Britain can end Brexit unilaterally, EU court advisor says

snoop1130

14 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

jeez teebe, get real

this is all Tory crap doing

install an announced remainer as the champion of Brexit

she  did not have a stellar reputation as home sec

what the fuuuuuuuuuuk do you expect?

I doubt that anyone in any party thinks Brexit is a good move for the general population (except Corbyn of course)

Those MPs pushing for Brexit have ulterior motives for sure

13 hours ago, elliss said:

So , what does count ? , in your intellectual opinion,  we are indeed blessed , with such an intellectual member on TV.

Are you buy any chance , resident in Thailand , and  dependant  on gbp / thb  exchanges rates,,  which fall daily.

Not many TV posters , live in Thailand ,and yet continually comment on this topic , WHY ?, boredom..in UK .

I no longer live in UK , there fore i no longer use my  vote . Those living in UK must decide their destiny /fate.

The   Brexit  vote , has  caused us expats , living in Thailand , much financial hardship , and worse is expected .

The greatest good for the greatest number

What is best is not always what people ask for. There is nothing pompous about that. To take a decision for an optimal outcome requires knowledge, intelligence and excellent advisors

Right now, parliament has a majority on MPs who, in my opinion are not clever enough AND put their own interests ahead of their constituents and their country.

We NEED proper leadership. Robert the Bruce would be ideal....

-----------------------

I am resident in Thailand with wife a children. I have several engineering businesses.

I have family members in the UK with a sixth grandchild on the way.

Altruism is not dead.

13 hours ago, elliss said:

So , what does count ? , in your intellectual opinion,  we are indeed blessed , with such an intellectual member on TV.

Are you buy any chance , resident in Thailand , and  dependant  on gbp / thb  exchanges rates,,  which fall daily.

Not many TV posters , live in Thailand ,and yet continually comment on this topic , WHY ?, boredom..in UK .

I no longer live in UK , there fore i no longer use my  vote . Those living in UK must decide their destiny /fate.

The   Brexit  vote , has  caused us expats , living in Thailand , much financial hardship , and worse is expected .

What is best is not always what people ask for. There is nothing pompous about that. To take a decision for an optimal outcome requires knowledge, intelligence and excellent advisors

Right now, parliament has a majority on MPs who, in my opinion are not clever enough AND put their own interests ahead of their constituents and their country.

-----------------------

I am resident in Thailand with wife and children. I have several engineering businesses.

Altruism is not dead.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I doubt that anyone in any party thinks Brexit is a good move for the general population (except Corbyn of course)

Those MPs pushing for Brexit have ulterior motives for sure

you are too negative

didna you mention altruism?

16 minutes ago, Grouse said:

-----------------------

I am resident in Thailand with wife and children. I have several engineering businesses.

Altruism is not dead.

Sorry for double post!

8 hours ago, tebee said:

The tides are turning....

Not really Tebee. The article you link to actually says:

"Remain – which has 46% support nationally".

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/12/06/mays-brexit-deal-leads-just-two-constituencies-it-

Of course, no-one likes May's deal, not even her fellow remainers for whom she concocted it.

2 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're deliberately missing the point.

The majority of those who voted, voted for brexit - and the referendum result is being deliberately circumvented ☹️

You, like the other Hard Brexiteers, do not own the Brexit process, however much you vent or circumvent.

10 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Much like the vast majority of MPs who are remainers and desperately looking for a 'deal' that is leave in name only - but not so obviously leave in name only, which reduces their chances of being re-elected in leave areas.

That is your spin and you are entitled to it, but it is in Parliament that the decisions will be made, while the spinning tops spin away.

12 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Much like the vast majority of MPs who are remainers and desperately looking for a 'deal' that is leave in name only - but not so obviously leave in name only, which reduces their chances of being re-elected in leave areas.

Go for it! Have an election, return Corbyn and see where that gets you.

Just now, My Thai Life said:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/12/06/mays-brexit-deal-leads-just-two-constituencies-it-

Of course, no-one likes May's deal, not even her fellow remainers for whom she concocted it.

Quite.

May's 'deal' is so obviously leave in name only - despite her previous insistence that "no deal is better than a bad deal" ????

Of course even remain MPs realise that the electorate is not going to 'fall' for this obviously worst possible deal!

Another poster said a while ago that MPs would make a few 'amendments' (that changed nothing.....), and this would likely be suddenly acceptable, as they'd 'made amendments'.  Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

May's 'deal' is so obviously leave in name only - despite her previous insistence that "no deal is better than a bad deal" ????

Of course even remain MPs realise that the electorate is not going to 'fall' for this obviously worst possible deal!

Another poster said a while ago that MPs would make a few 'amendments' (that changed nothing.....), and this would likely be suddenly acceptable, as they'd 'made amendments'.  Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with him.

The only thing 'obvious' to Hard Brexiteers is an echo of themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Quite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

It's truly sad that this has to be repeated so frequently.

As a neutral on Brexit I can see the strengths and weaknesses of both sides.

But what I have difficulty with is the notion that so many people are wilfully trying to undermine democracy. Of course, there are many remainers who accept the referendum result, but they're not the ones who obsess about it on social media.

The UK will be ok inside or outside of the EU, but the electorate voted to leave, and leave we shall.

"The UK will be ok inside or outside of the EU, but the electorate voted to leave, and leave we shall."

I wouldn't be so sure of that being the case....

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Quite.

I said that,

however, not so sure anymore

after TM did this incredibly stupid move of trying to fool the parliament, just earlier this week

she possesses impressive skills re pissing off people, can compete with bojo any day

8 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

For me, only 2 alternatives: quit Brexit or WTO deal.  Anything else is nonsense really.  If Parliament cannot decide, then it goes back to the people.

Not at all, but I agree with the 2 alternatives - although IMO they should be:-

1) Accept the deal

2) Leave immediately

But the govt. has little time left, although hopefully (?) they've finally started making preparations for a genuine brexit?

It's telling that they haven't bothered up until now (assuming they have started).....

36 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

For me, only 2 alternatives: quit Brexit or WTO deal.  Anything else is nonsense really.  If Parliament cannot decide, then it goes back to the people.

It has not got a cat in hells chance of going back to the people, they might get the answer they don't want again.

As stated the country is for leave whilst Parliament is full of remainers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SheungWan said:

"If we take Professor Hayek literally, a fascist dictatorship of some kind should be regarded as the necessary pre-condition (along with monetarism) of a ‘free society’." Nicholas Kaldor, letter to The Times, October 18, 1978. ......

So now readers have their clue (other than the Thatcherism link) why the forum Hard Brexiteers subscribing to Conspiracy Theories, like to roll out Hayek now and then. Trigger for the Nationalist Revolution they would like to have.

Is that the best you can do?  A letter to the Times, qualified by the word "literally" to disparage a man who was appointed a member of the Order of the Companions of Honour on the advice of Margaret Thatcher, who received the US Presidential Medal of Freedom from George W Bush and was the first person to receive the Hanns Martin Schleyer Prize. You run true to form, like so many Remainers, not showing respect to anyone of an opposite opinion, regardless of achievement.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Yes,It’s almost as if the media is biased.

I think the media is biased. On Question Time last night, almost entirely devoted to Brexit, the panel of five consisted of one Leaver and four Leavers in name only.

• Like 1