The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

12 hours ago, oldgit said:

It was more a case of Barkley wanting to leave, by running his contract down, rather than Everton turfing him out, hence the reason why we got him for buttons.

He is more problematic than advantageous. Sell him on ASAP.

Great to see that CHO has signed that new contract, a couple more to follow shortly. The future's looking good. I for one would be happy to see this season out with what we've got (including Ross Barkley), sink or swim time without the pressure of thinking the club's looking for replacements in a couple of months.

• Like 1

Cant really see Mason being fit for this one,bit of a blow but that,s life. Hopefully Pulisic will play and maybe perform like he did in the Super Cup? Need Kante and Rudiger to start. Have to say Dave has looked far more comfortable in a wing back role to playing at RB imho. Would not be surprised to see Cho on the bench. Alonso is the week imo and is gonna need sum serious help down that left hand side.

Could be a belter.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Cant really see Mason being fit for this one,bit of a blow but that,s life. Hopefully Pulisic will play and maybe perform like he did in the Super Cup? Need Kante and Rudiger to start. Have to say Dave has looked far more comfortable in a wing back role to playing at RB imho. Would not be surprised to see Cho on the bench. Alonso is the week imo and is gonna need sum serious help down that left hand side.

Could be a belter.

Great news....Mason starts Kante is back....and Emerson????

• Like 1

Well it was a belter!!!  Tomori continues to impress and is going to be a real star imho. Alonso played really well in that second half,as did Willian. Thought we deserved something from the game, the performance and attiude speaks volumes and with the injured players to come back in at some point,the future looks pretty good.

I expect and hope for a 4 goal plus victory on Wednesday night, then the same again with hopefully a 1st clean sheet and 1st home victory for Frank and the boys on Saturday.

• Like 2

Correct. When he arrived in 2013 his new team mates and Chelsea staff couldn’t pronounce his family name (neither could I) so they nicknamed him Dave. It’s stuck ever since.

I remember commentators having a right mare with it.

It’s also hard to spell so we all use Dave or Azpi instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Unfortunately Chelsea tv is no more so i rarely get to see the youth games. I was also surprised at the ability and calmness of Anjorin, to be honest, a player I had not heard of before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Chelsea Tv anymore as we knew it, is a bloody disgrace,we must have saved/banked well over 300 million in transfer fees and the savings on players wages like Morata Higuain Bakayoko even Gary Cahill etc etc etc and with nothing spent on transfers .....shocking.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

Unfortunately, I didn't see the game live (again, bloody losing it!) as I couldn't get out of bed. Probably due to doing some work around the house. Anyway, thanks for the comments and insight lads. It is all looking very exciting thanks to Frank and the team. The worry for me is Kepa though. For the money he cost, his command of his six yard box is poor. I can think of half a dozen or so goalkeepers I'd rather have than him.

Yeah he is a bit weak,but so far this season his distribution is a bit better.....doesn,t seem to boot it straight out of play like he did last year on loads of ocassions. Should have kept Marcin Bulka......as back up although Willy has done little wrong when used.

• Like 2

Painful,but we got there in the end. A truly forgettable 1st half apart from the one moment when Alonso actually passed the ball forward instead of back to Tomori. Second half was better,we were a bit quicker overall. Tammy done okay with what little service he had, thought Tomori yet again was excellent and Cho was very good when he came on,and both Jorhino and Willian pressed till the very end ..(Mason,s pressing led to the Pen).

Barkley....barely jogged into no man,s land and needs to play for another club where his every move wont come under scrutiny imho.

3pts and a clean sheet.....though Kepa,s reluctance to command his 6yd area nearly cost us from the header that hit the bar....(yep Og that was poor).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Painful,but we got there in the end. A truly forgettable 1st half apart from the one moment when Alonso actually passed the ball forward instead of back to Tomori. Second half was better,we were a bit quicker overall. Tammy done okay with what little service he had, thought Tomori yet again was excellent and Cho was very good when he came on,and both Jorhino and Willian pressed till the very end ..(Mason,s pressing led to the Pen).

Barkley....barely jogged into no man,s land and needs to play for another club where his every move wont come under scrutiny imho.

3pts and a clean sheet.....though Kepa,s reluctance to command his 6yd area nearly cost us from the header that hit the bar....(yep Og that was poor).

I thought Jorginho had a very good game. He covered every blade of grass a la Kante, basically because he had to, as he got little help from Barkley. It's strange but Barkley seems well off the pace. I noticed he was glancing at the bench around 50 mins. imploring Frank to take him off. He wasn't the only one. I was down on my knees in front of the TV shouting "Get him off and bring Kovacic on, pretty please". Jorginho's penalty was a delight.

Yeah Keith, I noticed when that corner came in that Kepa came, shat himself, then retreated to his line like a frightened rabbit. He's a bottle job and, unless Petr can instill some guts into his game, I reckon he'll be gone next season, probably back to the sanctuary of La Liga.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldgit said:

I thought Jorginho had a very good game. He covered every blade of grass a la Kante, basically because he had to, as he got little help from Barkley. It's strange but Barkley seems well off the pace. I noticed he was glancing at the bench around 50 mins. imploring Frank to take him off. He wasn't the only one. I was down on my knees in front of the TV shouting "Get him off and bring Kovacic on, pretty please". Jorginho's penalty was a delight.

Yeah Keith, I noticed when that corner came in that Kepa came, shat himself, then retreated to his line like a frightened rabbit. He's a bottle job and, unless Petr can instill some guts into his game, I reckon he'll be gone next season, probably back to the sanctuary of La Liga.

Forgot to mention, strange as it may seem considering the goals we've leaked, I think we're well set defensively. I like Tomori and Christensen, Zouma is getting better and Rudiger is just different class. Azpilicueta has got back to his solid self in the last couple of games and Reece James looks a great prospect. Alonso is limited so, the quicker Emerson gets back, the better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Lampard is doing an Ajax at the moment with the Youngsters. 

Very impressive win in a tricky game. Future looks bright. 

Fans must be loving it at the mo. 

Well this one is. Still couldn't kick myself out of bed at 2 a.m. to watch it though, but I would have been tempted to if it had been on TV rather than chancing some dodgy stream.

I've said before and I still say that I don't want the transfer ban lifting in January.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Well this one is. Still couldn't kick myself out of bed at 2 a.m. to watch it though, but I would have been tempted to if it had been on TV rather than chancing some dodgy stream.

I've said before and I still say that I don't want the transfer ban lifting in January.

Shame on you BM, I thought I was the only lazy <deleted> on this thread.

The thing that struck me about the lads coming through from our Academy is, they can all play football and have pace and acceleration. The exception pace wise is Billy Gilmour, from what little I've seen of him though, but he's still very young and will get stronger. It was nice to see Reece James putting in an old fashioned slide tackle or two though. For this eventuality, we have Jody and the succession of Academy coaches to thank.

The game itself was a very good win, in a cauldron of a stadium against a quick and skillful outfit. The youngsters would have grown up and learnt a lot from this experience.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

would have been tempted to if it had been on TV rather than chancing some dodgy stream

I'm with you there.

Got up to watch us vs Zagreb. Spent ages trying to find a free livestream. Failed. Went back to bed. Couldn't sleep thinking about the game. Suddenly remembered i had Mobdro. Out of bed again to watch on Mobdro feeling annoyed  that with a sleepy head i hadn't thought of that earlier. Missed big chunk of the game. Watching on my phone most unsatisfactory. Wish Truevisions had the CL like in previous  seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1