Poll shows people happy with government’s performance, in favour of Prayut’s return as PM

webfact

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Oh and I missed your country is saved remark. Even IF that happens, they NCPO is still calling the shots, or did you completely forget about the 250 NCPO appointed senators and the 20 year roadmap ? Even if "Prayuth Party" receives only a few votes, the country is far from being saved. 

Yes seems everyone missed my point so your not alone. I was not endorsing him in any of my posts here. My only remark was that he will get more as zero votes (technically your right nobody votes for him).

I made remarks on how i did not believe this poll guess you missed that too. All my posts were full anti Prayut here. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, robblok said:

Yes seems everyone missed my point so your not alone. I was not endorsing him in any of my posts here. My only remark was that he will get more as zero votes (technically your right nobody votes for him).

I made remarks on how i did not believe this poll guess you missed that too. All my posts were full anti Prayut here. 

Oh, I do not think you are pro Prayuth. Of course he will get more than zero votes, in fact I am sure he will get a lot more votes than everyone would think possible. 

remember, unlevel playing ground, no observers, he needs 26% and he will most likely succeed. ONLY IF he does not cheat will he go under in a spectacular way, and that's exactly why he is going to cheat, he won't stand the loss of face. 

Oh, I do not think you are pro Prayuth. Of course he will get more than zero votes, in fact I am sure he will get a lot more votes than everyone would think possible. 

remember, unlevel playing ground, no observers, he needs 26% and he will most likely succeed. ONLY IF he does not cheat will he go under in a spectacular way, and that's exactly why he is going to cheat, he won't stand the loss of face. 

The elephant in the room is the whole thai population that still even today do not protest. It would be in their interest to start a move NOW.

If the vote is rigged it will be enough to get over the line. If it's a landslide which I believe it will be there will be a lot of TV posters with egg on their face.

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

The elephant in the room is the whole thai population that still even today do not protest. It would be in their interest to start a move NOW.

If the vote is rigged it will be enough to get over the line. If it's a landslide which I believe it will be there will be a lot of TV posters with egg on their face.

“Why they do not protest”. This news article is one of the many reported intimidations that answer your question.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/02/thailand-protesters-demand-national-elections-180210140026958.html

22 minutes ago, madmen said:

why ? first give us free and fair elections without the junta trying to gain an unfair advantage, then secondly, let him have the guts to run for office, not trying to become PM with the help of 250 senators which he himself appointed. The way things have been stacked, no-one should have egg on their face, this is all a show ensuring Prayuth can maintain his rule on the country. He seems to think it will add legitimacy to his rule. many others know better. 

If there even is hatred in the heartland of the democrats, me thinks that landslide is a pipe dream, unless he cheats. Why disregard a few decades of voting history, people believing he would become PM on his own merites are dreaming, I will say this, if Thaksin's son would run, he would thourougly trash Prayut in free and fair elections, that much is absolutely certain. But we are not getting free and fair election, that much is also absolutely certain. So why pretend ?

Oh and people staging a coup would not rig an election because it would be going over the line ? They crossed that line already 4.5 years ago !

You seem to be forgetting that this big elephant never asked Prayuth to take care of things, he was shoved down their throats by the barrel of the gun. And with all kinds of limitations to various freedoms they before enjoyed. Not many dicators win elections, at least not without cheating. This case is no difference. 

why ? first give us free and fair elections without the junta trying to gain an unfair advantage, then secondly, let him have the guts to run for office, not trying to become PM with the help of 250 senators which he himself appointed. The way things have been stacked, no-one should have egg on their face, this is all a show ensuring Prayuth can maintain his rule on the country. He seems to think it will add legitimacy to his rule. many others know better. 

If there even is hatred in the heartland of the democrats, me thinks that landslide is a pipe dream, unless he cheats. Why disregard a few decades of voting history, people believing he would become PM on his own merites are dreaming, I will say this, if Thaksin's son would run, he would thourougly trash Prayut in free and fair elections, that much is absolutely certain. But we are not getting free and fair election, that much is also absolutely certain. So why pretend ?

Oh and people staging a coup would not rig an election because it would be going over the line ? They crossed that line already 4.5 years ago !

You seem to be forgetting that this big elephant never asked Prayuth to take care of things, he was shoved down their throats by the barrel of the gun. And with all kinds of limitations to various freedoms they before enjoyed. Not many dicators win elections, at least not without cheating. This case is no difference. 
I stand by my post. Rigged elections DO NOT win by a landslide
I believe there wil be a landslide. The Thais like this guy!
Time Will tell. I rest my case

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

I stand by my post. Rigged elections DO NOT win by a landslide
I believe there wil be a landslide. The Thais like this guy!
Time Will tell. I rest my case

Ok, I doubt there are enough Thai that like him, most I know loathe the guy. Which is natural, dictators haven't been populair anywhere. If he really was so confident as you, he wouldn't have tried to gain an unfair advantage in plain view. I think you should take of your rose tinted glasses. 

Ok, I doubt there are enough Thai that like him, most I know loathe the guy. Which is natural, dictators haven't been populair anywhere. If he really was so confident as you, he wouldn't have tried to gain an unfair advantage in plain view. I think you should take of your rose tinted glasses. 
By showing his cards for the last 4 years he is also at a disadvantage. His governing style is under the spot light. Fact is he didn't do to bad while learning on the job. Certainly no worse than his predecessors

Dictator? By the text book definition sure but this was the softest coup in history. In fact nobody would even know its a coup. Just ask the 80 million tourists over the last 4 years

Modern history has shown that when people take to the streets oppressive regimes have been toppled

What happen in Thailand? Zip zero and you guys don't get it. The Thais I know including the GF's staff of 20 are more than content

Wait for the landslide.. Wait for it..

2 hours ago, madmen said:

By showing his cards for the last 4 years he is also at a disadvantage. His governing style is under the spot light. Fact is he didn't do to bad while learning on the job. Certainly no worse than his predecessors

Dictator? By the text book definition sure but this was the softest coup in history. In fact nobody would even know its a coup. Just ask the 80 million tourists over the last 4 years

Modern history has shown that when people take to the streets oppressive regimes have been toppled

What happen in Thailand? Zip zero and you guys don't get it. The Thais I know including the GF's staff of 20 are more than content

Wait for the landslide.. Wait for it..

A soft coup ? Maybe in your little dream world. Maybe asked the thousands of people that have been brought in for a "attitude adjustment" or the people that got in trouble for liking facebook posts. Maybe you shouldn't make any predictions on those elections, as you quite clearly show you have absolutely no idea what is happening inside of Thailand, nor do you have any idea how Thai people might feel about the matter. 

The previous coup not only was much softer, they actually returned democracy to Thailand within about 14 months, instead of over four years, without the blatant restrictions on liberties that many people the world over take for granted. 

Do not make the mistake to project how Thai people might feel on your own small world. I know Thais from all over the country, even very dedicated Thaksin haters, and even they will not vote Prayuth in, because of his actions. If such people feel let down by him, what do you think will happen to the people that never supported him? The 20 people that you know do not represent the rest of Thailand. And the actions of Prayuth clearly indicates he is very doubtful about that landslide. 

The only way he can become PM is by  cheating, and that's what he is busy doing. Just a few people refuse to see it. 

As to his achievements, there is ample evidence, that he managed to be much worse than previous administrations. No wonder Thailand's reserves are depleted. He has shown to be the same as all those military regimes the world over, Utter incompetent and decrimental to the economy, 

under his regime, the difference between rich and poor have skyrocketed, so has inflation. People are economically worse off than five years ago, and that is exactly why he will not win by a landslide, unless of course he cheats. 

A soft coup ? Maybe in your little dream world. Maybe asked the thousands of people that have been brought in for a "attitude adjustment" or the people that got in trouble for liking facebook posts. Maybe you shouldn't make any predictions on those elections, as you quite clearly show you have absolutely no idea what is happening inside of Thailand, nor do you have any idea how Thai people might feel about the matter. 

The previous coup not only was much softer, they actually returned democracy to Thailand within about 14 months, instead of over four years, without the blatant restrictions on liberties that many people the world over take for granted. 

Do not make the mistake to project how Thai people might feel on your own small world. I know Thais from all over the country, even very dedicated Thaksin haters, and even they will not vote Prayuth in, because of his actions. If such people feel let down by him, what do you think will happen to the people that never supported him? The 20 people that you know do not represent the rest of Thailand. And the actions of Prayuth clearly indicates he is very doubtful about that landslide. 

The only way he can become PM is by  cheating, and that's what he is busy doing. Just a few people refuse to see it. 

As to his achievements, there is ample evidence, that he managed to be much worse than previous administrations. No wonder Thailand's reserves are depleted. He has shown to be the same as all those military regimes the world over, Utter incompetent and decrimental to the economy, 

under his regime, the difference between rich and poor have skyrocketed, so has inflation. People are economically worse off than five years ago, and that is exactly why he will not win by a landslide, unless of course he cheats. 
It was soft in regards to loss of life. Thailand needed stability, it was sliding towards civil war for over a decade.

4 years was perfect and here we are about to enter democracy and 60 million thais can't be wrong or are 28 hard-core TV posters right?

I'm with the thai people and have numbers on my side.

Wait for the land slide.... Wait... For.... It [emoji106]

It was soft in regards to loss of life. Thailand needed stability, it was sliding towards civil war for over a decade.

4 years was perfect and here we are about to enter democracy and 60 million thais can't be wrong or are 28 hard-core TV posters right?

Wait for the land slide.... Wait... For.... It [emoji106]

Oh come on. Civil war! Now your 'big joke'. The only reason for all the unrest was so the b.i.g could legimately removed big T and stop his manipulation of little K.

*Sensitive subject so have to talk in riddules.

All those who've been in Los for a while know the score. Obviously you don't.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Oh come on. Civil war! Now your 'big joke'. The only reason for all the unrest was so the b.i.g could legimately removed big T and stop his manipulation of little K.

*Sensitive subject so have to talk in riddules.

All those who've been in Los for a while know the score. Obviously you don't.

I guess your a Newby here and missed bangkok burning [emoji91]

Google is your friend.

The country is always on the edge. Why? Because they do not know how to respect democracy and doubt they ever will.

More coups around the corner sooner or later. With Prayut at the helm though that may be unlikely for the next decade

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

I guess your a Newby here and missed bangkok burning emoji91.png

Google is your friend.

The country is always on the edge. Why? Because they do not know how to respect democracy and doubt they ever will.

More coups around the corner sooner or later. With Prayut at the helm though that may be unlikely for the next decade

I see where your confusion lays. Civil war is a war between citizens of the same country. Bangkok burning was a aftermath of military brutality. There were no fighting between citizens. 

I see where your confusion lays. Civil war is a war between citizens of the same country. Bangkok burning was a aftermath of military brutality. There were no fighting between citizens. 

No fighting between red and yellow shirts?
They are not citizens?

Thailand will always need a firm hand. They will always need a coup. This will be the way for decades to come and farang need to accept it as the last 4 years show the Thais most certainly do accept it.

28 minutes ago, madmen said:

Wait for the land slide.... Wait... For.... It emoji106.png

But those 60 million Thais (or a little less) never voted Prayuth in, they voted Thaksin in, consistently I might add. It is not me who ignored the Thai it was Prayuth. Trust me when I say this, if there is a landslide, it won't be for Prayuth, unless he cheats. Do people like you never learn from history ? The numbers are not on your side, they are on the side of democracy, as they have shown consistently for over two decades. Prayuth does not stand a chance at the ballot box, hence him create his own little backdoor and hence his attempts to gain an unfair advantage. It will not help him, unless he cheats or uses article 44 to ignore the results. 

1 minute ago, madmen said:

They are not citizens?

Thailand will always need a firm hand. They will always need a coup. This will be the way for decades to come and farang need to accept it as the last 4 years show the Thais most certainly do accept it.

No they don't need a coup. A coup is a disgraceful act of ignore the will of the people. You sir should be ashamed I sincerely hope you do not live here. If you do, I personally think immigrants advocating coups in their country of choice, to be the worst immigrants a country could get. 

32 minutes ago, madmen said:

No it was not. And recycling the same old flapdoodle will not make it any truer today than it was in 2014.

1 minute ago, baboon said:

No it was not. And recycling the same old flapdoodle will not make it any truer today than it was in 2014.

Not to mention the fact that stability hasn't really been provided. It's all just a show. The longer this will drag on, the more dramatic will be the costs of change, and that change will come, And there is no room for Paryuth, other than in jail, where he belongs. 

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Not to mention the fact that stability hasn't really been provided. It's all just a show. The longer this will drag on, the more dramatic will be the costs of change, and that change will come, And there is no room for Paryuth, other than in jail, where he belongs. 

With respect - and I do mean that - Prayuth is a symptom not the cause. Should he be found dead tomorrow having somehow inhaled a pricey wristwatch, the show would go on as ever...

10 minutes ago, baboon said:

With respect - and I do mean that - Prayuth is a symptom not the cause. Should he be found dead tomorrow having somehow inhaled a pricey wristwatch, the show would go on as ever...

Sure, maybe I should not have mentioned him, but the people behind him. 

55 minutes ago, madmen said:

They are not citizens?

If applying this approach then half of European countries

should have a coup only in the last few years.

Do the French do not need a firm hand today ?

I guess your a Newby here and missed bangkok burning [emoji91]

Google is your friend.

Google is your friend?

Huh! It's a left wing, George Soros funded, liberal propoganda machine. As is FB and twitter. If you want to research unbias news then why not give Russia Today news channel a looksy.

As for the 'on the edge' remark. Ha, ha, ha. What utter nonsense. It's laid back and communiy harmony is world renowned. Friendlist people on the planet.

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

The last coup did not happen after the burning of BKK, it happend after violence between 2 sides red and yellow. It notabily started with grenades thrown from a shop and was caught on video. All the red supporters here called it a false flag operation and came with pictures of military guys who looked like him. Guess what a week ago this guy was arrested there was a topic on Thaivisa that you wisely steered clear of you. With him admitting to being a redshirt and attacking the yellows out of anger.  (never heard any of those hardcore pro red posters saying they were wrong about the false flag). 

It was horrible the yellows were told by master criminal Charlem that he could not protect them and they should stop. Meanwhile he could not find anyone who did it (of course not why go after your own and get egg on your face). It was only after the army helped red shirts were caught and this guy was the latest one. So maybe this refreshes your memory there was definitely violence going on with the worst of it in Trad where kids were killed and the attack (before they knew kids died but they did know about other victims) cheered for on a big red shirt meeting. Only after Tida realised that this was bad for the image did they stop the cheering (others might say she was anti violence IMHO she was just smart knowing how this could be used against them).

So there was definitely violence and a problem, most people like me who supported a coup like the previous one who was a lot faster and softer. By admission of pro red posters here in this topic. I definitely made a mistake supporting the coup as it was not the same as the previous one and the crooks in the junta were stealing as much as the crooks of the PTP.

29 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Most Thai people I know are ok with him staying.

The Thais that I know don't really care much for him but don't care much about others either. Most are resigned that whoever will be in power will be a crook anyway in it for their own needs. I have slowly come to that point too where I no longer care and see Thailand as a kleptocracy not democracy. Nothing will really change until there are honest candidates and people vote for them.

As long as there is so much money to be made from the corruption when in goverment the violence to come to power by any means will stay. So in a way it will be a vicious circle until honest people are selected who clean up the mess with real intentions against corruption. Once that is done (in a distant future) the crooks from now will lose their interest in being in government as there is no or a lot less money to be made. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:59 AM, darksidedog said:

Very conveniently timed poll, with very surprising results. One could almost be tempted to believe that it is completely fictitious and fabricated by you know who. One hopes that cheating is held back on Feb 24th and we get the true opinion of the populace when it really matters.

Gonna be difficult to know what with rigged results and all :sleep:

23 hours ago, doctormann said:

Two things that you must always ask about opinion polls:

1. Who paid for the poll?

2 Who did they ask?

And what 'incentives' passed hands to encourage voting in a certain colour / direction?

Archived