Govt throws ball in EC’s court while suggesting a month’s delay in elections

webfact

3 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

History seems to indicate that Thais will not put up with everything indefinitely. 

Hmmm. Maybe. Not sure I can agree with you though, to me they seem like some of the world's natural victims. Like they were 'shazam'd' into existence by the great God of victimhood or something. Burma, Japan, Laos (for God's sake); everyone's taken a bite out of the Thai ass over time. Malaysia's doing it now. As we speak.

But to hear Thais tell it is a whole different story.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Carib said:

As soon as I read about the coronation i knew something like this was bound to happen. How sad. Why not postpone the second event??  

Because the majority of Thai citizens are still mourning "the death of democracy".

13 hours ago, Cadbury said:

“The election needs to be held by February 2019,” Prayut said during his weekly press briefing on Tuesday.

The word of the Prime Minister is once again proven worthless.

“The election needs to be held by February 2019,” Prayut said during his weekly press briefing on Tuesday.

13 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I'm not concerned about a 1 month delay it will give the anti Junta party's more time to campaign and get their message across. The Junta have been campaigning for over a year

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Hmmm. Maybe. Not sure I can agree with you though, to me they seem like some of the world's natural victims. Like they were 'shazam'd' into existence by the great God of victimhood or something. Burma, Japan, Laos (for God's sake); everyone's taken a bite out of the Thai ass over time. Malaysia's doing it now. As we speak.

But to hear Thais tell it is a whole different story.

Really not sure what that has do do with the op or even the comment I replied to in reference to domestic politics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday there was no way that there would be a delay...and everyone said that is code for the delay announcement was coming. The EC will do just as the junta directs but they may be figuring out that they are being set up to take any blowback as a result of timing conflicts with the coronation. 

3 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Really not sure what that has do do with the op or even the comment I replied to in reference to domestic politics. 

Perhaps I should explain; though I didn't think it was necessary, the lack of an explanation seems to have confused.

You said "History seems to indicate that Thais will not put up with everything indefinitely."

I did not agree, and contend that a weak people will put up with just about anything, and that is how I see the Thai people. I then gave examples:

"to me they seem like some of the world's natural victims. Like they were 'shazam'd' into existence by the great God of victimhood or something. Burma, Japan, Laos (for God's sake); everyone's taken a bite out of the Thai ass over time. Malaysia's doing it now. As we speak."

That appears to have confused. Sorry - I had thought it was pretty transparent and for fear of the pale horseman and his dread pen, refrained from saying anything that could possibly be construed as an insult, even by his rather odd (and variable) standards.

Edited by HalfLight

I would like to hear some supportive arguments for this latest development from the pro coup/junta supporters who were so active on this forum post 2014. They have become very quiet over the last twelve months or so. Perhaps thinking some of your enthusiastic support for this lot is no longer warranted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MickGC said:

I would like to hear some supportive arguments for this latest development from the pro coup/junta supporters who were so active on this forum post 2014. They have become very quiet over the last twelve months or so. Perhaps thinking some of your enthusiastic support for this lot is no longer warranted.

Like everything - fashionable bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, MickGC said:

It was at no point in time warranted.

But some of these pro junta supports can be forgiven, because they simply didn't know what kind of people they were dealing with, or fell for the propaganda bullshit uttered by these people. 

The coup was never staged for the greater good of the country, it was staged to Ensure the Thai electorate was side-stepped, and even after elections this mission has been accomplished. The only question remains, for how long. 

• Thanks 1

Posts in violation of the following forum rule has been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

It was at no point in time warranted.

But some of these pro junta supports can be forgiven, because they simply didn't know what kind of people they were dealing with, or fell for the propaganda bullshit uttered by these people. 

The coup was never staged for the greater good of the country, it was staged to Ensure the Thai electorate was side-stepped, and even after elections this mission has been accomplished. The only question remains, for how long. 

Let’s say against all the odds a democratic government was elected and over time implemented a programme which displeased the old elites.Let’s say the army was forced to intervene because middle class Bangkokians and perhaps Southern associates caused chaos in the streets.

I can guarantee you that the same voices - so silent now - would reappear on the forum proclaiming their support for the cleansing military, railing at politicians and insulting the stupid peasants.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

17 hours ago, MickGC said:

Well, if it has proven one thing, the military are just as useless at politics as the rest.

This country is in serious trouble, unless they do the right thing - put women in charge!

7 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Well, if it has proven one thing, the military are just as useless at politics as the rest.

This country is in serious trouble, unless they do the right thing - put women in charge!

Yingluck?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

50 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yingluck?

Unfortunately she was a puppet, not a self-made woman. If you added her surname this would have been obvious... ????

I did say women, as in fill every (senior) government position.

Thai men have proven beyond any doubt they are corrupt, lazy and incompetent...

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yingluck?

13 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

Unfortunately she was a puppet, not a self-made woman. If you added her surname this would have been obvious... ????

I did say women, as in fill every (senior) government position.

Thai men have proven beyond any doubt they are corrupt, lazy and incompetent...

Oops!

Now i immediately read this the other way and thought of both differing events and female role-models

5 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

Hmmmm....

They already are.

Do realize that this is a subliminally charged matriarchal culture, yes?

Despite all the surface macho/masculine posturing that displays itself by a very insecure manner.

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Hmmmm....

They already are.

Do realize that this is a subliminally charged matriarchal culture, yes?

Despite all the surface macho/masculine posturing that displays itself by a very insecure manner.

Can you explain exactly what a "subliminally charged matriarchal culture" is please?

I admit to being a thick b*st*rd, I can cope with matriarchy, but the rest leaves me behind...