Brexit bedlam - May's EU divorce deal crushed by 230 votes in parliament

webfact

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bomber said:

sorry but what happens in afghanistan has nothing to do with brexit,other than it sending more refugee's here to claim the generous benefits our soverign govt decide to lavish on them,ones they dont get in the EU,well done those nations

You really fell for Farage's Leave.EU campaign lie. So much so that you still believe it over 2 and a half years later.

The acceptance of refugees, economic migrants, asylum seekers, call them what you will, into the UK and whether or not they will be allowed to remain here is a matter for the UK government alone; nothing to do with the EU.

Answer me this; if EU membership means these people, some genuine refugees, some not, can cross the EU and simply walk into the UK unhindered, why are so many of them still camped out in the Pas de Calais?

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

One thing's certain, the Poles, Lithuanians and Latvians won't rely on help from the U.K.! I can't see our aircraft carriers going in to the Baltic!

The longest parachute operation in history has just been trumpeted in a 3 part series on ITV doing just that & you might also find this of interest:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-armed-forces-lead-nato-exercise-in-the-baltics 

Feel free to remove foot at your leisure ????

17 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You really fell for Farage's Leave.EU campaign lie. So much so that you still believe it over 2 and a half years later.

The acceptance of refugees, economic migrants, asylum seekers, call them what you will, into the UK and whether or not they will be allowed to remain here is a matter for the UK government alone; nothing to do with the EU.

Answer me this; if EU membership means these people, some genuine refugees, some not, can cross the EU and simply walk into the UK unhindered, why are so many of them still camped out in the Pas de Calais?

French riviera beats Dover hands down

14 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

sorry you have misunderstood me,iam against brexit and didnt fall for Farages BS,i didnt vote but will be voting remain if given a 2nd chance,all these what ever they are come here for the benefits our govt lavishes on them,my point is these are the people that leave voters want to give more power to,i would prefer the EU policy of let them sleep in cardboard boxes,the UK are just encouraging more and more to come,its not the fault of the EU,its made in Britain.Also most are fleeing wars started by us and our US masters anyway,its lose lose lose,give me a German/French master any day.

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

sorry you have misunderstood me,iam against brexit and didnt fall for Farages BS,i didnt vote but will be voting remain if given a 2nd chance,all these what ever they are come here for the benefits our govt lavishes on them,my point is these are the people that leave voters want to give more power to,i would prefer the EU policy of let them sleep in cardboard boxes,the UK are just encouraging more and more to come,its not the fault of the EU,its made in Britain.Also most are fleeing wars started by us and our US masters anyway,its lose lose lose,give me a German/French master any day.

Your original post certainly seemed to be blaming the EU for allowing refugees into the UK!

29 minutes ago, 7by7 said:
1 hour ago, bomber said:

sorry but what happens in afghanistan has nothing to do with brexit,other than it sending more refugee's here to claim the generous benefits our soverign govt decide to lavish on them,ones they dont get in the EU,well done those nations

Those that are sleeping in cardboard boxes in France are doing so because they have not claimed asylum there. Those that have receive help from the French government very similar to that offered by the UK to those who have claimed asylum here:

54 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The longest parachute operation in history has just been trumpeted in a 3 part series on ITV doing just that & you might also find this of interest:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-armed-forces-lead-nato-exercise-in-the-baltics 

Feel free to remove foot at your leisure ????

800 troops. That will keep the bear awake!

Best policy is the use soft power to avoid a war

Off topic

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

In the course of my travels throughout the UK for work I have visited a large number of 'Spoons, north, south east and west of this island; both for breakfast and dinner.

I haven't visited them all, but from the many I have I would say that the vast majority of Mr. Martins employees are from the Eastern Europe member states of the EU. 

He obviously has no problem with the EU's Freedom of Movement Directive!

Though based on his interview with Jones he probably isn't aware that his ability to employ labour from Eastern Europe is due to the EU!

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Your original post certainly seemed to be blaming the EU for allowing refugees into the UK!

Those that are sleeping in cardboard boxes in France are doing so because they have not claimed asylum there. Those that have receive help from the French government very similar to that offered by the UK to those who have claimed asylum here:

• French asylum a
    1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

ssistance.
  • UK asylum assistance.

a warm free house in the UK or a cold prison camp in france,thanks UK govt i will risk my life for the the warm free house in the UK,iam pleased your govt is different to the rest of europe and understands my needs,its worth the risk.Rule Brittania

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

In the course of my travels throughout the UK for work I have visited a large number of 'Spoons, north, south east and west of this island; both for breakfast and dinner.

I haven't visited them all, but from the many I have I would say that the vast majority of Mr. Martins employees are from the Eastern Europe member states of the EU. 

He obviously has no problem with the EU's Freedom of Movement Directive!

Though based on his interview with Jones he probably isn't aware that his ability to employ labour from Eastern Europe is due to the EU!

i agree,makes his comments rather odd,seems a prick to me

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

a warm free house in the UK or a cold prison camp in france,thanks UK govt i will risk my life for the the warm free house in the UK,iam pleased your govt is different to the rest of europe and understands my needs,its worth the risk.Rule Brittania

Except they wont get a warm free house in the UK.

A room in a shared flat or house or a bed and breakfast if they're lucky; a hostel which chucks them out at 9 am and wont let them back in until 6 pm for most and imprisonment in an Immigration Detention Centre for a significant minority.

20 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Except they wont get a warm free house in the UK.

A room in a shared flat or house or a bed and breakfast if they're lucky; a hostel which chucks them out at 9 am and wont let them back in until 6 pm for most and imprisonment in an Immigration Detention Centre for a significant minority.

still better than what they get elsewhere,i know they were treat like royalty 10-20 years ago maybe we have awoken a little to this but the word on the street was the UK is the place to be compared to the rest of the EU,still OUR governments fault as we helped start the wars many are fleeing or claim to be fleeing,imagine the outrage if these folks were fleeing wars started by the EU or Germany of France,i would in that case support brexit regardless of the economic woes it brings

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

And I get paid more than all of them put together

Inequality is the issue. Can you not see that? Do you brixiters have to score every single point??

Did you not notice the free hand you were given all day enabling you to do just that?

I had better things to do & only popped in to see what sort of a hash the boards had once again become.

I'll be on listening watch again tomorrow ????

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Economic barriers between the EU and USA are low, for a number of reasons. See here

Maybe not a formal treaty, but certainly a relationship which has existed for many years.

Negotiations for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership were nearly complete, then Trump came to power and not only halted negotiations but also initiated a trade war of sorts with the EU.

He came to his senses, at least on this point, last year and negotiations have recommenced.

China?

From the EU again:

See also the 1985 (yes, 1985) Agreement on Trade and Economic Cooperation between the European Economic Community and the People's Republic of China

Therefore you are now admitting that you were incorrect, in your original post, regarding the E.u and especially Airbus, dealing with none E.u countries, that do not have a trading agreement with the E.u.

So again thank you for proving me correct, and at the same time proving that you are as quite often, completely wrong.

Although I must give you credit, for the way you dribble around the truth,

did you play for QPR?

16416BCE-7E3A-4EDE-8207-77FA410FE0E9.jpeg

6 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Did you not notice the free hand you were given all day enabling you to do just that?

I had better things to do & only popped in to see what sort of a hash the boards had once again become.

I'll be on listening watch again tomorrow ????

Beep dit da beep diddly beep beep.......Mork calling Orson....I thought this was interesting:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-pm-germany-france/italy-pm-raps-france-germany-for-hypocrisy-on-europe-idUSKCN1PJ0G0

Sweet drams dreams.????

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

But you have been known to slag 'em off.

People like him,are well known to slag the military off, IN peacetime.

Then when an armed conflict raises its ugly head, they tend to hide behind those very same servicemen. One of the reasons they take this approach, is that in peacetime, the military are an economic drain on the country. Forgetting that in times of military conflict, those same servicemen are often called on to give their Whole for their country.

They would rather willingly surrender, especially if it saves a few £’s. For him it’s all about pounds versus Democracy. And pounds win.

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Therefore you are now admitting that you were incorrect, in your original post, regarding the E.u and especially Airbus, dealing with none E.u countries, that do not have a trading agreement with the E.u.

So again thank you for proving me correct, and at the same time proving that you are as quite often, completely wrong.

Although I must give you credit, for the way you dribble around the truth,

did you play for QPR?

16416BCE-7E3A-4EDE-8207-77FA410FE0E9.jpeg

1. we are 99% independent in the EU                                                                                2 we make 90% of our laws already and the other 10% barely effect 99% of the nation,and there have been many good EU laws,mr spoonie could even name a bad one when asked.   3 fair point                                                                                                                    4 we as good as freely trade at present                                                                           5 such a small industry shouldnt be 7th on the list of supposed great sins                        6 totally irrelevant,but an EU army better than being uncle sams slave to wage expensive illegal wars                                                                                                                  7what a load of tripe                                                                                                                                   

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Beep dit da beep diddly beep beep.......Mork calling Orson....I thought this was interesting:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-pm-germany-france/italy-pm-raps-france-germany-for-hypocrisy-on-europe-idUSKCN1PJ0G0

Sweet drams dreams.????

an italian MP having a swipe at france and germany,hardly going to cause the break up of 26 nations,but its about all leave fans can find at the moment,another one on here today was predicting  economic woe for germany,well if they get it bad the UK will get it harder for sure

2 hours ago, bomber said:

1. we are 99% independent in the EU                                                                                2 we make 90% of our laws already and the other 10% barely effect 99% of the nation,and there have been many good EU laws,mr spoonie could even name a bad one when asked.   3 fair point                                                                                                                    4 we as good as freely trade at present                                                                           5 such a small industry shouldnt be 7th on the list of supposed great sins                        6 totally irrelevant,but an EU army better than being uncle sams slave to wage expensive illegal wars                                                                                                                  7what a load of tripe                                                                                                                                   

All wrong except (3).

1 hour ago, bomber said:

an italian MP having a swipe at france and germany,hardly going to cause the break up of 26 nations,but its about all leave fans can find at the moment,another one on here today was predicting  economic woe for germany,well if they get it bad the UK will get it harder for sure

Just to demonstrate how unified the Union has become these days.

10 hours ago, bomber said:

how soon? there is a world recession coming this is agreed by just about everybody on the planet outside of any spoonies drinking establishment,germany will be affected but it wont be affected as many and certainly a lot less the the UK will be,dont forget they will have a good piece of our car industry within 3-6 years with a no deal outcome,

Anytime, probably coincident with your next recession. As the leading EU economic power, Germany will be expected to assist the weaker EU economies. The UK is better off out and away from that.

On 1/23/2019 at 1:56 PM, welovesundaysatspace said:

If I remember correctly, I wrote that people were promised pink unicorns, and then Cameron sent leaflets telling everyone “pink unicorns don’t exist, but I will make sure you’ll get one should you vote for it”. It should be clear that the pink unicorn is referring to the false promises made in terms of a have-the-cake-and-eat-it easiest-deal-of-history type of Brexit. 

Where did it state anything about the deal in the leaflet?

15 hours ago, bomber said:

the man comes across as a clown,i liked the question when he was asked what EU laws he didnt like,and he couldnt come up with one,then claimed to be a barrister,he makes a fool of himself on the euro issue and the low wages questions had him beat ,another clown trying to hog the limelight,

Actually, Grouse was correct in the original post - he comes across as pissed!

Archived