The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice headache for Frank & Jody this weekend.....recall Dave and Drop Reece?? Personally i hope not.

Bring Jorginho back in to play with Kovacic and Kante......unlikely....cos then he would have to drop one of Willian Mount or Pulisic (if fit).......nice problem to have.

One thing is for sure......the bench will be powerful.

Oh and a big thanks to Mou for making my day i have never laughed so much in all my life :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Please let Carmine come back under any name/avatar he chooses just to remind us what a "vile odoius poisonous ***t" his new Manager is (i think those were his exact words......once.

"Heaven or Hell"...not for me totally and utterly thucccked....2023?? Is that nearly half 8??

19 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Nice headache for Frank & Jody this weekend.....recall Dave and Drop Reece?? Personally i hope not.

Bring Jorginho back in to play with Kovacic and Kante......unlikely....cos then he would have to drop one of Willian Mount or Pulisic (if fit).......nice problem to have.

One thing is for sure......the bench will be powerful.

I'd much prefer Reece to be up against Sterling. More pace and won't back peddle while Sterling is 'on the hoof' (one of the great Bill McClaren's favourite quotes). Emerson or Azpilicueta will have to contend with Mahrez as B.Silva is banned. I think it will be a given that City will dominate possession so, Kante and Kovacic's energy and pace must be utilized from the start. Jorginho's in his best form for Chelsea and must play. I'll leave the attacking line up to Frank! I'd quite like Batshuayi to start as he's looked very sharp and lively when he comes on. The bloody goalkeeper owes us a big game though.

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

I'd much prefer Reece to be up against Sterling. More pace and won't back peddle while Sterling is 'on the hoof' (one of the great Bill McClaren's favourite quotes). Emerson or Azpilicueta will have to contend with Mahrez as B.Silva is banned. I think it will be a given that City will dominate possession so, Kante and Kovacic's energy and pace must be utilized from the start. Jorginho's in his best form for Chelsea and must play. I'll leave the attacking line up to Frank! I'd quite like Batshuayi to start as he's looked very sharp and lively when he comes on. The bloody goalkeeper owes us a big game though.

Yes Og ,Kepa has been a bit clumsy lately,and definitely owes us one. I think we will hold our own possession wise,they have not got any ball winners in there team imo ...well nothing compared to Kante Kovacic or Jorginho. We just have to be clinical.

Now our keeper .Kepa.

is your next  fall guy and on your hit list???? only a couple EPL matchs back in the dying seconds. a  brilliant tip around his left hand post saved us 2 valuable points Surely no Peter Czek (but his class only come along  now and then)

Who.s next on your hit list????

7 minutes ago, deej said:

Now our keeper .Kepa.

is your next  fall guy and on your hit list???? only a couple EPL matchs back in the dying seconds. a  brilliant tip around his left hand post saved us 2 valuable points Surely no Peter Czek (but his class only come along  now and then)

Who.s next on your hit list????

You.

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Ballsie line up from Frank.Dave has to be on his game and both Pulisic and Willian will have to bust a gut.Mount must be gutted,but he can make an impact from the bench if needed same goes for Reece and Bats. Should be a belter.

Cotc

Yeah, it turned out to be a game of quality with City edging it because they kept their error level to a bare minimum. Frank made the right substitutions at the correct time, bringing on Reece for Emerson (disappointing from him as he didn't do enough going forward and was lazy when Mahrez scored). Kante was our man of the match with Kovacic not far behind. Azpilicueta did well to keep Sterling quiet. Kepa did very little to convince me that he's the long term answer to the goalkeeping position. I watched Matty Ryan of Brighton before and he's different class to that log of wood.

Emerson didn,t look right to me,the pace he showed against Man u 1st game of season was clearly missing last night,maybe just not fully fit yet. Big shame that both there goals came from mis-placed passes from the hard working duo of Kova and Jorgi. Bats showed me why he aint 1st choice....you cant come on for 15 minutes and be offside 3 times,plus poor control once and bad hold up play once..not easy coming on and chasing but he has to do better. Boy can Reece cross a ball,gonna be a regular starter very soon imo.Overall got to be very pleased despite not winning. Now we must get a draw at least in Valencia to qualify for Cl knock out stage.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Emerson didn,t look right to me,the pace he showed against Man u 1st game of season was clearly missing last night,maybe just not fully fit yet. Big shame that both there goals came from mis-placed passes from the hard working duo of Kova and Jorgi. Bats showed me why he aint 1st choice....you cant come on for 15 minutes and be offside 3 times,plus poor control once and bad hold up play once..not easy coming on and chasing but he has to do better. Boy can Reece cross a ball,gonna be a regular starter very soon imo.Overall got to be very pleased despite not winning. Now we must get a draw at least in Valencia to qualify for Cl knock out stage.

Could be mate. He was no where near the form he was in, early part of the season. He's been plagued with niggly little injuries lately. Apparently, this was the lowest possession percentage that City have had in all the home games under Guardiola. We're getting there under the short time Frank's been at the helm.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Could be mate. He was no where near the form he was in, early part of the season. He's been plagued with niggly little injuries lately. Apparently, this was the lowest possession percentage that City have had in all the home games under Guardiola. We're getting there under the short time Frank's been at the helm.

Yep a far cry from the drubbing we got there last year. We are going in the right direction,just need to be a little bit more clinical in the final third. There were lots of nice passages of play yesterday a real pleasure to watch.

Now 9 more games to the end of the year and toughest imo is on Wednesday...then West ham, lille, villa, bournemouth and saints @home and toffees totts and the arsse away.....all doable imho.

15 hours ago, oldgit said:

Actually i thought it was Pep's lowest possession percentage in any game at his 3 clubs, but i could be wrong.

Thought you were very good. Agree with Frank "chelsea are coming"; just need to add a bit in Chelsea's next transfer window - im not a fan of that keeper or Zouma (has one of the most unnatural kicking actions ive ever seen). But looking good.

woow ... this is A READ !!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/24/roman-abramovich-chelsea-russia-wealth-visa

not anything we didnt know b4.. however there's a  possibilty that its a putin controlled 'venture' ... NOT in any way a good thing .. i suppose nothin really  changes , in the 60's football was 'owned' by 'car dealers'' prop ty tycoons and later drug dealers   and now its international gangsters and totalitarian  arab royal families . so  in reality   nothin changes.. still nasty wide boys...

9 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

later drug dealers   and now its international gangsters and totalitarian  arab royal families . so  in reality   nothin changes.. still nasty wide boys...

See you are at it again, this time throwing Arab royal families in with scum. I assume that's a dig at Sheikh Mansour, again.

So what exactly is your problem with Arabs and/or Arab royal families?

5 hours ago, hackjam said:

Exciting game tonight, both sides missed many chances.

Dutch keeper was excellent for the Spaniards, while Kepa, outstanding penalty save but otherwise, had a stinker, both goals and poor distribution. 

Spot on very exciting game and better finishing from them and we would have been in trouble. Yep our Keeper Kepa does it every game,always gives the ball straight to the opposition under no pressure whatsoever and always at least once boots it straight out of play.....a snip @ 70+ Million. Thought the ref could easily ref in the Epl as his decisions at times were laughable. Didn,t like the play acting by there players but desperate strokes for desperate folks.

Will see the replay tonite

from reports a very entertaining match

So nice to see Kepa continiously  in the spotlight  here on this thread by tje Lounge Chair ????

At least it has given Pedro. Willian . Alonso  and Company  some welcome respite 

The usual suspects would.nt make a Manager.s  ????

but

certainly know how to kick a player when he is down on form etc etc

Poor lost souls

22 hours ago, deej said:

Will see the replay tonite

from reports a very entertaining match

So nice to see Kepa continiously  in the spotlight  here on this thread by tje Lounge Chair ????

At least it has given Pedro. Willian . Alonso  and Company  some welcome respite 

The usual suspects would.nt make a Manager.s  ????

but

certainly know how to kick a player when he is down on form etc etc

Poor lost souls

And the reason is? Yes, you guessed it, he's been garbage between the posts. Why you think it's your duty to defend players whoever they are and however they are performing is beyond me. They are just employees of the club I've supported for 65 years and, as employees they deserved to be pilloried if they're not doing their job properly, just as they should be praised when they are good. The club comes first with me, not some individual who's pulling in a shed load of money but is playing like a tart.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

And the reason is? Yes, you guessed it, he's been garbage between the posts. Why you think it's your duty to defend players whoever they are and however they are performing is beyond me. They are just employees of the club I've supported for 65 years and, as employees they deserved to be pilloried if they're not doing their job properly, just as they should be praised when they are good. The club comes first with me, not some individual who's pulling in a shed load of money but is playing like a tart.

All the above is your perogative.

But 

The constant bickering. on the same players .week after week.  Is rather tedious to my way of thinking.????

8 hours ago, hackjam said:

I guess, when any player comes into a club, with a massive price tag, expectations age sky high.

Not all players lives up to those expectations-VVD did.

True 

but the usual suspects have it in, on Kepa ???? ( found a new whipping  boy)  who has been erractic but i give him the benefit of the doubt .due to playing with a different back 4 each match and apart from Dave a inexperince  bunch also in age.

Sure that Lamps is aware of Kepa.s erractic form particular having Peter Czek along side of him .who no doubt will be working on his  faults at training  .

Better then calling him names  like Totts in a Kindergarden play ground

Kepa is a very good Shot Stopper no doubt about that

"A very good shot stopper no doubt about it"     31 goals conceded in 19 games  ...says he aint!!!

He has got weak wrists,does not command his 6 yard area,has on many occasions booted the ball straight out of play, and nearly every single game he has given the ball straight to an opposing player......maybe he is Colour Blind???

As i have posted before...He is clumsy.

As for my criticism of both Pedro and Alonso......have they played lately????

How you have got the nerve to take issue with anything posted on this thread when you don,t even watch the Bluddy games is beyond me.

Firstly you  conviently leave Willian  out of your Hitlist????

YES 

Pedro  is at the end of his Illustrous career

Alonso  has not come up to Lamps  high standard required by him at this point of time  

But 

both players are still with Lamps squad preparation . leading  to matchs largely due to their experience and professionism which surely must assist The Chelsea Babes to next level in all areas.

Your view of and stats of Kepa is your opinion

De Gea  of MU. 

stats recently are no better then Kepa ???? or a bee.s knee in it. either way

DeGea in my view. is EPL best goal keeper by the proverbial mile  but he is only as good as the defensive qualitys in front of him .

And in summing up.

You do not know me From A Bar Soap .

So may i ask how do u know my viewing stats with Lamp,s Chelsea Babes ???

Go The Chelsea.s Babes

2 hours ago, deej said:

Firstly you  conviently leave Willian  out of your Hitlist????

YES 

Pedro  is at the end of his Illustrous career

Alonso  has not come up to Lamps  high standard required by him at this point of time  

But 

both players are still with Lamps squad preparation . leading  to matchs largely due to their experience and professionism which surely must assist The Chelsea Babes to next level in all areas.

Your view of and stats of Kepa is your opinion

De Gea  of MU. 

stats recently are no better then Kepa ???? or a bee.s knee in it. either way

DeGea in my view. is EPL best goal keeper by the proverbial mile  but he is only as good as the defensive qualitys in front of him .

And in summing up.

You do not know me From A Bar Soap .

So may i ask how do u know my viewing stats with Lamp,s Chelsea Babes ???

Go The Chelsea.s Babes

Not interested in your opionion of DeGea....he don,t play for Chelsea. You wanna have a snipe about the Mancs defence then go and post on there thread.

Given your name and Avatar changes ......do you know who you are???

"Chelsea Babes".....Really......grow a pair, that Kindergarten phrase belongs to the Mancs

Archived