Brexit bedlam - May's EU divorce deal crushed by 230 votes in parliament

webfact

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/labour-manifesto-2017.pdf

This is Labour's 2017 election manifesto. Gripping stuff!

Look at the section on Brexit

No where does it say that Labour would support a hard Brexit or a no deal Brexit

Whereas I would prefer to remain, I agree with Labour that retaining some form of CU and SM is essential.

This gives the lie to those that claim that 80% voted for Brexit  at that election. That is not true. Labour was proposing N+.

Enough of Brexiter lies and obfuscation!

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

No where does it say that Labour would support a hard Brexit or a no deal Brexit

Whereas I would prefer to remain, I agree with Labour that retaining some form of CU and SM is essential.

This gives the lie to those that claim that 80% voted for Brexit  at that election. That is not true. Labour was proposing N+.

Norway + is not leaving, and that is why you agree with it.

49 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I agree with the link for the Labour manifesto being less than "gripping stuff"...

So for those of us who really can't be arsed to wade through pages of tripe, please quote the relevant sections on brexit.

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Actually, Grouse was correct in the original post - he comes across as pissed!

The annoying little pipsqueak wouldn't allow time to answer. 

To me Tim Martin sounds like Neill from 'the young ones' albeit with a Devonshire accent.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

No they didn't say that Labour would support a hard Brexit or a no deal Brexit. The Labour Manifesto - they should have called it The Impossible Dream. Like the rest of it, full of unachievable promises but in truth just idealistic fantasy. They are still at it today. Like all their other promises, those in the Brexit section would soon be broken. 

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

The annoying little pipsqueak wouldn't allow time to answer. 

To me Tim Martin sounds like Neill from 'the young ones' albeit with a Devonshire accent.

Please leave Devon clear of this.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Norway + is not leaving, and that is why you agree with it.

You miss the point

We frequently hear that 80% of the electorate voted for parties that supported leave in the 2017 election

What we don't hear, and I didn't realise, is that Labour specifically proposed a "Brexit" while remaining in the CU and SM and other key matters, in their manifesto.

So yet another lie breaks cover and floats to the surface as scum frequently does.

Such a N+ deal would, I suspect, get parliamentary support.

Sadly, and to quote Aqualung, the prime ministers door may be open but the minds beyond are closed! 

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I agree with the link for the Labour manifesto being less than "gripping stuff"...

So for those of us who really can't be arsed to wade through pages of tripe, please quote the relevant sections on brexit.

Pages 23 to 30

I am surprised at you DD. You strike me as a  newly committed brexiter who is NOT moronic and who demonstrates consideration for the greater good. If your usual likers need the sections read to them I'll see what I can do......

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You miss the point

We frequently hear that 80% of the electorate voted for parties that supported leave in the 2017 election

What we don't hear, and I didn't realise, is that Labour specifically proposed a "Brexit" while remaining in the CU and SM and other key matters, in their manifesto.

So yet another lie breaks cover and floats to the surface as scum frequently does.

Sadly, and to quote Aqualung, the prime ministers door may be open but the minds beyond are closed! 

Whether you're right or not is pretty much irrelevant - as all the electorate heard from con and labour, is that they would support the referendum result.

Assuming you're right about the 'small print' - that doesn't excuse the behaviour of either party trying to now using every excuse possible to remain.

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You miss the point

Labour hasn't a clue what it wants, some want this, some want that, when Alistair Campbell (from Keighley incidentally) was asked if the Labour Party are split, he replied, "no, they are divided".

Do I detect a new found admiration for the Marxist Party, have you changed your allegience now.

But in all honesty, surely a Norway + is just the same as remaining, without a say is it not. The only reason a Norway + deal would get Parliamentary support is because most of our glorious MPs are remainers.

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Pages 23 to 30

I am surprised at you DD. You strike me as a  newly committed brexiter who is NOT moronic and who demonstrates consideration for the greater good. If your usual likers need the sections read to them I'll see what I can do......

Good old Sausage. Voiceover by Rowan Atkinson's dad?

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

Labour hasn't a clue what it wants, some want this, some want that, when Alistair Campbell (from Keighley incidentally) was asked if the Labour Party are split, he replied, "no, they are divided".

Do I detect a new found admiration for the Marxist Party, have you changed your allegience now.

But in all honesty, surely a Norway + is just the same as remaining, without a say is it not. The only reason a Norway + deal would get Parliamentary support is because most of our glorious MPs are remainers.

Not true as the vast majority of MPs on both sides want to remain.

BBC have stated that David Davis, the super efficient Brexit point man is in fact a consultant for JCB on 3,000 GBP per hour!

How does that fit with your sense of troughs and snouts DD? Sounds like a truffle hunter to me.

The Irish Times state he was also paid 18,000 Euro for a speech in Dublin for PwC! [I wonder if he brought any notes?]

What amazes me is that so many peasants vote for their feudal lords and masters rather than a more cooperative alternative! How moronic is that?

On 1/25/2019 at 9:07 PM, Spidey said:

I don't post stories. I post facts, backed up with relevant links from reputable sites.

BTW. What happened to your list of "facts" regarding the Lisbon Treaty, I can't find it.

"Miss, miss, miss, that big boy won't let me get my own way. Make him go away. Make him stop it."

image.jpeg.e4585186b57b3f887ce50323e71f6b7d.jpeg

No Platforming is alive and kicking on TV then? The last bastion of snowflake girly world, real thought policing for you - if you don't like it get it censored.

I've told you before: Your 'facts' are only predictions - just like mine. Your supposedly reputable sites are either establishment propaganda or ones that concur with your agenda.    

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

No they didn't say that Labour would support a hard Brexit or a no deal Brexit. The Labour Manifesto - they should have called it The Impossible Dream. Like the rest of it, full of unachievable promises but in truth just idealistic fantasy. They are still at it today. Like all their other promises, those in the Brexit section would soon be broken. 

How is it an impossible dream? Norway have that deal and they are not in the EU!

12 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Pages 23 to 30

Please give up on patronising me.

It doesn't work on those of us who are actually intelligent.

9 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Whether you're right or not is pretty much irrelevant - as all the electorate heard from con and labour, is that they would support the referendum result.

Assuming you're right about the 'small print' - that doesn't excuse the behaviour of either party trying to now using every excuse possible to remain.

Wake up DD

Labour are trying to respect the vote but minimise the damage

Conservatives want to leverage the vote for personal gain

I favour remain. But I might consider a compromise a la N+ which COULD get parliamentary approval.

BBC have stated that David Davis, the super efficient Brexit point man is in fact a consultant for JCB on 3,000 GBP per hour!

How does that fit with your sense of troughs and snouts DD? Sounds like a truffle hunter to me.

The Irish Times state he was also paid 18,000 Euro for a speech in Dublin for PwC! [I wonder if he brought any notes?]

What amazes me is that so many peasants vote for their feudal lords and masters rather than a more cooperative alternative! How moronic is that?

Tony Blair wanted £250,000 + £80,000 expenses for a speech on save the planet and it wasn't too long ago you were lauding him because he supported remain. A tad selective?

On 1/25/2019 at 10:08 PM, 7by7 said:

You didn't post opinion, you didn't post speculation. You posted a list of lies and claimed they were fact, using a ten year old source you obviously hoped no one would look at closely because you list doesn't actually appear anywhere in any article published by that source!

When challenged on that you claimed you must have obtained these 'facts' from elsewhere because you do your own research.

So were you lying when you said they were facts obtained from your own research, or are you lying now when you say they are not facts but your opinion and speculation?

You have about as much idea of how I arrived at my post as does the man in t'moon.  I didn't say anything was 'fact', you and your tag team claimed that. If it's in the future it can't be fact.

The sheer number of Team Remain posts show it's obvious that you are really peed off when another poster contradicts you, but that's the big word of forum.

Suck it up buttercup.

6 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

The electorate vote for the best people to represent them

Most MPs favour remain

Does that tell you something?

Think about it!

Actually they are trying to give you what you were screaming for but stopping you cutting your throats at the same time. Clever eh! Parents! Bless!

Wake up DD

Labour are trying to respect the vote but minimise the damage

Conservatives want to leverage the vote for personal gain

I favour remain. But I might consider a compromise a la N+ which COULD get parliamentary approval.

You seriously think that I don't realise that politicians (and big business) are playing their games to remain?

Please give up on patronising me.

It doesn't work on those of us who are actually intelligent.

You mean actually intelligent even if sometimes you don't give that impression?

Sorry! I give up and revert to Topic.

I thought you might have been interested in some factual information. Sorry you are too busy to read it....

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The electorate vote for the best people to represent them

Most MPs favour remain

Does that tell you something?

Think about it!

Actually they are trying to give you what you were screaming for but stopping you cutting your throats at the same time. Clever eh! Parents! Bless!

The electorate (mostly) vote for whichever party they think (......) represents them.

This referendum has shown that many MPs are entirely out of touch with their electorate.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Tony Blair wanted £250,000 + £80,000 expenses for a speech on save the planet and it wasn't too long ago you were lauding him because he supported remain. A tad selective?

I suspect Blair is worth every penny. He must have some good anecdotes.

He is not an MP

Actually I'm not sure if Davis is an MP or a glove puppet operated by Bamford!

You see the difference? Subtle, I know....

May now threatening MP's with cancelling their mid term holiday and detention...

MPs may need to work longer and lose their February half-term break if Brexit is to be delivered on time.

The government is to consult Parliament on what extra hours will be needed to get its legislation onto the statute book before the planned 29 March exit.

Theresa May will seek backing for her deal in another Commons vote on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47018418

Archived