O-A from Oz

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Requirements to apply at the embassy in Canberra can be found here after selecting your country. http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/Home/visa

Requirements are about the same to apply at the official consulate in Sydney. http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96010-NON-IMMIGRANT-VISA.html

Checking because it's not for me and mainly to find out if anything other than the noted website requirements are asked for.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Checking because it's not for me and mainly to find out if anything other than the noted website requirements are asked for.

I applied some years ago. On the website at the time, in regard to docs "notarized", it stated that you could use a JP. I did. My application was rejected. Reason notarized by JP. I rang Canberra. Senior io responded to my " what the" question politely with... " some officers do not like what use JP"

Made me feel home stick for los

• Thanks 1

I applied for an OA at the Thai Embassy in Canberra 6 months ago and followed their instructions on their web site, i did send an email to them to clarify the notarise requirement and was informed that a JP could notarise my papers, and for the papers that must be notarised and bound ended up as a staple in the top corner, I went to Canberra to lodge the application and picked it up the next day, as for the Sydney Consulate the never answered the phone or never replied to my emails, my advise is to use the Embassy in Canberra even if you need to travel there or use the post to lodge and receive your docs, I didn't mail because i dont trust Australia Post.

43 minutes ago, wozza said:

I applied for an OA at the Thai Embassy in Canberra 6 months ago and followed their instructions on their web site, i did send an email to them to clarify the notarise requirement and was informed that a JP could notarise my papers, and for the papers that must be notarised and bound ended up as a staple in the top corner, I went to Canberra to lodge the application and picked it up the next day, as for the Sydney Consulate the never answered the phone or never replied to my emails, my advise is to use the Embassy in Canberra even if you need to travel there or use the post to lodge and receive your docs, I didn't mail because i dont trust Australia Post.

Good result. I used the mail system to Canberra. That side of it worked like a treat. Would be good to hear other reports where JP was used and no problem (as in your case). From memory, I did ring prior to getting all the docs together, specifically about use of JP, and was told no problem. They give reason for rejection attached to your returned application. Docs not notarized correctly. Then following my phone conversation all I could do was shake me head. I was surprised however they returned my application fee.

Glad you had a more straightforward experience.

Just to add, When I handed over my application I asked could you quickly see if everything was correct and in order, if it wasn't i had time to have it corrected, if I had posted it and something was not right i guess they will just reject it.

27 minutes ago, wozza said:

Just to add, When I handed over my application I asked could you quickly see if everything was correct and in order, if it wasn't i had time to have it corrected, if I had posted it and something was not right i guess they will just reject it.

Always the best way. Unfortunately I was in Melbourne and they don't do O-A. I think Canberra and Sydney are the only ones. Brisbane used to do them but stopped some years back. So I had to use post.

• 1 month later...