farang ID card

On 12/28/2018 at 2:21 PM, jackdd said:

I'm quite sure that the "National park department" (or whatever this is called) has the power to set the prices for the national parks. They once defined that Thai citizens pay this and foreigners pay that, this does probably even exist in written form somewhere and then they put up the sign at the national parks accordingly.

So surprisingly the rule are actually perfectly clear, they are just not always followed by the park officials.

Of course i do not agree that foreigners should pay 10 times the Thai price.

But at least this section from the article above was a bit funny:

Not enough visitors? Charge the few remaining visitors more, to make up for the losses, until nobody comes anymore. Typical Thai logic as seen on several other occasions ????

Then there was this article.

"Mr Suwan said he did not believe the increase would affect the overall number of tourists at the park, as fewer than 100 foreigners visited Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park last year."

BTW, is this the type of park that blocks the whole road for 50km from everyone not paying the price? National highway 2331 cannot be entered with out the NP ticket? On google maps it says so as there is a NP gate on highway right at Phu tub boek. In most cases I know about the NP gates are not on the highway but off it. But this case looks similar to Khao Yai 2090, everyone pays to drive through. And both of these charge 500 thb now. How can that be justified?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/465172/phu-hin-rong-kla-national-park-entry-fee-doubled-for-foreigners

1 hour ago, zhangxifu said:

BTW, is this the type of park that blocks the whole road for 50km from everyone not paying the price? National highway 2331 cannot be entered with out the NP ticket? On google maps it says so as there is a NP gate on highway right at Phu tub boek. In most cases I know about the NP gates are not on the highway but off it. But this case looks similar to Khao Yai 2090, everyone pays to drive through. And both of these charge 500 thb now. How can that be justified?

Yes, they are doing this. But i assume that the national park was there first and then they built the road with the rules regarding "when to call a road a highway" not including anything related to "what if the road goes through a national park", so this would somewhow explain the situation.

But this national park sucks anyway, it's basically just this road going through dense jungle so that even the options for hiking will be quite limited (i'm not into hiking so i didn't pay much attention to this) and not much else to see besides some rocks. The area before the nationalpark, where you don't have to pay anything, arround Phu Tubberk is actually way cooler ????

On 1/2/2019 at 6:31 PM, JAG said:

You rather missed the point. She knew I was a teacher. She lives near me. She asked me to talk to the children. 

Well yes, you never mentioned that important information in the last post.

I thought you might be one of those  guys that gets off on being a clown, or a dancing white monkey ???? you know the type who walks around Tesco letting kids throw anything they want in his trolley, saying farang mun ngo.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...