Saudi woman held at Bangkok airport says fears death if sent back

webfact

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They want to deport her to Kuwait, she will then be sent to Saudi but not by the Thais.

Yes good point. So if I hand you a gun knowing your crazy and gunna kill someone, then im off the hook.

Brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes good point. So if I hand you a gun knowing your crazy and gunna kill someone, then im off the hook.

Brilliant. 

Remember, this is the country which used to deal with asylum seekers by towing their boats out to the open sea...

• Like 2

Feel sorry for the girl and hope she can leave unharmed to Australia or any other safe country,but what makes me really wonder is how embassy personal gets entrance to a closed and locked area in the transit zone and take away travel documents from travelers.If that is not  normal then that means the thai immigration supported the saudi embassy personal stealing her passport,who knows maybe they carried also weapons

• Like 1

This is not over, but looks like  she is  escaping the claws of SA, the butchers who behead non believers on public stadiums as a Superbowl event. This is a huge win for all humanity.

It's the press coverage that did it,  Reddit trending topic, Twitter trending news of the day that saved her life. Fairless BBC reporter Jonathan Head, and others who saved this woman's life! This feels incredible! For once these butchers don't get their way!

"The head of Thailand's immigration police has said the country will not deport a young Saudi woman who fled her family at the weekend, due to concerns for her safety.

Thai immigration officials had tried to return Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun, 18, to Kuwait, where her family is.

She refused to board a flight to Kuwait City on Monday, and barricaded herself into her hotel room at Bangkok airport.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-46777848

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Like 1

It is time the world stood up to Saudi Arabia (and certain other countries) and show them that they must conform to world class human rights or face a complete ban on trade and a ban on their fights landing anywhere outside SA.  Thailand needs to show that it has the balls to stand up to this bullying nation and find a way around the dilemma which does not involve her returning to SA or to Kuwait (which would do whatever Saudi says)  The should reach an accommodation with Australia to allow here to claim asylum via the Austraian embassy or grant her asyum in Thailand.  A Human life is worth more than a diplomatic embarrassment!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Remember, this is the country which used to deal with asylum seekers by towing their boats out to the open sea...

what's wrong with that? 

This is a totally different subject, you're off topic.

I don't feel its fair for you to mention this issue regarding "towing boats", its a whole other chapter and a lot more to understand.

we have a similar problem in Australia, but we Aussies would never refuse this poor soul.

• Haha 1

Jonathan Head said 'thai police chief Gen Big Joke says will be given temporary entry to Thailand and her case will be assessed by the UNHCR. UN says it is pleased with the promises given by Thailand that she will not be deported to Saudi Arabia or Kuwait'.

there's a Twitter Feed alive with this... https://twitter.com/honeyflavor1

part of with the stuff about Big Joke really wanting to feed her to the dogs, because "it is a family problem..."

luckily the system will prevail above idiocy

what did she choose in favour of her exit from the butchers of Islam?

did she find some Christian travelling boyfriend?

or will she don the White as a Buddhist Nun?

'and so continues as the sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives'

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Hey I'm Rahaf. My father just arrived as I heard witch worried and scared me a lot and I want to go to another country that I seek asylum in But at least I feel save now under UNHCR protection with the agreement of Thailand authorities. And I finally got my passport back

DwUD_-_V4AEd4hK.jpg

the whole basis of them snatching her Passport; was that without her National documentation, the ragheads knew that her only avenue left was automatic temporary travel ability, back to her home country only

sneaky buggers!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

there's a Twitter Feed alive with this... https://twitter.com/honeyflavor1

part of with the stuff about Big Joke really wanting to feed her to the dogs, because "it is a family problem..."

luckily the system will prevail above idiocy

what did she choose in favour of her exit from the butchers of Islam?

did she find some Christian travelling boyfriend?

or will she don the White as a Buddhist Nun?

'and so continues as the sands of the hourglass, so are the days of our lives'

That's an old Twitter feed.  The last tweet was 12 hrs ago.

Edited by anchadian

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

It was Sophie McNeil, ABC news reporter who locked herself in the room with Rahaf.

Exclusive story ? 

Anyway, we have a happy ending here , she can continue her life in Australia, good luck girl! 

• Like 1

Slightly related to this topic:

Yesterday I read that UNHCR was initially refused access to meet with this woman.

Bearing in mind that in Thailand, it's all about face and how others perceive you.

Then I saw the photos of the UNHCR guy.  I have to say that he is doing himself absolutely no favours by dressing in t-shirt and jeans, as if he's off to the local bar.

Imagine the Thai senior immigration guy meets this 'lad' who demands to see the Saudi woman?

I'm sorry, but jeans and t-shirt don't 'cut it' in a crucial situation like this.  <deleted>, put on a collared shirt and jacket, and act the part of an important UN agency!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JAG said:

???

Not perchance an Australian version of Julius Streicher are you?

No JAG. I am not. I'm an Essex lad through and through. Proud of it.

But, the point is, that this lady will be known to the Ozzy Islamists by the time she gets there (if). A crime against Mohammed is a crime wherever. She should keep away from them, and keep a low profile, before eventually changing her identity.

Edited by owl sees all

But, the point is, that this lady will be known to the Ozzy Islamists by the time she gets there (if). A crime against Mohammed is a crime wherever. She should keep away from them, and keep a low profile, before eventually changing her identity.

Absolutely ! They are everywhere ! Many intolerant of those who want to renounce its ways which include intolerance of those of other sexuality and mysoginy and complete control of women is at the core of its belief !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

The current administration only showed the gravitas to stand up to the Saudis, after a media storm went viral, and worldwide. This was a huge loss of face, and they responded. I am glad they did. I would have to consider anyone who wanted to leave that desperate nation to be a refugee. She sounds like she has been mistreated her whole life, by foolish men, who are locked in the dark ages. Things have changed guys, so lets get with the times!

If they extradite her, she will be put to death. It is a capital crime to renounce Islam, based on Sharia law. That is how insecure, and paranoid some of these people are. A person should be free to make their own choices, and follow their own will, when it comes to faith and religion. Sharia is the most dangerous form of religion on the planet. And it must be resisted, in whatever way it can be resisted. Kudos to this woman, for taking a stand. And thankfully, the media pressure forced this weak government to do the right thing, as they would never do so on their own accord.

It is time for the nations of the world to stand up to this despot regime. Most are cowed into submission, due to their wealth and oil. Without that, they would be an insignificant colony stuck in the 14th century. There is no place for Sharia law, or Wahhabism, in a modern world. Resist. I personally resist by purchasing oil from companies that do not import oil from the Middle East, whenever possible. Valero, Hess, BP, and several others apply, though it is far more difficult within Thailand. Within the US and some of Europe:

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:
Shell...........................205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil...............130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway...117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo Gas comes from South America, from a Dictator who hates Americans.

Here are some large companies that DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco................0 barrels
Conoco................0 barrels
Sinclair.................0 barrels
BP/Phillips...........0 barrels
Hess....................0 barrels
ARC0...................0 barrels

Also: Pilot, Flying J, Love's, RaceTrac, Valero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Fair enough WOL. I jumped in, making a mistake, I thought by "Izzie's" you meant Israelis.

I apologize!

Mind you, Essex...

Edited by JAG