Overstaying less than 24hrs before flying out of Thailand

30 minutes ago, Tis88 said:

Thanks for your comment.

My question is, however, if you will get fined 500B

for overstaying for less than 24hrs before flying out

of any of the airports other than those in Bangkok.

Thank you.

I'm interested in the replies from experts (I'm not). You have an "until date" ...what's the 23 hour thing? You did not exit before your until date. Regardless of mod advice. Dont do that in Japan. Not happy.

2 hours ago, Tis88 said:

Thanks for your comment.

My question is, however, if you will get fined 500B

for overstaying for less than 24hrs before flying out

of any of the airports other than those in Bangkok.

Thank you.

The question is if you will be, for sure some have managed to avoid being fined at airports outside of Bangkok, its going to be the immigration officers choice, so be nice.

I think that a days grace is usually given in Bangkok... However, your question regards Departing International flights from other airports within Thailand, in which case I can only assume its up to the Chief of Immigration for that region.... 

Gambling on a 'maybe' with 500baht is not a big deal... 

However, in the extremely unlikely event that you were to get picked up by the Police for some unforeseen event and passport details checked you are officially on overstay which has the potential to get sticky... 

That said - In Thailand, I'd risk a 24 hr overstay if it was for a good reason as the chances of getting caught out are extremely minimal and there is allowance for either 24hrs grace or a very minor fine. 

(that said, in +20 years I've never overstayed my Visa but never had reason to)

5 hours ago, Tis88 said:

Hello,

I've heard that you won't get fined 500B for

overstaying less than 24hrs if you fly out of

Bangkok, but what about it if you fly out of

other airports?

Thank you in advance.

If you fly out of BKK or DMK you shouldn’t get fined. IF they stamp your passport it’s not the usual overstay stamp, but one stating you overstayed less than 24 hours.

You will almost certainly be fined flying out of the other airports and would likely get a standard overstay stamp.

I have overstayed twice.  Once by two days and once by a day.  Got fined both times.  The one by a day was about 30 hours but they don't know that as your passport is stamped with a day and not a time of entry.  However, who is to say if they bring up your details on their computer that they do have it time stamped there?  

17 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I have overstayed twice.  Once by two days and once by a day.  Got fined both times.  The one by a day was about 30 hours but they don't know that as your passport is stamped with a day and not a time of entry.  However, who is to say if they bring up your details on their computer that they do have it time stamped there?  

It’s stamped with the day- you have to leave (your flight must depart) by midnight on that day. The time is immaterial.

• Like 1

Not a big deal even if you are fined 500baht,  I mixed up the dates once a few years ago,  and exited from Phuket by 1 day, they took me to the back office and I said (really believed I was right and stamp was wrong, I only noticed the stamp at that time) I'm within my 60 days (had visa),  but very friendly officer counted the days on his desk calendar for me and he was right, I think culprit a Feb.  ... ! ! ! I paid and never had a problem on same passport to this day.... 

• Like 1

I flew out Suvanabum 13th, visa till 12th all this month. I went to my local immigration office in Khon Kaen to ask.  They said NO problem you are less than 24 hours. Do not know how they work it out but the office said no problem. Went to the airport went through no problem. But I would be carefull in the other BBK airport. They make their own rules up.

7 hours ago, shaurene said:

I flew out Suvanabum 13th, visa till 12th all this month. I went to my local immigration office in Khon Kaen to ask.  They said NO problem you are less than 24 hours. Do not know how they work it out but the office said no problem. Went to the airport went through no problem. But I would be carefull in the other BBK airport. They make their own rules up.

Had a similar experience in Nong Khai border crossing, this year no problem , 8 years ago had to pay 500 overstay. 

I guess down to officer stamping your passport, both times was early morning 

I overstayed by 1 day in April, the immigration officer stamped my exit date but then asked a senior officer to take over, the senior officer gave me a telling off, I said politely that I was told of a 24 hour waver if overstayed by just the 1 day, he said that it wasn't true what I had been told. I didn't have to pay 500 bahts but he made it clear that it would be a problem for me if I did the same again. He wasn't a happy chappy.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:38 AM, richard_smith237 said:

That said - In Thailand, I'd risk a 24 hr overstay if it was for a good reason as the chances of getting caught out are extremely minimal and there is allowance for either 24hrs grace or a very minor fine. 

(that said, in +20 years I've never overstayed my Visa but never had reason to)

Don't go to the bar or  places where Big Joke is creating Big noise when you're overstayed