Big Mac Only 54B Today

Banana7

9 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Only had a single, but I'd give a testimonial

Quite. As to burgers, Im told there is a farang place on Suk Soi 71 that has these ginormous tasty bugers AND 10 baht wings on weds, so I may have my burger fix outside of Mickeys

On 12/4/2018 at 9:19 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

If I was there I'd buy 2. I love big macs. Must be the chemicals they add as other burgers don't make me want to eat them, and the contents are nothing special.

The great mystery to me is how they have conned the Thais to pay 3 times as much as a Thai meal to buy garbage food.

It's no mystery at all. Mcdonald's along with Coca Cola are some of the world's best at marketing. Both of which are at or near all time highs on their stocks. Mickey D's is such a powerful brand name even people that don't like it have to comment about it and we know there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Does anyone else know why the hell the Maccas at Pattaya Avenue doesn't follow this promo and why all their meals are always overpriced at way more than Maccas at other locations? I thought as a franchise all places should have the same pricing.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:27 AM, bbi1 said:

Does anyone else know why the hell the Maccas at Pattaya Avenue doesn't follow this promo and why all their meals are always overpriced at way more than Maccas at other locations? I thought as a franchise all places should have the same pricing.

Prices are developed using a formula. Rent is one component of the formula, which is probably different by location. Some Mc are company owned and some are franchised. Also, newer Mc seem to have higher prices than old ones. Avenue is newer than the one in Central. Also, the initial franchise contract may have stipulated the number promotions that have to be adopted in 1 year. Less promotions per year meant higher initial fee.