Ants in the toilet. Help!

PeterA

I have a 2 year old house. All the water lines and toilet pipes are in concrete.

I have big black ants in the toilet bowl, coming down from the flush input holes along the inside top edge of the bowl.

I don't see them in the fill tank.

I look around the refuse holding tank, and don't see any.

The toilet is a Mogen, copy of a Moen I think. Global purchase.

How the hell are they getting in there? I can't access more without pulling the whole toilet. I don't want to, but may have too.

Any one see this before?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

sounds to me like they are getting in by climbing the outside of the bowl.

Ants drown in water.

Maybe squirt some ant powder around the bog base and behind the cistern to rule out that theory or confirm it

Never see them outside the bowl. When I flush is when I see them come from the inlet ports to the bowl.

Whether you see them all the time or not they are billions of them and in all shape and colors. This time of the year it seems for whatever reason the black ones come out.   Go to 7/11 and get the can of spray that provides the small little spray straw?  it is strong spray it into the area where they are coming from and don't flush for a while.

If you want them gone, you gotta get the queen ... if it's too much of an imposition, and after spraying or use of Borax, etc, they come back, you will need an exterminator because they've taken up residence somewhere nearby

Buy some Bayer Quantum (Big C, Tops, about 270 baht). Fantastic stuff, a couple of drops over a couple of days will sort them out. Slow working so the ants have time to take it back to the nest and feed it to the Queen. Sorted out my ant problem in the kitchen.

2 hours ago, alanrchase said:

Buy some Bayer Quantum (Big C, Tops, about 270 baht). Fantastic stuff, a couple of drops over a couple of days will sort them out. Slow working so the ants have time to take it back to the nest and feed it to the Queen. Sorted out my ant problem in the kitchen.

I have used Quantum and I can confirm that it is very effective, we have a problem with ants in the kitchen at the moment (it seems to be an annual thing) a few days after application and the situation is greatly improved.

14 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

My MO when I see ants in the house is to spray them.  If I see a trail, I spray the trail.  If I see where they come in, I spray the shit out of that.  It might take more than one encounter but that eventually works.

my thought exactly no big deal.

5 hours ago, alanrchase said:

I can endorse the product which sorted out my ant problem. However, I bought the real stuff not the fantastic product????

12 hours ago, alanrchase said:

I used this stuff. They feed on it and take it back and feed the queen - the only way to rid the ants is kill the queen and the nest will die.

Archived