Mum's 'relief' as £60k raised to bring injured daughter home from Thailand after horrific accident

snoop1130

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Happy to hear that she is recovering and OK to go home, but of course, if her shyster insurance company hadn't been such a bunch of dogs, the fundraiser would not have been necessary. People dive into pools all day long without drama, so to suggest her doing so was "reckless" is just mean. I hope other tourists take note and put these bandits out of business. I wouldn't insure my goldfish with them after this.

While I haven’t read all the details, has it been proven that the claim was actually within her policies covered limits or is it just generalized anger of no coverage, regardless of incident facts?  Just asking as it haven’t read what her policy actually covered and the insurers stated reason for denial.

18 minutes ago, new2here said:

While I haven’t read all the details, has it been proven that the claim was actually within her policies covered limits or is it just generalized anger of no coverage, regardless of incident facts?  Just asking as it haven’t read what her policy actually covered and the insurers stated reason for denial.

The insurance company claimed it was a "reckless" act and they will not cover it.

I agree with the insurance company.

Its a different World today, If we old Crumblie Folk told or Parents we were off to do sod all for 6 months at 24, we wouldn't be welcome back. Come to think of it, neither could i, and a few other posters here live comfortable in LOS without hard work as youngsters. 2 Bloody weeks off in the Summer was our luxury. Dont blame them, but theres a price to pay long term. Dont rely on inheritance Kids, its blown in a few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1