how much profit on a 300 thb pizza in Thailand ? kebab more profitable ?

NaDu

hello,

do you know how much they spend to make a 300 thb margharita pizza with only tomato and cheese ?

I guess that they have at least 200 thb profit ?

And what about a 60 thb kebab ? 40 thb profit only but they sell a lot more of them ?

really want to know ! thanks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know the price of good quality cheese in Thailand but it's not cheap.

I once spoke to guy who produced bread in Thailand and he told me that good floor cost 300% or 500% more than medium quality. Some people will taste the difference and pay for it. Many others don't know and don't care and wouldn't pay for it.

Personally I am willing to pay hundreds of baht for a good tasting pizza because I like it.

But I am not willing to pay maybe 150B for some of the delivery pizza here which tastes horrible - at least for someone who knows how good pizza should taste.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know the price of good quality cheese in Thailand but it's not cheap.

I once spoke to guy who produced bread in Thailand and he told me that good floor cost 300% or 500% more than medium quality. Some people will taste the difference and pay for it. Many others don't know and don't care and wouldn't pay for it.

Personally I am willing to pay hundreds of baht for a good tasting pizza because I like it.

But I am not willing to pay maybe 150B for some of the delivery pizza here which tastes horrible - at least for someone who knows how good pizza should taste.

Exactly.... A well made, quality pizza would have very little profit, if sold at 300 baht.

Quality pizza dough, quality cheese (not a sprinkle of plastic) and some decent ham, you already over a couple hundred per pizza !!

It sounds to me like the OP is planning a business venture and possesses no business skills at all. The profit per pizza is only one consideration. How many can be sold and what the overhead will be are huge considerations.

i spend a lot on cheese, but save money by putting the pizzas in the road to be cooked by the sun.  tuk-tuk drivers deliver 100's for me, and i pay them 700 baht a day.  i sell 3 slices for 100, and it only costs me 15 baht.

i'm super rich

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

To make a real Kebab here is nearly impossible,as where

would you find lap of Lamb ?,so it would be chicken or

pork which is not really the same thing,and beef is out

as well,due to cost

regards worgeordie

You cant beat the old Donner Kebab, Have you ever eaten a Kebab sober? God knows what was in them things

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

To make a real Kebab here is nearly impossible,as where

would you find lap of Lamb ?,so it would be chicken or

pork which is not really the same thing,and beef is out

as well,due to cost

regards worgeordie

I dont think Thais eat much Lamb? Mate of mine here in Phuket has just started making Lamb burgers seems to be popular although I have not tried one yet

48 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think Thais eat much Lamb? Mate of mine here in Phuket has just started making Lamb burgers seems to be popular although I have not tried one yet

Lots of Thai like lamb. I know from one 5-star hotel with a loyalty card that one of the most asked questions to the telesales people is if the hotel offers lamb-chop as part of the buffet. Yes, they sign up, no, they don't.

neeray post 8, yup sounds like the OP is investigating a pizza business. silly him looking for some basic metrics of what is easily known and easily told to him. forbid he should try to figure out how many pizza a day he will sell and exactly how that will translate into manhours and materials....  from your smartass reply it is better for him to take wild guesses at sales and not worry about material costs.. <deleted>  deleted was di*khead

would you like to know how much toilet tissue they use as well ?
if your question is the most immediate drama in your life can i suggest the Coconut Bar to put some zing in your life.
beers can be had from 7 or family.

in answer to your question, no one is allowed to make a profit on food in Pattaya its all done as a labour of love. 

56 minutes ago, NaDu said:

so many replies for so many people who have nothing useful and interesting to say.

care to read the title ?

how much profit on a 300 thb pizza in Thailand ? 

At best you are being naive, at worst you are willfully trolling. The question is so vague, it is almost the same as asking how long is a piece of string. Let's help you though anyway, because you need help:

1) what mozzarella do you intend to put on the pizza, Makro bulk brand, a locally made fresh mozzarella or something imported and high end? Have you checked those prices? This impacts your costs

2) how much cheese goes on a pizza that you will sell? That impacts your costs...same question for the tomato sauce, how much of it? Is it a freshly made tomato sauce or from a bulk can at Makro?

3) what flour will you use, what quality? How thick will that crust be as the volume of dough impacts your costs also

I think from your question you are turning to the people of Thai Visa to provide you with numerous variations of recipes and ingredients, with cost breakdown for each.

What makes you think that this will happen?

used to go to da michelle pizza in phuket. very good authentic made by italians. i asked them if ingredients are import or domestic.  answered domestic.  mozarella cheese domestic is quite decent.  the trick is making the sauce correctly. their pizza size very good for the price.  lots of pizza is overpriced in thailand.

example in new york city where overhead is much higher you can find

18 inch margerita for 10-12 usd. 300 - 360 baht

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I suppose that depends on where you get it delivered from, there's plenty of good pizza available for delivery.

1 hour ago, NaDu said:

so many replies for so many people who have nothing useful and interesting to say.

care to read the title ?

B73.45

"so many replies for so many people who have nothing useful and interesting to say.

care to read the title ?"

Maybe interesting answers are directly proportional to how interesting the OP questions are?   You'll get used to it, this is Thaivisa.

1 hour ago, NaDu said:

care to read the title ?

And that depends on what you put in to it .....quality products that are expensive or just the cheapest available ?

Ham, salami or pepperoni ? Different ingredients= different cost base = different profit.

Where ? In Bangkok “exotic” ingredients like salami will cost less than in Nakorn Nowhere.

What overheads ? Rent, power, wages....they all have to be accounted for.

You have recipes for your pizzas ? Just write up your ingredient list and cost it out, it’s not rocket science.

23 minutes ago, MikeN said:

You have recipes for your pizzas ? Just write up your ingredient list and cost it out, it’s not rocket science.

And then add in all your other overheads. 

Will you only be selling one type of Pizza or many other types and products.  Location, Building costs (Rent, elec, water, equipment (including wear and tear), your costs/work permit/tax/lawyers, wages, advertising et al.  The potential list is endless.  

Only you can cost all your other overheads and then add the individual cost of the production of each Pizza/total number you expect to sell and then try and do the mathematics.

PS;  What do you think is going to make your product special compared to everyone else around you.  If you are in the sticks with no competition you probably have no customer base!

I go eat regularly a VERY GOOD and VERY TASY pizza at a very well know pizzeria in Korat (Near SUT).
They sell an 11" pizza Marguerita for 85 Baht.
I guess they make profit on this.
Why pay 300 Baht for a pizza?
They also have other items on their menu for a very cometitive price.
I can give you the link to their Facebook if you send me a PM.

43 minutes ago, MikeN said:

And that depends on what you put in to it .....quality products that are expensive or just the cheapest available ?

Ham, salami or pepperoni ? Different ingredients= different cost base = different profit.

Where ? In Bangkok “exotic” ingredients like salami will cost less than in Nakorn Nowhere.

What overheads ? Rent, power, wages....they all have to be accounted for.

Cheapest ingredients of course ! what else do you think that they use in Thailand ?

Thank you for the reply.

Archived