Poll shows people happy with government’s performance, in favour of Prayut’s return as PM

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/31/2018 at 9:43 AM, colinneil said:

So 39% of Prayuts pals said they are in favour of him to return as PM.????

If a genuine poll was held, nobody would want him back, he has done enough damage to Thailand.

And that was just a poll of army generals!!????????????????????????

10 hours ago, madmen said:

No fighting between red and yellow shirts?
They are not citizens?

Thailand will always need a firm hand. They will always need a coup. This will be the way for decades to come and farang need to accept it as the last 4 years show the Thais most certainly do accept it.

A pretty sad post, madmen, but sadder still is your forecast for the future . . . that I fear may be justified.

1 hour ago, Dap said:

Gonna be difficult to know what with rigged results and all :sleep:

To be fair, Dap, since the election hasn't happened yet, you can hardly talk about rigged results. What was rigged, of course, was the one-sided popularity campaign with the many remote cabinets and welfare give-aways. Come to think of it, you're probably right . . . the election probably will be rigged.

On 12/30/2018 at 9:43 PM, colinneil said:

So 39% of Prayuts pals said they are in favour of him to return as PM.????

If a genuine poll was held, nobody would want him back, he has done enough damage to Thailand.

Only if Thailand is "lucky enough" to have a free and fair election. Other than a free and fair election you make polls say whatever you want so putting any confidence in poll would be foolish at best.

The poll is accurate. What we are witnessing on this thread is the backtracking of posters who only now realize they complety misread the thai public. 4 years of wasted posts

Can a farang lose face? Apparently so because now they are crying rigged elections BEFORE they even start rather than admit they got it wrong... Face saved

On 12/31/2018 at 10:27 AM, robblok said:

Thai polls just reflect what those who ordered them want to see. 

On 12/31/2018 at 10:27 AM, robblok said:

A lot more genuine then this poll, you should learn to read things in context. We were not discussing how fair the election is with parties having only limited ways of promoting themselves while others have not. Still it will be lots more genuine then this poll who like so many other Thai polls just reflect what those who ordered them want to see.

that's not how it works with polls order byt the majority of so called "democracies"???? 

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

that's not how it works with polls order byt the majority of so called "democracies"???? 

Thai polls have actually always worked this way also when Thailand was a democracy (i think it has always been a kleptocracy). So it just works different here that is why i would not call Thailand anything else then a kleptocracy. 

6 hours ago, Ossy said:

A pretty sad post, madmen, but sadder still is your forecast for the future . . . that I fear may be justified.

Been of this nature for decades.

Some newbie pundits find these affairs to be relevant, as they consider all this to be new and fresh within their consciousness, as if they've just discovered it. 

It's old news. 

It is what it is.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Thai polls have actually always worked this way also when Thailand was a democracy (i think it has always been a kleptocracy). So it just works different here that is why i would not call Thailand anything else then a kleptocracy. 

Or, any slighted Oligarchy/Plutocracy. 

Same as all of the world truly functions.

Reality. 

7 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Or, any slighted Oligarchy/Plutocracy. 

Same as all of the world truly functions.

Reality. 

All those fancy words like oligarchy, plutocracy and kleptocracy. None really fit Thailand. Used too conveniently and those trying to justify military dominance. The elites/military is the cause of Thailand’s long suffering and woes. Stop blaming democracy even if it’s weak. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:58 AM, ted4647 said:

Problem is the"people'  have no clue who to vote for,just endless twaddle from a tin pot leader

And that is the absolute truth. I remember the day of the coup in 2014 we were all called into school anyway. At a staff meeting, the school head [this was a private school] said that the previous coup was not successful enough but this one will be the best.

This PM is here to stay and all the backdoor wranglings have been carried out to ensure this happens.

52 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

All those fancy words like oligarchy, plutocracy and kleptocracy. None really fit Thailand. Used too conveniently and those trying to justify military dominance. The elites/military is the cause of Thailand’s long suffering and woes. Stop blaming democracy even if it’s weak. 

Fair enough. Moreover, the Thai version is oddly paradoxical.

Everyday Thai classes have always enjoyed much more everyday freedoms, independence, self-sufficiency than of their Western counterparts [which are the usual comparatives], yet placed in that imagined suppressed category - regardless of what's politically practiced. Seems as most intelligent folks are incapable of digesting such realities and promote their predictable and fanciful agendas. 

The poll is accurate. What we are witnessing on this thread is the backtracking of posters who only now realize they complety misread the thai public. 4 years of wasted posts

Can a farang lose face? Apparently so because now they are crying rigged elections BEFORE they even start rather than admit they got it wrong... Face saved

I think the one that is wrong is you. 39% is hardly a convincing figure, it means 61% do not like him to return. The real figure will most likely be even more devastating for the dictator

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Ossy said:

To be fair, Dap, since the election hasn't happened yet, you can hardly talk about rigged results. What was rigged, of course, was the one-sided popularity campaign with the many remote cabinets and welfare give-aways. Come to think of it, you're probably right . . . the election probably will be rigged.

Speaking of which, it was announced [today] that the official coronation will take place the first week in May [5th/6th?] 

So....if the so called elections go on as scheduled in February and any such official act is not sanctioned and blessed from the royal house, is all this ballyhooed activity become nil and void? 

Just wondering.

I think the one that is wrong is you. 39% is hardly a convincing figure, it means 61% do not like him to return. The real figure will most likely be even more devastating for the dictator

Not true. The balance could be fence sitters or just didn't answer.

It's common sense. The poll reflects the Thais lack of protest against Prayut over 4 years.

Now if there were mass protests in the tens of thousands and the poll said he is popular then of course it's false. But did that happen? That's rhetorical [emoji106]

7 hours ago, madmen said:

It's common sense. The poll reflects the Thais lack of protest against Prayut over 4 years.

Now if there were mass protests in the tens of thousands and the poll said he is popular then of course it's false. But did that happen? That's rhetorical emoji106.png

Thaksin is playing the long game. He could have called for such protests at anytime and they would have happened. Add him to a survey against the dictator and he blows the Green leader out of the water. 

43 minutes ago, pegman said:

Thaksin is playing the long game. He could have called for such protests at anytime and they would have happened. Add him to a survey against the dictator and he blows the Green leader out of the water. 

I believe the Shinawatras will continue to be an invented irritant for some time to come....eventually making there way back onto the political scene - more chaotic fun.

Now if there were mass protests in the tens of thousands and the poll said he is popular then of course it's false. But did that happen? That's rhetorical [emoji106]
So you really believe a poll under just less than 3000 people is representative? . Common sense is to not disregard 20 years of real polls, the one where Thaksin or his proxies won by a landslide.

By the way I was wrong, the percentage that wants Prayuth isn't 39% it is a measly 26%

Unless he cheats the one with egg on your face will be you....

I suspect the poll is accurate...  but I think it also distorts the true comparatives..  the current government has the marked advantage of being able to effectively side-step the traditional democratic/procedural process and invoke to so-called Article 9 conditions.

so.. when it comes to issues that for past governments has been a difficult fix - like human rights, etc.. they didn’t have the option/benefit of an Article 9 type solution, and had to go through the normal governmental processes... which depending on situation and government composition may take longer in time and may also require compromise to opposing party sectors of the legislative body.

Does this make any comparison impossible?  No.. but I do think that if you really want to compare one to the other, a more equitable scorecard should be used.

Archived