Chinese Travelers Could Soon Get Visas Via WeChat

webfact

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

the plan, if implemented, would help Chinese apply for visas without having to fill in the English-language TM6 arrival cards by using WeChat

Does that mean the Chinese will not need a TM6, will it be automatically generated via the App, will immigration fill it in for them, or some other option?

The devil is in the detail, which as often, is missing from the report.

18 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Does that mean the Chinese will not need a TM6, will it be automatically generated via the App, will immigration fill it in for them, or some other option?

The devil is in the detail, which as often, is missing from the report.

No need anymore, will be filled in in China.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

will immigration fill it in for them, or some other option

Chance'll be a fine thing .. The welcoming soul who stamped me back in recently couldn't even be bothered to smile or say ha-law .. And that was at the privilege lane thing .. 

• Like 2

I live in China and this is possible because of the tight integration WeChat has with banking.  Everyone up here pays for everything with WeChat.  Since the bank has your (presumably correct) details filling in the visa information is simply a matter of forwarding the information.  I have WeChat and use it everyday but I imagine this is only for Chinese nationals.  Pity.

• Like 2

Stop this groveling nonsense immediately, if they want to come they will if the so called zero baht deal doesn't get them in, then they're probably going elsewhere. 

Once again we see the contradiction visa waiver equals more arrivals and then this.

Have numbers increased or not? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Stop this groveling nonsense immediately, if they want to come they will if the so called zero baht deal doesn't get them in, then they're probably going elsewhere. 

Once again we see the contradiction visa waiver equals more arrivals and then this.

Have numbers increased or not? 

They are just getting used to grovelling before their soon to be masters once the Chinese take-over is complete

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, remorhaz said:

I live in China and this is possible because of the tight integration WeChat has with banking.  Everyone up here pays for everything with WeChat.  Since the bank has your (presumably correct) details filling in the visa information is simply a matter of forwarding the information.  I have WeChat and use it everyday but I imagine this is only for Chinese nationals.  Pity.

on a recent visit i was astonished at how they use wechat to pay for absolutely everything; a coffee, groceries, uber equivalent, etc. It seems to have really taken off in the last year or 2. I found it a bit frustrating as my friends always beat me to paying for things! ???? 

Hopefully Thai immi will experiment on the Chinese and do a similar app in English when the system works!

Pretty soon the Chinese will have dual citizenship in Thailand. I have no doubt that no matter what the Chinese do,the Thai government and certain individuals will continue to kow-tow to them at an increasingly high degree. So do the Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, or various other countries in the area not care about their sovereignty? All of the of course is sarcasm, but I think true.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it sure seems like the current Thai government is going head over heels to do everything under the sun to attract more Chinese tourists.  But if you're from the western countries, all you get is nothing!

Online visa applications, nope. Special country-specific Immigration lines at the airports, nope. Waiver of visa fees, nope. Etc etc etc.

I'm not asking for special treatment. But reasonably equal treatment would be a refreshing change.  But obviously, don't see it coming.

PS - Well, we did get Immigration and our embassies to stop issuing income letters anymore for the US, Brits, Aussies and Danes.... So at least that's something!  Now at least I do feel "special"!!!   :w00t:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

23 hours ago, remorhaz said:

Chinese banks don't forward a thing.

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Maybe it's just my imagination, but it sure seems like the current Thai government is going head over heels to do everything under the sun to attract more Chinese tourists.  But if you're from the western countries, all you get is nothing!

Online visa applications, nope. Special country-specific Immigration lines at the airports, nope. Waiver of visa fees, nope. Etc etc etc.

I'm not asking for special treatment. But reasonably equal treatment would be a refreshing change.  But obviously, don't see it coming.

PS - Well, we did get Immigration and our embassies to stop issuing income letters anymore for the US, Brits, Aussies and Danes.... So at least that's something!  Now at least I do feel "special"!!!   :w00t:

your embassy stopped the letters because they are not willing to check if you tell the truth. Immigration wants to see some prove of what you declare, seems pretty normal to me.

• Like 1