The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Can't complain too much about that, can we? A top performance from start to finish. As the game wore on, I was thinking "We're actually better than these but we've got to turn

that superiority into goals." It took us a while but we got there in the end. Someone mentioned that Ajax haven't lost a game since April! Individually. it's frightening how good and how much better Tomori can get. Kovacic was immense again with Jorginho not far behind. Hudson Odoi went into his shell after a couple of sloppy bits of play but he's young and still learning. Look at the players we've got to call on! Kante, Rudiger, Christensen, Loftus -Cheek and Barkley plus a few lurking in the background. Intense competition for places now with confidence flowing right through the whole squad. Giroud is a World Cup winner and is still banging them in for France, but he's our third choice striker! Anybody know why Jodie was booked?

Burnley next who will be a different team to the one we faced last year, when they were involved in the Europa League and were out on their feet. Let's hope that we can recover in time to overcome what will be a physical encounter.

• Like 2

Although coming off the back of a gruelling game at Ajax, the energy and enthusiasm displayed by the team was outstanding. It blew Burnley away until the last five minutes, when one or two of the team stopped working. A boost to the confidence of Pulisic with that hat trick, all three very well executed. He's not the quickest, but his movement and intelligence off the ball is very good. An interesting substitution by Frank, switching Azpilicueta to left back and bringing on Reece James at right back. This might be the sign of things to come as, given this season, Reece James will be playing for the England senior team in a year. What a talent.

• Like 1

Old Git????

The Yank.s confidence has always been there !!!!

In contrary  to your poor opinion.

And many other quarters???? 

Lamps has rested him. or slowly taken into the main picture .due to him only having a very short break. between his playing obligations etc etc

Why do  u harp 

that players must have speed(Usain Bolts ) to be a hit at Csea. or the EPL.

BTW this yank  is no slow coach.

Go The Chelsea.s Babes

Edited by deej
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, deej said:

Old Git????

The Yank.s confidence has always been there !!!!

In contrary  to your poor opinion.

And many other quarters???? 

Lamps has rested him. or slowly taken into the main picture .due to him only having a very short break. between his playing obligations etc etc

Why do  u harp 

that players must have speed(Usain Bolts ) to be a hit at Csea. or the EPL.

BTW this yank  is no slow coach.

Go The Chelsea.s Babes

How do you know " his confidence has always been there?" Are you his psychiatrist? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

How do you know " his confidence has always been there?" Are you his psychiatrist? 

Lamps has expressed several times . that only Patience was needed in his case .due to his playing obligations .

new club.  and harder training routines etc etc

Lamps has applied Slowly. Slowly  Catchs The Monkey.

No psychiatrist needed at all 

Lamps has all the trappings. of being a astute

Man to Man . Manager .

very few around these days

Edited by deej

I would be surprised if Tammy Mason Alonso Kovacic and possibly Dave are in the starting line up tonight. Cho to start along with Bats Reece and Emerson. No matter what the knockers say this is imho a great competition to keep the full squad happy.....and at it.

Cotc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

I would be surprised if Tammy Mason Alonso Kovacic and possibly Dave are in the starting line up tonight. Cho to start along with Bats Reece and Emerson. No matter what the knockers say this is imho a great competition to keep the full squad happy.....and at it.

Cotc

Whilst I'm generally in favour of knockers (double entendre entendred) I agree with you on the Football League Cup/Milk Cup/Littlewoods Challenge Cup/Rumbelows Cup/Coca-Cola Cup/Worthington Cup/Carling Cup/Capital One Cup/EFL Cup/Carabao Cup. It's still worth winning and any day out that ends up with a pot at the end of it is a good one.

150px-EFL_(Carabao)_Cup_Logo.svg.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

Neither Cho or Pulisic did enough in that 1st half imo. 2nd half much better team display

Alonso at fault for both goals along with Pedro for the 2nd. Just have to get back on track Saturday.....no.probs.

That first half was drab. For some reason, Willy was kicking long most of the time and Maguire was winning everything in the air. Not the way we normally play, out from the back. The second half was much better with more urgency to our play and we were building up from the back, not waiting for scraps from knock downs. Reece got forward more to support our attack which added impetus. Their penalty was soft but that free kick from Rashford was out of the top drawer, dipping and swerving all over the place.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

but that free kick from Rashford was out of the top drawer, dipping and swerving all over the place.

They use a different ball in the League Cup....one that is known to move around more than the one they use in PL fixtures. Fair play to Rashford who had been practising with it in advance. Only seen it the once but did it also take a slight deflection off someones head? On second viewing, maybe not.

Edited by wilai

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Alonso at fault for both goals along with Pedro for the 2nd. 

Why Pedro for the second?

Rashford.s goal was a screamer????

Alonso made a slip up .on the first goal .which led to the penalty goal. but he has played well under Lamps so far this season .

All players make mistakes 

but your posts.  always with OG in support. or vice a versa  .(In my opinion)

seem to be very biased against

Alonso. Willian. and Pedro.

no matter .how well they play.

Full credit to M/U 

better team on the night????

2 hours ago, deej said:

Why Pedro for the second?

Rashford.s goal was a screamer????

Alonso made a slip up .on the first goal .which led to the penalty goal. but he has played well under Lamps so far this season .

All players make mistakes 

but your posts.  always with OG in support. or vice a versa  .(In my opinion)

seem to be very biased against

Alonso. Willian. and Pedro.

no matter .how well they play.

Full credit to M/U 

better team on the night????

Did you watch the game???

The bloke cannot defend to save his life,always treats the ball like a hot potato, he just cant wait to get rid of it regardless of whether the intended recipient is under pressure or not as in last nights 2 give away passes that led to both of there goals.......or did you see that differently.???

As for Pedro as said soooooooooo many times before other than running around like a headless chicken he offers nothing imho.

Willian done him many times before before (same old movie for the last 5+ years)........but he is (under Frank) working harder at tracking back so credit to him........of course you may not have seen the posts where i have given him credit.....as you are new to this thread..........my arrssse.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

The bloke cannot defend to save his life,always treats the ball like a hot potato, he just cant wait to get rid of it regardless of whether the intended recipient is under pressure or not as in last nights 2 give away passes that led to both of there goals.......or did you see that differently.???

As for Pedro as said soooooooooo many times before other than running around like a headless chicken he offers nothing imho.

Willian done him many times before before (same old movie for the last 5+ years)........but he is (under Frank) working harder at tracking back so credit to him........of course you may not have seen the posts where i have given him credit.....as you are new to this thread..........my arrssse.

Alonso from memory has started in most matchs under Lamps.

Until M/U match he has performed  well enough for Lamps to start him.

Yes a dip in form on Weds nite 

Will see how Lamps reacts to that performance.

Pedro a headless chicken and nothing to offer????

Brings bags of experience to the Lamp.s Babes

5 Aliga Titles.  3 Copa del rey crowns . 3 Champion  Leagues. 3 European Leagues 1 Epl .1 FA cup. 1 Europa League 1  World Cup

2 World Club

Under Lamps. more of a sub due to Willians recent good form. but must be a important squad  member due to his brilliant playing stats as high lighted above

which surely helps the Babe.s come into their own playing career at Csea

a Headless Chicken ????

I know who the Headless Chicken is????

Go The Chelsea Babe.s

9 hours ago, deej said:

Alonso from memory has started in most matchs under Lamps.

Until M/U match he has performed  well enough for Lamps to start him.

Yes a dip in form on Weds nite 

Will see how Lamps reacts to that performance.

Pedro a headless chicken and nothing to offer????

Brings bags of experience to the Lamp.s Babes

5 Aliga Titles.  3 Copa del rey crowns . 3 Champion  Leagues. 3 European Leagues 1 Epl .1 FA cup. 1 Europa League 1  World Cup

2 World Club

Under Lamps. more of a sub due to Willians recent good form. but must be a important squad  member due to his brilliant playing stats as high lighted above

which surely helps the Babe.s come into their own playing career at Csea

a Headless Chicken ????

I know who the Headless Chicken is????

Go The Chelsea Babe.s

The only reason Alonso has started in any matches is because Emerson (who is 1st choice) aint fit.

Thanks for putting up Pedro,s Cv......impressive.....but thucck all to do with how he plays now.....is it???

29 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

The only reason Alonso has started in any matches is because Emerson (who is 1st choice) aint fit.

Thanks for putting up Pedro,s Cv......impressive.....but thucck all to do with how he plays now.....is it???

Your Alonso view.( being behind  Emerson in Lamps. Pecking order )is  in my view  open  to  discussion.

Yes  Pedro.s silver ware career is coming to a end .But still provides cover  for Lamps.  should it be needed.  not to mentioned his presense. (in all phrases )for the Babes to mature into EPL  footballers for Csea F.C. future

Calling him a Headless Chicken. is a very low call but that.s your opinion ????

Well what a totally disjointed half that was. How many times did Dave give the ball away....don't answer that, he will be replaced by Reece for sure?? So glad i put Willian in my Fantasy team.....how shytte and looking totally disinterested was he. Need a good team talk from Frank and Jody at h/t and a full blooded fully committed Chelsea to come out and finish what is a very poor Watford side off.

6 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well what a totally disjointed half that was. How many times did Dave give the ball away....don't answer that,  will be replaced by Reece for sure?? So glad i put Willian in my Fantasy team.....how shytte and looking totally disinterested was he. Need a good team talk from Frank and Jody at h/t and a full blooded fully committed Chelsea to come out and finish what is a very poor Watford side off.

^^^^Please take your medicine????.

Another good result on the road.

Pulisic on the improve.

Kovacic and Jorginho are becoming a lethal combination.

Tammy took his goal well  plus a lovely assist

Zouma is going from strength to strength.

Man of the Match. 

Ben Forster Wford.s  goal keeper.

Go the Chelsea.s Babes

• Like 1