Poll shows people happy with government’s performance, in favour of Prayut’s return as PM

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, leeneeds said:

Khun Prayut has done a good job, stopped the killing, made inroads into corruption which is so entrenched in this society, trying to reign that in where he could, spent money on infrastructure,  roads have improved , GDP has continued its small growth, the baht is strong, so many more things to do, played the game well and if he is re-elected then one could say he learnt on the job very well.

What the hell are you waffling on about?

stopped the killing,

Not in the South he hasn't.

As bad as ever.

And that's proper soldiers actually in a soldier-ry type enviroment. Being shot at by insurgents.

Not arresting students for holding one too many fingers up.

made inroads into corruption

You are having a laugh are'nt you?

Please tell me you are not serious and you have a bit more intelligence to see thru all this?

There are ZERO checks & balances currently. ZERO.

How much is being creamed on the current military hardware purchases?

spent money on infrastructure

See above.

Cream a %age off every contract. No prying eyes and ears.

roads have improved

Out in the sticks here, the B roads are in their worst state in 15 years of living here.

God give me strength with some of the poster's thoughts on the current affairs of this wonderful country being governed by comfortably the worst, least honest, most corrupt imbeciles since the last bunch of generals.

3 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Out in the sticks here, the B roads are in their worst state in 15 years of living here.

God give me strength with some of the poster's thoughts on the current affairs of this wonderful country being governed by comfortably the worst, least honest, most corrupt imbeciles since the last bunch of generals.

Guess it depends where you live here on the outskirts of BKK (actually Nothaburi province) less flooding since YL (easy to do) and better roads, now a BTS so here in my area people would have seen progress. 

I guess it really depends where you live.

Not going to contest your other points and of course the extra infrastructure results in kickbacks.. it always has and will do so in the future unless they start voting for honest people.

50 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

What the hell are you waffling on about?

Not in the South he hasn't.

As bad as ever.

And that's proper soldiers actually in a soldier-ry type enviroment. Being shot at by insurgents.

Not arresting students for holding one too many fingers up.

You are having a laugh are'nt you?

Please tell me you are not serious and you have a bit more intelligence to see thru all this?

There are ZERO checks & balances currently. ZERO.

How much is being creamed on the current military hardware purchases?

See above.

Cream a %age off every contract. No prying eyes and ears.

I can only speak for my area. The removal of street stalls and the corrupt people who benefited is anti corruption not pro

The ripped up my soi from top to bottom and new concrete now and installed massive drain pipes and drains are spaces every 10 meters both sides of the soi ZERO flooding now . They have done exactly the same on sois either side as they work their way up lower suk. 

Of course they are starting in the most visible areas with the highest tourism. 

Why on earth would you think they will bother with the sticks? You chose there cause it's cheap. You should have thought it through 

1 minute ago, marqus12 said:

From what I know even bar girls opinions about the current

government is .. to put it mildly...unfavorable.

????????????

LOL,  basing your opinion on what a bar girl says about Thai politics...

It doesn't get scarier than that...

57 minutes ago, robblok said:

Guess it depends where you live here on the outskirts of BKK (actually Nothaburi province) less flooding since YL (easy to do) and better roads, now a BTS so here in my area people would have seen progress. 

I guess it really depends where you live.

Not going to contest your other points and of course the extra infrastructure results in kickbacks.. it always has and will do so in the future unless they start voting for honest people.

Isaan is better as well although some are in denial.

The 24 road from Korat to Ubon is now duelled - promised under successive Thaksin governments but never happened. Funding for road building in Buriram has been significant with many new dual carriageway roads and improvements to rural roads.  The quality will always be shit because of the corruption factor - but, don't doubt that improvements have been made.

Anyone in denial about investment in the road structure should take a look around the outskirts of Pattaya.

34 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why on earth would you think they will bother with the sticks? You chose there cause it's cheap. You should have thought it through 

Why not?

Ah i forgot, the peasants come last. Especially the Red ones.

I chose the sticks 'cos i don't wish to live in a city. Any city.

Dig?

1 hour ago, marqus12 said:

Me think you underestimate their voting power

Me thinks you over value their opinion - and their electoral contribution. 

The fact that most are from Isaan probably pre-determines their voting preference........... although all will take money from both sides as usual.

11 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The fact that most are from Isaan probably pre-determines their voting preference.

This is a feudal society,

the Laos ethnic people will vote for the Laos ethnic candidates (as always).

the Siam people will vote for the Bangkok elite candidates (as always).

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Most of the respondents also rated Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha as most suitable to be the next premier.

Maybe these evidently blind, deaf and dumb respondents need to read Huw Jones's recent offering, 'Thailand's Corruption Time Bomb' (on Amazon) which paints a sobering picture of the corruption within the Prayuth family, itself, let alone the graft-ridden NCPO. This poll result is an utter fallacy, issued for nothing more than stirring debate. Well done, Superpoll, you've certainly managed that, but please advise the respondents in question that, if these verdicts were their true feelings, they ought to see their shrinks . . . Prayuth has a good one we're told.

7 minutes ago, Ossy said:

Maybe these evidently blind, deaf and dumb respondents need to read Huw Jones's recent offering, 'Thailand's Corruption Time Bomb' (on Amazon) which paints a sobering picture of the corruption within the Prayuth family, itself, let alone the graft-ridden NCPO. This poll result is an utter fallacy, issued for nothing more than stirring debate. Well done, Superpoll, you've certainly managed that, but please advise the respondents in question that, if these verdicts were their true feelings, they ought to see their shrinks . . . Prayuth has a good one we're told.

Yet there are some here still praise and justify him for better roads. Small minds appreciating the superficial while the core rots and country suffer. 

48 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Me thinks you over value their opinion - and their electoral contribution. 

The fact is one ... in Thailand democratic elections are won

by those on whom the bar girls vote... not those on which

their clients vote...

The esteemed poster comments on people's satisfaction with Prayuth, regarding him having . . .

4 hours ago, leeneeds said:

. . . . made inroads into corruption . . .

The obvious reason for this is that Prayuth has been the senior driver of the 'Corruption Express'.

19 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Yet there are some here still praise and justify him for better roads. Small minds appreciating the superficial while the core rots and country suffer.

Absolutely EL and re the roads, most if not all of the works carried out since the coup will have been programmed years earlier. Your 'rotting core' simile is frighteningly apt, too.

1 hour ago, marqus12 said:

The fact is one ... in Thailand democratic elections are won

by those on whom the bar girls vote... not those on which

their clients vote...

You do know that working girls have more Thai customers than Farangs..... ?

8 hours ago, robblok said:

The genuine poll will be held in february and I want to bet with you that there are people who vote for him that want him back (Pro Prayut parties). Probably a few million or so nothing like in this poll of course but a lot more as your nobody. 

Sure Rob. SO far no-one ever voted for him, and as things stand no-one ever will, as he lacks the guts to actually participate in the elections. His route to PM is a route created especially for him, and did not exist before he illegally took power. If the election is not tampered with, he won't stand a chance going that route. 

6 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Sure Rob. SO far no-one ever voted for him, and as things stand no-one ever will, as he lacks the guts to actually participate in the elections. His route to PM is a route created especially for him, and did not exist before he illegally took power. If the election is not tampered with, he won't stand a chance going that route. 

Sjaak everyone knows that a vote for the pro junta parties is a vote for Prayut even if he does not actually run. So i would see that as votes for him. I said a couple of million votes do you really think they won't get a couple of million votes ? Care to take a wager on it. 

I don't want him as a PM but its foolish to think the Pro junta parties or pro army parties whatever you call them won't get a  couple of million votes. That is far less than the PTP and sister parties or other parties. 

Your so blind with anti Prayut hatred that you did not even see that i was posting against him, a couple of million votes is nothing in a country where there are around 26 million votes.  That is less then 10 percent, if that is what they get then the country is saved as they won't have enough backing to put him in power then. So you should not have to worry about anything but in other posts you said that the pro junta votes plus the senators would be a problem.

So your contradicting yourself because they need a lot more than 10% of the normal seats to have enough to get him to be PM even including the senators. 

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sjaak everyone knows that a vote for the pro junta parties is a vote for Prayut even if he does not actually run. So i would see that as votes for him. I said a couple of million votes do you really think they won't get a couple of million votes ? Care to take a wager on it. 

I don't want him as a PM but its foolish to think the Pro junta parties or pro army parties whatever you call them won't get a  couple of million votes. That is far less than the PTP and sister parties or other parties. 

Your so blind with anti Prayut hatred that you did not even see that i was posting against him, a couple of million votes is nothing in a country where there are around 26 million votes.  That is less then 10 percent, if that is what they get then the country is saved as they won't have enough backing to put him in power then. So you should not have to worry about anything but in other posts you said that the pro junta votes plus the senators would be a problem.

So your contradicting yourself because they need a lot more than 10% of the normal seats to have enough to get him to be PM even including the senators. 

A couple of million won't be enough to secure the PM post. I am anything but blind Rob, all I said are verifiable facts. He isn't some politician running for office, he is a criminal that took power at gun point. 

You are trying to bite my head off here, again I am all but convinced the election will be fair and free. I am convinced they are going to rigg hem. Why  don't they allow independent foreign observers Rob ? Thailand has done so in all of the general election of this century and a few in the last century, now all of a sudden, they aren't welcome. I know the reason why, you are the one that is blind. And to be honest, after 4.5 years of junta antics, you still believe they wouldn't try to pull a stunt like rigging the elections ? After all they have done, more in less in plain sight, really Rob ? When do you wake up ?

I do not hate Prayuth, in fact, I find his antics extremely funny I am just judging him from his actions, actions that make Thaksin Shinawatra look like a sweet toddler in comparison. 

They have done almost everything possible to gain an unfair advantage, right up to wasting tax payer money (without a mandate) to outright buy people's vote, using a program named after the political party that is openly supporting Prayuth and that has not been subjected to the same restrictions as all of the other parties, in plain sight Rob, not even secretly. 

Even now political parties are not completely free to campaingn as they see fit. With veiled threats of national security and peace. What is the point of the coming elections if they aren't free and fair and when there is no level playing ground ?

The elections are there not to return democracy to Thailand but to legitimize Prayuth's rule. Nothing more and nothing less.

I hope they won't get away with it, as I see them for what they really are, in fact, many people see the elections for what they really are, just a handful of people are fooled in that these election really matter. 

As to the 10% PM's, this outsider PM route, ensures Prayuth only needs 26% of PM's. who mentioned democracy and Thailand again ?

25 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh and I missed your country is saved remark. Even IF that happens, the NCPO is still calling the shots, or did you completely forget about the 250 NCPO appointed senators and the 20 year roadmap ? Even if "Prayuth Party" receives only a few votes, the country is far from being saved. 

The elections are just for show. Real power will not be transferred to whoever wins those elections, unless of course the winner is called Prayuth, via his self created backdoor.

8 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

A couple of million won't be enough to secure the PM post. I am anything but blind Rob, all I said are verifiable facts. He isn't some politician running for office, he is a criminal that took power at gun point. 

You are trying to bite my head off here, again I am all but convinced the election will be fair and free. I am convinced they are going to rigg hem. Why  don't they allow independent foreign observers Rob ? Thailand has done so in all of the general election of this century and a few in the last century, now all of a sudden, they aren't welcome. I know the reason why, you are the one that is blind. And to be honest, after 4.5 years of junta antics, you still believe they wouldn't try to pull a stunt like rigging the elections ? After all they have done, more in less in plain sight, really Rob ? When do you wake up ?

I do not hate Prayuth, in fact, I find his antics extremely funny I am just judging him from his actions, actions that make Thaksin Shinawatra look like a sweet toddler in comparison. 

They have done almost everything possible to gain an unfair advantage, right up to wasting tax payer money (without a mandate) to outright buy people's vote, using a program named after the political party that is openly supporting Prayuth and that has not been subjected to the same restrictions as all of the other parties, in plain sight Rob, not even secretly. 

Even now political parties are not completely free to campaingn as they see fit. With veiled threats of national security and peace. What is the point of the coming elections if they aren't free and fair and when there is no level playing ground ?

The elections are there not to return democracy to Thailand but to legitimize Prayuth's rule. Nothing more and nothing less.

I hope they won't get away with it, as I see them for what they really are, in fact, many people see the elections for what they really are, just a handful of people are fooled in that these election really matter. 

As to the 10% PM's, this outsider PM route, ensures Prayuth only needs 26% of PM's. who mentioned democracy and Thailand again ?

You are trying to bite my head off first by not understanding what I meant. Now by your own admission you see that he needs 26% so why is my couple of million what is 10% such a huge support of him or an endorsement of him. 

I never said the elections will be fair not sure why you need to bring that up again ? I just don't think there will be big scale fraud with votes. The elections are already unfair because the pro junta parties have had far more time to promote themselves.

You hope they won't get away with it meaning your not sure that they won't get enough votes for him. Because that is what a vote for pro junta parties mean and only the truly dumb wont understand that. Technically you were of-course right but practically you are not. You like technicalities I like practical things. 

Maybe one day we will see Thailand in a democracy but I havent seen that yet.. just a kleptocracy. Anyway I hope he does not win, i prefer one of the other crooks (sorry can't call them anything else as crooks) 

Archived