Poll shows people happy with government’s performance, in favour of Prayut’s return as PM

webfact

Poll shows people happy with government’s performance, in favour of Prayut’s return as PM

Super-Poll.jpg

Thirty-nine percent of more than 2,000 respondents in the latest opinion poll are satisfied with the performance of the Prayut government and the National Council for Peace and Order in peace restoration and in dealing with dark influence and human trafficking.

Most of the respondents also rated Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha as most suitable to be the next premier.

Super Poll Research Office gauged the opinions of 2,437 people during December 10-29 regarding their satisfaction with the performance of the government and the NCPO in the year 2018.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/poll-shows-people-happy-with-governments-performance-in-favour-of-prayuts-return-as-pm/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-12-31

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

So 39% of Prayuts pals said they are in favour of him to return as PM.????

If a genuine poll was held, nobody would want him back, he has done enough damage to Thailand.

The genuine poll will be held in february and I want to bet with you that there are people who vote for him that want him back (Pro Prayut parties). Probably a few million or so nothing like in this poll of course but a lot more as your nobody. 

Very conveniently timed poll, with very surprising results. One could almost be tempted to believe that it is completely fictitious and fabricated by you know who. One hopes that cheating is held back on Feb 24th and we get the true opinion of the populace when it really matters.

6 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Very conveniently timed poll, with very surprising results. One could almost be tempted to believe that it is completely fictitious and fabricated by you know who. One hopes that cheating is held back on Feb 24th and we get the true opinion of the populace when it really matters.

I don't find the results surprising at all, in general Thai polls show what the people who ordered them want them to show and not reality. 

Yes the poll in February will really tell us who wants him back, there will probably be votes for the pro junta parties, but i doubt it comes close to even 50% of what we see here. They probably get a few million votes. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

The genuine poll will be held in february and I want to bet with you that there are people who vote for him that want him back (Pro Prayut parties). Probably a few million or so nothing like in this poll of course but a lot more as your nobody. 

He is not standing for election. He has yet to join any party as a nominated PM candidate. Your bet is therefore irrelevent. Bottom line he lacks fortitude to face the voters. 

"Most of the respondents also rated Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha as most suitable to be the next premier...............Regarding the question about who is most suitable to the next prime minister, the poll shows 23.7 percent for General Prayut;"

Are they using the TAT to put a positive spin on this?

And looking at the figures, not one of them has more than a 50% positive category in any category.

Another publication would analyse tis poll totally differently!

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He is not standing for election. He has yet to join any party as a nominated PM candidate. Your bet is therefore irrelevent. Bottom line he lacks fortitude to face the voters. 

He is not standing election but anyone except you  probably knows that voting for pro junta parties means a vote for Prayut. The bet is not irrelevant your remark is, though I agree with you that he lacks the fortitude to face the voters. 

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

'genuine' eh?  only he has been allowed to stage rallies, hold meetings and cosy dinners

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

'genuine' eh?  only he has been allowed to stage rallies, hold meetings and cosy dinners

A lot more genuine then this poll, you should learn to read things in context. We were not discussing how fair the election is with parties having only limited ways of promoting themselves while others have not. Still it will be lots more genuine then this poll who like so many other Thai polls just reflect what those who ordered them want to see.

58 minutes ago, colinneil said:

So 39% of Prayuts pals said they are in favour of him to return as PM.????

If a genuine poll was held, nobody would want him back, he has done enough damage to Thailand.

It's a bit difficult to to make head or tail out of the story. The 39% figure seems to relate more to people's satisfaction with the government in solving "dark" influences and human trafficking problems, to quote:

"The poll shows that 39 percent of the respondents were satisfied with the efforts in solving dark influence problem and in restoring peace in the country"

Which is not quite same as what the all consuming headline is saying which is:

"Poll shows people happy with government’s performance".

Satisfaction percentage ratings in their 30's do not indicate favourable recognition of performance no matter how much spin the government would like to put on it.

Only 23.7 people say that Prayut is suitable to be Prime Minister (76.3% unsuitable?) and that has been with the benefit of incumbency and 4+ years of grandstanding, a long head start in the election race and unlimited populist taxpayer money to throw around. And after all that advantage his opponents are still only a few percentage points behind him. 

The darkest influence of all, is coming from this administration. I believe in an objective poll, Prayuth would get far less support. From what I can tell, he is universally despised by the vast majority of Thais, who have found him incompetent, and arrogant. Get out, get out now. You are not wanted. You are not liked, and you do not represent your people.

44 minutes ago, robblok said:

He is not standing election but anyone except you  probably knows that voting for pro junta parties means a vote for Prayut. The bet is not irrelevant your remark is, though I agree with you that he lacks the fortitude to face the voters. 

Isn’t illegal in the organic law when a non party member can influence the party Rob. 

39 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

he doesn't need to represent them

just defend them against themselves

While ever there is half a chance for personal/monetary gain, this clown will have followers regardless of ideology, if that even exists!

Khun Prayut has done a good job, stopped the killing, made inroads into corruption which is so entrenched in this society, trying to reign that in where he could, spent money on infrastructure,  roads have improved , GDP has continued its small growth, the baht is strong, so many more things to do, played the game well and if he is re-elected then one could say he learnt on the job very well.

The 39% of Thais who support this 'government' must be drooling, lobotomised idiots.

Or else the poll is a fraud - 

AS WILL BE THE 'RESULT' OF THE ELUSIVE 'ELECTION' (wait and see; and after that cooked-up result is announced next year, even a number of long-suffering Thais will take to the streets in protest ...).

32 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Isn’t illegal in the organic law when a non party member can influence the party Rob. 

As far as I know its illegal, but I think both Prayut and Thaksin wont be punished for it. Unless of course you think they don't BOTH influence their parties. Would be nice to see both punished with dissolved of all the parties they influence. I am all for equal justice, but I am sure you will come up with something to exclude Thaksin. But I think it would be a hard case to make for both. 

Not that I have much faith in the Thai justice system that Prayut would have an advantage but even the disadvantaged Thaksin would be hard to prove as knowing something and proving it in court are 2 different things. 

Archived