"Thailand is safe" - police tell tourists after cop guns down Frenchman in cold blood

webfact

Apologist nonsense.
How is it "apologist"? The comment is true in that crime happens everywhere. New Zealand might be considered relatively safe, but a young backpacker was recently murdered in Auckland.

Pointing out the crime and accidents are not unique to Thailand is not apologising for anything. No one is going to claim Thailand is completely safe as it would be ridiculous to do so, particularly if you include the horrendous road traffic accident rate. But the vast majority of tourists and expats do not experience crime and the likelihood of it happening is no different to other countries with high numbers of tourists, unless they happen to mix with disreputable people or indulge in criminal activities.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

A more comprehensive list..

1 roads

2 the sea or pools

3 balconies 

4 thais

5 disease 

6 pesticides-herbicides in most food

7 asbestos in building

8 electricity

9 police

10 caves,jungle,elephants,snakes,spider and anything else with legs and teeth

11 dodgy expats

12 dodgy tourists

From stepping off the plane you have entered a very dangerous country and if you make it back home without an incident you should consider yourself very lucky.

Yeah, and then a terrorist will blow you into pieces.

We all die, get used to it.

• Haha 1

A more comprehensive list..
1 roads
2 the sea or pools
3 balconies 
4 thais
5 disease 
6 pesticides-herbicides in most food
7 asbestos in building
8 electricity
9 police
10 caves,jungle,elephants,snakes,spider and anything else with legs and teeth
11 dodgy expats
12 dodgy tourists
From stepping off the plane you have entered a very dangerous country and if you make it back home without an incident you should consider yourself very lucky.
Dude what are you doing in Thailand. You should be dead by now
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, madmen said:

I repeat there is NO safe anywhere. Please humor us and tell us the murder free countries?
Take your time now it's not a trick question

There may be no danger free countries, but there was little chance of being shot (by anyone) in my small hometown in Cornwall. London was more fun, but also more risk.

You just need to compare the 'fun Vs risk' of anywhere, and I decided to risk the danger of early death for the availability of cheap wimmin. 

As did the French guy, the girl with him in the bar CCTV looked worth the risk.

I suspect the French guy (victim blaming) played a part in his own demise, by acting in a possessive western (Muslim?) way with the girl. Thais are usually easily placated when there is a dispute over a woman, buy them a drink or two, stop handling the women, and they are your new best friend, and will probably give you the girl. Start a 'she's mine, hands off' confrontation, and you're in trouble.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1