Brit who dealt drugs in Thailand complains about ‘torture’ of prison sentence

snoop1130

19 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Partially accurate. Yes, you do have to serve a minimum term here, one third, or four years normally.

Yes, I was remembering something like that.... But of course, 4 years isn't one-third of a 30 year sentence. So I was confused how he'd managed to get transferred so early in a LONG Thai sentence.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You CANNOT pay a fine and have your sentence reduced, never! Not in a drugs case.

As was explained in a post 1-2 weeks ago by a member in the know, some crimes are compoundable which means you can buy your way out if you have the means. I was in disbelief too but seems to be true.

• Like 2

imprisonment in itself is sufficient punishment. there is no need need to deprive a person of his  dignity and

self self worth.

if prisons could solve human problems these should have become obsolete by now. 

unfortunately each country has its own taking on this matter and the treatment of offenders is accordingly different in

these countries.

Certain incarceration facilities are even more notorious with gang rapes, violence being common.

we should not be judgmental of anyone, without knowing the total story.

• Like 2

I think drug laws are stupid. I think drugs should be legal and freely distributed. That would keep the crime rate down and the population of losers. Nothing like a bit of scag to lower life expectancy. That being said, until the dope utopia occurs, you plays the game, you takes your chances.

• Like 1

So he lost three <deleted>ing teeth. How many people lost entire FAMILY MEMBERS to the poison he knowingly sold? I hope he also lost his anal virginity many times over. With NO lube.

Edited by quandow
Punctuation
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

One doing 39 years for something another person openly admits was his, not the guy I visit. His family don't have 1,300,000 baht, so he is screwed.

Can you back this up and write a more detailed article on the story? Maybe with help from the guilty person, make a gofundme page. If he’s truly innocent, I’d put in. Things I’ve put into before meet big targets in no time with a good write up. 

• Like 1