farang ID card

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Free health care

That's wrong

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Open bank account easily

Might help, or maybe not, depends on the branch, definitely not makes it easy, the only document making it easy is a work permit

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Pick-up purchase

I don't see how a pink id card would help here

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1042093-pink-id-card-benefits/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It really does not allow much more that the yellow house book you have to have to get the pink ID card other than being a photo ID.

What about the health care aspect? I've been informed that the ID gives the same rights as the holder's wife at the local hospital

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I am reluctant to say otherwise, but Martin, my ID friend, has already used it, at his local hospital, and obtained help.

But probably paid more than the 30THB (some hospitals don't charge this 30THB) that a Thai would pay

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Myran said:

Might as well use a Thai driver's licence; it's worked for me several times.

Not really sure, I do have car/motorcycle licenses, but my wife has asked me to hand her my Pink Card many times, and I know most places asked for it as well. But again, its easy to get, and to me was worth getting.

Edited by ocddave
  • Like 1

Don't have to carry your passport, I use the ID card instead. It is proof that you are a long-term residence, shows you are legal, The number show BIB what your status is, and is becoming more and more relevant. For 50 baht, you are dealt with prompt in and out within the hour. and does show you are not a tourist and gives you cheap rates, even got my own finance for my new car without needing the wife. It is in my name alone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Another thing you will be able to do is to join the social security scheme, 432 baht per month, giving you access to free hospital/dental care ( I would have to pay 12,000 baht every 3 months for my check up otherwise) and towards a pension pot, only 115 more payments and I am entitled to a monthly pension, or I can take a lump sum.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

To be precise having a pink id card just means that at one point you entered Thailand on a visa other than a tourist visa, could have been for just a few days.

You not even need a visa. You can do this with a tourist visa or a visa excemt stamp.

I made my card with an visa Except that time. You only need the prove of having an Thai address. Rented or own a condo, which you live in.

And as another poster wrote… Yes mostly it helps, when the police will ask you for some ID, but if they want see your passport (for visa verification) then I would say the pink ID card is of no help. As on the card is nothing written about the visa or how long you are able to be in the country.

It is only a confirmation of address!

Edited by HampiK
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A farang pal of mine has just obtained an ID card (pink). He is trying to convince me that is it worth the trouble getting it. Free health care.

No.

Open bank account easily.

Not easily, but maybe easier.

Pick-up purchase.

?

Cuts ice with the BiB.

I don’t see why or how?

Is he right? Or is it just a waste of time!

It’s only really good as ID. There is no real advantage beyond that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you already have a yellow house book it should not be all the hard to get the card.

If you have the yellow book then what difference does this card make? Gossip I was told the pink card was developed for mountain people who did not have a Thai ID card?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It only makes it easier to get the service but it is not free. The ID number is used to get served quicker. You can do the same thing with the yellow house book.

But a lot easier to carry around. 

It's definitely worth the short time spent at your local Amphur to get it and it's free. 

Healthcare is not free with it though. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Gov hospitals now require the Pink ID Card. They need it to recover fees and payments from the Gov if you qualify for free medical care as I do.

I was told the Gov also uses it to track your medical history.

Not at my Gov hospital.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Gov hospitals now require the Pink ID Card. They need it to recover fees and payments from the Gov if you qualify for free medical care as I do.

I was told the Gov also uses it to track your medical history.

Government hospitals are ok with the yellow book, if you have 1 it is acceptable.

• Like 1