Another one gone!

NewGuy

True , will have done a *survey and result no one watches that

channel, so closing it, that's the usual spiel they give out,

have not used True for years,maybe the worst company in

Thailand,AND they still never returned my deposit.   *so they say.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Do you only buy that channel or you have to subscribe to full package? How much is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I get just that BeiN Connect. Gives ALL football, EPL,USA,Aus, Europe. Do it with a Bkk Bank card. If you are clever, you do not renew subscription until a Saturday if there are no good matches, which are all late night anyway, during the week. You then get a few extra days every month. Cheap Charlie I am !

14 hours ago, JaiLai said:

200 baht a month - don't think so, not on True...

Baht 199 plus tax, so about Baht 213 a month, all games live on 6 BeIn Sports channels.

Edit: Had to buy the True box, Baht 1,800 if I recall correctly, plus get someone to install a dish for Baht 900.

Edited by LongTimeLurker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I get just that BeiN Connect. Gives ALL football, EPL,USA,Aus, Europe. Do it with a Bkk Bank card. If you are clever, you do not renew subscription until a Saturday if there are no good matches, which are all late night anyway, during the week. You then get a few extra days every month. Cheap Charlie I am !

And you don't have to pay over the summer when there's no live games.

I pay through a True SIM top up.

• Like 1

And you don't have to pay over the summer when there's no live games.

I pay through a True SIM top up.

Is this price for that channel alone? I have platinum ( I think ) and for 3 boxes pay about 2700 a month.

Recently bought a fire stick, plan will be to test it for a month then if successful bin True.

1 minute ago, JaiLai said:

Is this price for that channel alone? I have platinum ( I think ) and for 3 boxes pay about 2700 a month.

Recently bought a fire stick, plan will be to test it for a month then if successful bin True.

The price covers all the BeIn channels for the EPL and also a couple of True Sports channels I think.

No other True channels though, it's only a sports package so no movies etc.

6 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

I have Express VPN for $6 a month. With that I can get as much TV as I will ever have time to watch, download movies and TV series via extratorrents, music via YouTube.

How many hours are there in a day to watch TV?

• Like 1

I tried beIN Sports Connect but to me it's not as good as getting the channels on TrueVisions TV. beIN Sports Connect is not full 1080p quality as far as I can judge and at least on my Internet connection (100/20 on True Fiber Optic) sometimes drops to an even lower resolution, occasionally freezes, sometimes drops out completely and has to be restarted.

Partly because of the TV options, I got a True Internet fibre optic package which included a free TrueVisions box with basic TV package (also free) with a bunch of channels including some with English language content (not that I watch them much) but initially, only one of the beIN Sports channels (beIN Sports 4). However by paying 199 Baht per month extra, I get all 6 beIN Sports channels. The main advantages to me are flawless and reliable full HD quality images plus programmable recording and the ability to pause and rewind live TV with the PVR function on the TrueVisions box. You have to supply your own USB storage device but I just used a spare USB memory stick I happened to have lying around. I can record about 8 hours of TV on it, which is plenty for my purposes.

There isn't 7-day catch-up available via the box (like beIN Sports Connect has) but I can get the same thing by using the TrueID TV app. 

I use the computer for browsing all the news channel websites for articles and youtube video clips for all the CNN and MSNBC news. They put them up and are labelled by date and if new clips. Found because thinking about discontinuing next year, but like watching NFL games this time a year. 

16 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Do you only buy that channel or you have to subscribe to full package? How much is that?

I subscribe to True's Super Soccer Package which costs me 1,990 baht for 6 months (332 baht per month). I get all EPL games on BeIn Sports Channels 1,2,3,4,5,6. Also included are the French, Spanish and Italian Premier Leagues along with MSL (USA), Japanese and Australian Premier matches. As an ex-referee I do like my football.

Go with AIS trust me they’re so much better they have almost every channel you’ll ever want especially if you’re an American.  They have HBO FX, several news channels and I could go on and on with all the channels they have all of the fox movie channels and so much more.  And AIS is cheaper than true ever was.  I switched to AIS for everything iPhone service, cable, and internet.  Actually with AIS you’re cable TV is actually streamed through the internet.  

Right now my biggest concern in life is when the last episode of Homeland is coming out on FX which is supposed to be in July 2019.  When we lived in Tokyo we couldn’t even get the channels we have here in Thailand on AIS.  When we moved here I thought I’d be watching movies off of my iTunes but I only use my iTunes movies if I want to watch the un censored version of a movie.  Some movies are so violet and vulgar that if you want to watch every scene you have to stream it off of iTunes or an internet website because of censorship here but mostly AIS is really good.  I still watch some movies off the internet though once in a while.  Also because of lesse majesty laws here once in a while some movie scenes are deleted if it’s saying something negative about any country’s government.  I remember I was watching the movie “The Dark Knight” one night and I noticed that they deleted half of the scene when the Joker meets Harvy Dent in the hospital and they deleted the part of the scene when the joker discusses killing the Gotham Mayor.  I’m pretty sure that was probably because of Lesse Majesty laws.  They cut out the part when the joker made a statement about killing the mayor I noticed.  So some new movies if you really want to see the ENTIRE movie maybe order it on iTunes or stream it off the internet but other than that AIS is really good.  I also noticed that when you’re watching a movie in the movie theater here in English that for some reason nothing is censored but on regular TV lots of things are censored.  Sometimes it’s funny because on regular TV they cut out the F word but if someone says C’sucker they’ll sometimes still allow that.  

Anyway if you want good cable TV service just go with AIS they really are really good and a lot more than I ever expected to have in Thailand for foreign television.  

Edited by Jimmy Bulger
  • Like 1