure Pocchetino buses them back to school after training.  I will not be amused if Cucerella is loaned to United, especially after Lewis Hall went to Newcastle.

More than a fair swop....Kovacic for Palmer.  Cant see Cucu going anywhere. Conor might if the mob from North London can come up with 50mil...but i doubt it.

Getting Cho off the payroll will be good. Just need Mudryk to see a sports psychiatrist.... or just sell him to Arsenal.????

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

More than a fair swop....Kovacic for Palmer.  Cant see Cucu going anywhere. Conor might if the mob from North London can come up with 50mil...but i doubt it.

Getting Cho off the payroll will be good. Just need Mudryk to see a sports psychiatrist.... or just sell him to Arsenal.????

I'd definitely prefer for him to see a psychiatrist Keith!

Archived