retirement extension today at Suphanburi immigration

2 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

btw I was made to sign a number of docs all in thai language that I hadn't seen before with previous retirement extensions...

Did you have any idea of what you were signing? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

not at all but one does not interrupt a new retirement extension application to seek legal assistance does one? them being immigration folks I figured they were on the 'up and up' and the docs were routine and harmless...if someone goes with an agent to their IO for this purpose they might wanna investigate...

on the other hand maybe I just sold my 6 y.o. granddaughter into sex slavery with some scheme that Mr BJ has got planned...'heh, heh, heh...dese falangs are such foolish creatures...'

So you really signed a bunch of documents that were written in Thai?  Are all other applicants also being asked or directed to do the same thing?

• Like 1

Just now, gk10002000 said:

So you really signed a bunch of documents that were written in Thai?  Are all other applicants also being asked or directed to do the same thing?

presumably...why would I be singled out for mistreatment?...just sayin' maybe what I signed is part of the 'new regime' and folks should be aware...

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Quite normal I think, I seem to recall being asked to sign a couple of extra forms in Thai when I did my last few extensions.

12 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

btw I was made to sign a number of docs all in thai language that I hadn't seen before with previous retirement extensions...

Did they include this pair (which my local office has required me to sign for my past 3 retirement extensions and are in both Thai and English) or similar, by any chance?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/form_acknow_con2stay_new.pdf

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/overstay-page-004_Page_1.pdf

35 minutes ago, rocketdave said:

Renewed my retirement visa last week at Pattaya Immigration in Jomtien, had to have my pic taken (took half an hour) letter from bank and all done easy-peasy.

Thanks for the interesting post. I bet you either had an embassy income letter or 800,000 in the bank. Yes?

Just had my Retirement extension done earlier in the month. Was smooth and uneventful, but still SLOW...lots of waiting, especially for the re-entry stamp but also for my passport back with the renewed extension. Was a madhouse that day, but I digress...

Anyway, was not presented with any forms that were only in Thai. Was presented with and signed some that were in Thai, as well as English...so no problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:

This isn't really "only with bank statements". The writer also had an embassy affidavit, which is business as usual. Nothing new here. I'm waiting to see what happens in six months when the last affidavits issued by the U.S. embassy expire, and applicants have ONLY bank statements to work with. 

That was my view after reading the post I cannot see why he would have a problem, but without the affidavit from the Embassy as you also state a different story perhaps.

Regarding your home country bank statements, if you're getting them sent to a relative or friend,get them to photograph them with a smartphone & email to you,then you go to an Internet shop,go to your email & ask them to print it out for you,if you're not computer savvy get a friend to set a email address or even the Internet shop,they're usually happy to help, I just got a new setv in KL & had my apartment manager write the letter of residence or proof of address & photo it & email it,same with my uk bank statement,from a relative,I went to the British embassy in KL to pick up my new passport & used their computer to print them out also my eticket for onward flight,the lady there is great,I then walked 10 mins up the road to the thai embassy with my new passport & other documents,jobs a gud un

6 hours ago, Bangkok Basha said:

This isn't really "only with bank statements". The writer also had an embassy affidavit, which is business as usual. Nothing new here. I'm waiting to see what happens in six months when the last affidavits issued by the U.S. embassy expire, and applicants have ONLY bank statements to work with. 

You won't have to wait six months. I'm extending next month and planning to do it without the bogus letter from the consulate, since that's what Immigration's own website says. I plan to report here.

Here's the link:

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_22

5 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

You won't have to wait six months. I'm extending next month and planning to do it without the bogus letter from the consulate, since that's what Immigration's own website says.  //

The link you give does not specify which "evidence" is accepted.

Here is another link: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq

and it says :

22. // For reasons to stay of Retirement, //

Evidences showing financial support are as follows; //
- 2.2  In case of having any other income from abroad such as pension, social welfare
  -  Letter from the applicant’s Embassy or consulate in Thailand verifying their pension or other income of the applicant which must not be less than 65,000 Baht per month. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

The link you give does not specify which "evidence" is accepted.

Here is another link: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=faq

and it says :

22. // For reasons to stay of Retirement, //

Evidences showing financial support are as follows; //
- 2.2  In case of having any other income from abroad such as pension, social welfare
  -  Letter from the applicant’s Embassy or consulate in Thailand verifying their pension or other income of the applicant which must not be less than 65,000 Baht per month. 

That is what comes up under FAQ... the main regulations details required docs for retirement extension as...

1. Application form
2. Copy of applicant’s passport
3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
4. Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook
5. Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4
stated above.

(I can only get this pop-up to work with Internet Explorer).

Criteria.

The alien:
(1) Must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM).
(2) Must be 50 years of age or over.
(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or
(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.
(6) An alien who entered the Kingdom before October 21, 1998 and has been consecutively
permitted to stay in the Kingdom for retirement shall be subject to the following criteria:

(a) Must be 60 years of age or over and have an annual fixed income with funds maintained in
a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht 200,000 or have a monthly income of
no less than Baht 20,000.

(b) If less than 60 years of age but not less than 55 years of age, must have an annual fixed
income with funds maintained in a bank account for the past three months of no less than Baht
500,000 or have a monthly income of no less than Baht 50,000.

Edited by jacko45k

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

//

3. Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or
//

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or
//

As I already said, the problem is in the word Evidence.

One of only locations where Evidence is defined is this link I gave above :

Evidence = Letter from your Embassy verifying your Income, and nothing else. :mellow:

thanks to everyone for their kind condolences...

the IO doc regarding the penalties for overstay is an old one and also in English...this time in addition the IO had 2 docs all in Thai that I never saw before...this is why I say they may be related to some new arrangement that hasn't been announced...

the verification of bank balance from the bank is always required when there's any money deposited for purposes of meeting the 800000 for a retirement application, either the entire amount or part if using income as well, nothing has changed there...I wanted to illustrate that I was using the combo income/deposit method for this application with an embassy income affidavit and that it was successful...sorry if folks were confused...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

As I already said, the problem is in the word Evidence.

One of only locations where Evidence is defined is this link I gave above :

Evidence = Letter from your Embassy verifying your Income, and nothing else. :mellow:

Yes understood and a good point. Although I felt it should be there under the regulations if that is the ONLY evidence that is acceptable. 

On 12/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, rocketdave said:

Renewed my retirement visa last week at Pattaya Immigration in Jomtien, had to have my pic taken (took half an hour) letter from bank and all done easy-peasy.

Ditto at Hua Hin immigration. 35 minutes from arriving to leaving.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:39 AM, wgdanson said:

The extra papers are, Ithink, recognition of the overstay penalties and that you will be a good boy whilst in Thailand. In Phitsanulok they were in Thai & English so I signed.

Same here at CW. Plus a form stating that I swore I live where I say I live, arrived when I say I arrived and aint gonna work no more!

• Like 1