The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

46 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Shame on you BM, I thought I was the only lazy <deleted> on this thread.

The thing that struck me about the lads coming through from our Academy is, they can all play football and have pace and acceleration. The exception pace wise is Billy Gilmour, from what little I've seen of him though, but he's still very young and will get stronger. It was nice to see Reece James putting in an old fashioned slide tackle or two though. For this eventuality, we have Jody and the succession of Academy coaches to thank.

The game itself was a very good win, in a cauldron of a stadium against a quick and skillful outfit. The youngsters would have grown up and learnt a lot from this experience.

And to think we used to have to queue up all night for tickets back in the day - and had fun doing it. I guess we might have been a bit younger then!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm with you there.

Got up to watch us vs Zagreb. Spent ages trying to find a free livestream. Failed. Went back to bed. Couldn't sleep thinking about the game. Suddenly remembered i had Mobdro. Out of bed again to watch on Mobdro feeling annoyed  that with a sleepy head i hadn't thought of that earlier. Missed big chunk of the game. Watching on my phone most unsatisfactory. Wish Truevisions had the CL like in previous  seasons.

Android box?

13 minutes ago, deej said:

To introduce myself to the 

Chelsea F.C. thread????

my first post is all Lamps.

We have a very astute manager  in our ranks .I beleive a IQ of 140 north

and his pedigree is Top Draw.

His handling of David Luiz Transfer to Arsenal had all the hall marks of the greatest manager .of all times .Sir Alex Ferguson.

Lamps and his Babes will secure a top. 4 CL place.

this season  have absoulately no doubt about that

Deej

Welcome to the footy team daej.

I knew Frank, and his family, through his sister Claire who was a swimmer. My children swam at the same club. Lovely family.

Top 4 is a bit optimistic, but all the same possible, while the other biggies are sputtering.

Can't separate the top two but I fancy Leicester will be up there.

Who else? Who knows! I fancied Everton to do something this season but they are awful at the mo'.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

While last night's game didn't start with the same tempo and intent as the Brighton game it was another decent performance and result, with a couple of cracking goals. Great passing and movement for the last goal and nice to see Jorginho contribute with an eye for a key pass and quick movement of the ball that was so lacking last season. When two players come off the bench and create a goal of the quality of our fourth we know things are looking up.

One thought that crossed my mind was where will RLC fit in once fit, there certainly will be genuine competition for places in midfield. If we keep in the cups for a while there will be plenty of matches to rest and rotate but they'll all be wanting to start in the big games so who would make up your prefered midfield assuming they're all fit and on form?

Me? I'll just sit on the fence and just go with whoever SFL selects.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Why not,

Lamp.s is doing a excellent work . with the squad to this point of time

Sit back and enjoy

Lamps Babe.s playing easy on the eye football.

So refreshing from  previous seasons  

Go Lamps  Babe.s

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

While last night's game didn't start with the same tempo and intent as the Brighton game it was another decent performance and result, with a couple of cracking goals. Great passing and movement for the last goal and nice to see Jorginho contribute with an eye for a key pass and quick movement of the ball that was so lacking last season. When two players come off the bench and create a goal of the quality of our fourth we know things are looking up.

One thought that crossed my mind was where will RLC fit in once fit, there certainly will be genuine competition for places in midfield. If we keep in the cups for a while there will be plenty of matches to rest and rotate but they'll all be wanting to start in the big games so who would make up your prefered midfield assuming they're all fit and on form?

I wonder what he'd be like at left back or in goal?

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:54 AM, Blue Muton said:

I haven,t got the arrsse for sitting on a fence......no place for Barkley or Pedro...either in the starting line up or on the bench. imho

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I haven,t got the arrsse for sitting on a fence......no place for Barkley or Pedro...either in the starting line up or on the bench. imho????

Oh My ☺️ ^^^^

Very handy footballers on their day. particular Pedro

And bring vast experience to  the  Chelsea Babes . which will be needed in due course.

Relax. Lamps is coping extremely well????

and enjoy the Chelsea Babes ride  

Go The  Chelsea Babe.s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

I haven,t got the arrsse for sitting on a fence......no place for Barkley or Pedro...either in the starting line up or on the bench. imho

That still leaves Kante, Jorginho, Mount, RLC, Kovacic, Pulisisc and Gilmour fighting for three or four positions, depending on the formation. You're still at risk of picking up a splinter or two, Keith.

• Like 1

I know Pulisic provided the assist to Batshuiyi but apart from that I was less than impressed. Although few minutes were awarded to him. Frank has been heavily criticised on SM for not giving him enough game time but if he’s not proving himself in training he’ll struggle to get in the team, simple really.

Thank ferk we’re not relying on him in light of resent departures. He was seen by many as a stand in apprentice for EH. Thankfully others have stepped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

That still leaves Kante, Jorginho, Mount, RLC, Kovacic, Pulisisc and Gilmour fighting for three or four positions, depending on the formation

Lamps will relish the above

position .

Perhaps 8 players completing for 4 positions.

Firing wild  bulletts at Pedro/Barkely  at this early stage of Chelsea Babes season. is Plain Dumb. 

Lamps will map out a plan.

who is to play or stay with Chelsea F.C 

but his gun will remain in his holster until the next right target appears

David Luiz was first.

more to follow.

But not on pure whim

Go the Chelsea Babes

Edited by deej
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Should.... Addji Keaninkin Marc-Israel Guehi come on from the bench today, then i think the name "Bob" should suffice. Personally i have seen the lad a few times and imho he is most competent individual.  Like many of our youngsters he has more Internationals games under his belt than 1st Team appearances, but thankfully the transfer ban and under Franks leadership all that is changing.

• Like 1

Well done to Frank and the boys for sticking at it, we got the win we deserved for that never say die attitude in the 2nd half. Boy does Kovacic know how to tackle....my motm for his relentless tackles, breaking up there play and starting ours.....well done son.

Good subs by Frank imo:thumbsup:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah,  Overall, a bit of a cagey first half with Newcastle sitting back and looking to counter, so our approach play was careful and slow. The second half, we were more positive and upped the tempo in midfield and attack, so chances to score materialised. I agree Keith, Kovacic was outstanding, not only in his closing down but driving forward. If only the <deleted> would take a shot on more often instead of laying the ball off! Alonso got the goal but was his usual slow, ponderous self otherwise. I was impressed with Hudson -Odoi. Yedlin is one of the quickest full backs in the League, so before the game, I was looking forward to this match up. Hudson -Odoi did him for trickery, acceleration and pace numerous times showing what a great talent he is. 

Pulisic could also be a little guilty of not pulling the trigger,but he is still finding his feet,and was very good for the minutes he got. We have come a long way in such a short space of time,given that 5/6 of that team yesterday were not playing for us last year.

I must say Willian although he still disappoints a little at times his tracking back and pressing and not giving up a lost cause is a credit to him...long may it continue.

Next 2 tough games in the space of 4 days for us both away (thought you were not supposed to play away in the Epl after an away game in Champions League??). Ajax top of there league and unbeaten in 12 games,then the physical encounter with a fully rested Burnley....could not play 2 more different teams imo.

• Like 2

Lamps and his Babe.s are coming together

with their first  clean sheet of the season (from memory) Nice to see  Alonso score

and Willian putting in a nice performance 

Appears to me that both players.are playing to their best  .under Lamps  

Edited by deej
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, deej said:

Lamps and his Babe.s are coming together

with their first  clean sheet of the season (from memory) Nice to see  Alonso score

and Willian putting in a nice performance 

Appears to me that both players.are playing to their best  .under Lamps  

I reckon Liverpool are pleased they played Chelsea early on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Perhaps so Owl

Feel strongly that The Babe.s deserved a point against Lpool  in that game .which was a cracker .

Lpool are playing attractive football to watch. 

Lamps is handling the first part of the season like a old pro in managermment

Contrary to posts on this thread the Golden Oldies are all finding another gear

under Lamps

Go The Chelsea Babes

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

If Liverpool would be "pleased" I wonder what Man U are feeling about our game?

On that note, the gobby **** who predicted they would thrash us, I wonder if he predicted how many points behind us they'd be just a couple of months later?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1