Anger in UK parliament as Corbyn accused of calling PM 'stupid woman'

webfact

Just now, sanemax said:

OK, so its irrelevant that the leaser of the opposition used sexist misogynistic language when referring to the Prime Minister in the house of commons in a debate and then lied on record. Saying that he said something else .

Lets not be concerned about that , lets just blame the people who reported it 

I'm neither sexist or misogynistic (neither was the remark) but have been known to mutter the remark to a friend when listening to someone (male and female) who was rattling on like a 5 year old.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I'm neither sexist or misogynistic (neither was the remark) but have been known to mutter the remark to a friend when listening to someone (male and female) who was rattling on like a 5 year old.

Come on now don't try to "mansplain" it. The world has actually become that retarded. I will check my white privilege and digress. 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

OK, so its irrelevant that the leaser of the opposition used sexist misogynistic language when referring to the Prime Minister in the house of commons in a debate and then lied on record. Saying that he said something else .

Lets not be concerned about that , lets just blame the people who reported it 

Not sexist. Not misogynistic. It was an <deleted> storm in a teacup. Can't people have opinions any more. If the PM had been a man and a woman MP had said "stupid man", would that have been sexist? No it would not. Would that have been misandrous? No it would not. Using gender identifiers does not automatically make a statement sexist or misogynistic. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Not sexist. Not misogynistic. It was an <deleted> storm in a teacup. Can't people have opinions any more. If the PM had been a man and a woman MP had said "stupid man", would that have been sexist? No it would not. Would that have been misandrous? No it would not. Using gender identifiers does not automatically make a statement sexist or misogynistic. 

In his denial of using the word , Corbyn himself stated that he didnt use "sexist misogynist" terms by calling her a stupid woman .

Corbyn himself stated that using those words is sexist and misogynistic, he just denied using those words .

People can indeed have opinions these days , although that kind of language is unacceptable these days , thanks to the liberal left 

• Like 1

Just now, sanemax said:

In his denial of using the word , Corbyn himself stated that he didnt use "sexist misogynist" terms by calling her a stupid woman .

Corbyn himself stated that using those words is sexist and misogynistic, he just denied using those words .

People can indeed have opinions these days , although that kind of language is unacceptable these days , thanks to the liberal left 

He probably denied it as his ex was sat next to him. Just as well for him that he didn't say, "Stupid black slag vegan". I'd have done the same as Ms Abbot is reputed to pack a punch bested only by Mohammed Ali.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Corbyn is well known for his poor lack of choices, being a sexist is one he can add to his anti-semetic views. If wants to be the leader of the country perhaps he could choose his words a little more carefully.

But like the rest of us, he does like women half his age from the 3rd world.

As opposed to having sex with a pig's head.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Corbyn is well known for his poor lack of choices, being a sexist is one he can add to his anti-semetic views. If wants to be the leader of the country perhaps he could choose his words a little more carefully.

But like the rest of us, he does like women half his age from the 3rd world.

As opposed to having sex with a pig's head.

31 minutes ago, tebee said:

The topic is not about comparing who is the worst misogynist, Corbyn or Trump, although there are certain Corbyn traits that Trump may not even stoop to.

It is about making derogatory remarks in Parliament about the PM, and if a future statesman and potential PM ???? cannot control himself in his position he should think very seriously about resigning.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, vogie said:

The topic is not about comparing who is the worst misogynist, Corbyn or Trump, although there are certain Corbyn traits that Trump may not even stoop to.

It is about making derogatory remarks in Parliament about the PM, and if a future statesman and potential PM ???? cannot control himself in his position he should think very seriously about resigning.

for now no further comment

than I'd like to register disagreement with your post

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

for now no further comment

than I'd like to register disagreement with your post

Who are you registering your disagreement with, if myself, it is refused. 

I don't know how long you have, but it will never be enough to convince me that Cuddly Corbyn is a good guy. ????

BTW. Notice I didn't have to use foul and profane language like the posters copy and paste offering.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, vogie said:

Who are you registering your disagreement with, if myself, it is refused. 

I don't know how long you have, but it will never be enough to convince me that Cuddly Corbyn is a good guy. ????

BTW. Notice I didn't have to use foul and profane language like the posters copy and paste offering.

my disagreement is related to your bit about derogatory remarks in parliament

18 hours ago, Spidey said:

Not in Parliament you didn't.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

He muttered an aside to a colleague, not a public announcement to parliament.

I'm sure that if all MPs were subjected to lip reading when sat in Parliament, you would hear much worse than that.

If he muttered an aside not meant to be heard or his lips read, he would have covered his mouth with his hand when commenting.

19 hours ago, GarryP said:

https://ipolitics.ca/2011/12/14/the-106-things-you-cant-say-in-parliament/

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Unfortunately, the 106 quotes that were tabled in the link were all openly spoken to parliament, not muttered as asides to colleagues and not intended for public consumption. Apples and oranges.

Edited by Spidey

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Exactly what am I making up? Do the press normally employ lip readers to identify what MPs have said? Can you quote a pervious occasion when this has happened? Don't deny the facts to fit your agenda, a la Trump. It's not edifying.

Who was the lip reader employed by the press on this occasion ?

You seem to be making up that a lip reader was specifically employed for this occasion .

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Unfortunately, the 106 quotes that were tabled in the link were all openly spoken to parliament, not muttered as asides to colleagues and not intended for public consumption. Apples and oranges.

But even Jeremy Corbyns closest aide (in more ways than one) Dianne Abbott has said that if JC had said anything derogative he would have apologised, surely you are not doubting what he said, whether audible or not?

However, shadow home secretary Diane Abbott, a close ally of Mr Corbyn, defended him, suggesting he would have apologised if he had used a derogatory term against Mrs May.

"Pressed on the Radio 4 Today programme whether sorry was the “hardest word” for Mr Corbyn over the row, Ms Abbott said: “Jeremy is a very honest man and if he has anything to say sorry for he will always say sorry.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/andrea-leadsom-rejects-jeremy-corbyns-stupid-woman-denial-a4022611.html

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Who was the lip reader employed by the press on this occasion ?

You seem to be making up that a lip reader was specifically employed for this occasion .

Severeal were used by various media outlets. Interestingly, their opinion was divided on what he actually said.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Severeal were used by various media outlets. Interestingly, their opinion was divided on what he actually said.

Have you any doubts "what he actually said" it would be fair to say that you don't have to be a professional lip reader to come to a conclusion.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Several media outlets all employed lip readers spefically for this occasion to read Corbyns lips to see whether he was going to utter anything derogatory about May ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

Have you any doubts "what he actually said" it would be fair to say that you don't have to be a professional lip reader to come to a conclusion.

I personally think that he said what he's being accused of. I'm just repeating was put forward in a BBC news item.

Edited by Spidey

Just now, sanemax said:

Could you answer the question again then (or just quote the previous answer) ?

TV, for me, is currently almost unusable. I'm certainly not scrolling back through several pages of this topic (probably would take me an hour), to answer what, in my opinion, is a completely irrelevant question.