NACC defends its ruling over Prawit watch collection

rooster59

35 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Seripisut, a former national police chief, said he will “deal with” the NACC in relation to this matter if he gains political power after the elections.

Interesting. This is the first time I have seen reference to the possibility of miscreants "being dealt with" in the unlikely event of democracy returning to Thailand.

The lickspittles in the NACC are not very high in the little list I sometimes conjure with. I can think of much more prominent candidates who are due for a bit of attitude adjustment with knobs on.

Vengeful and uncharitable on my part? You bet. Bring it on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

Easy way out for them is to explain properly. Were recepits of purchase and dates for the watches found at Prawits friends house? Or nothing amd its all a case of Prawit says this and becayse friend is dead there is no rebuttal?

------->>>>>>Company sale and ownership records matching any receipts held.

Edited by SheungWan

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Insists it followed due process

Due process . . . the country's corruption problem defined in 2 words. For the NACC, it's like saying 'we know we're supposed to be monitoring the most corrupt regime on the planet, but this is how we've been ordered to do the job . . . there is no other or better process in this country . . . yet!' Huw Jones - a Welsh observer, at a guess - had this cretin summed-up and psychoanalised early in his excellent book, 'Thailand's Corruption Time Bomb', that covers the history and widespread scope of corruption in a country that will soon be struggling to hold onto its Land of Smiles nickname.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Easy way out for them is to explain properly. Were recepits of purchase and dates for the watches found at Prawits friends house? Or nothing amd its all a case of Prawit says this and becayse friend is dead there is no rebuttal?

I think the answer to your question is in the OP

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“The NACC was incapable of finding facts about the 25 watches. This is a disgrace for the agency and could end up being a catastrophe for it,” he said. Charnchai, a former Nakhon Nayok MP, accused the NACC of lying to the public by claiming it could not find out who had bought these watches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I think the answer to your question is in the OP

I presumed they must have something otherwise its just so ridiculous they cannot possibly come to the public.... but it seems they have.

Anyone in Thailand who has been convicted using evidence from the NACC should be on the phone to their lawyers seeking the evidence to be inadmissible on the basis that the NACC are not independent and damn right incompetent and more....

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Exactly. Expensive watches have a full history - I think it's called provenance. Shouldn't be too difficult to publish these to prove his innocence (or should that be guilt?). It's a shame that there is no such thing as investigative journalism here as in the west these documents probably would have already been published by the press.

Truly a shame 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Interestingly the PM is keeping tight lipped on this issue which must be very difficult for him. Perhaps he thinks that if he defended him (as would be expected) many people would see the junta and himself for what they really are and express their disgust at the ballot box accordingly. 

I believe the only comment he has made on this, is that this is a personal issue for Prawit.