Israel, Germany upset by BNK48 singer’s swastika shirt

webfact

16 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

but at the same time there a millions of Brits who are in holocaust denial, probably wasn't mentioned on 'Love island' 

I would like to visually see just who those 3 million so called 

British citizens were that they asked.

I think that would paint a very different picture.  :jap:

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Lingba said:

The country of Thailand should apologize for not properly educating their children world history

3 hours ago, wellred said:

I wonder why WW2 is not taught in Thai schools. Did they not get invaded by Japan in 1941 and later form alliance with them? Or is it more a case
of 'yeah that bit didn't look too well on us I.e loss of face, so we'll just not mention anything about it.

I'm not supporting her nor the Thai education system,

but....

you will be surprised by the lack of knowledge of Western kids, especially in the UK & USA relating to past history or geography.

Basically, thick as a plank, unless it's related to football, fashion, celebrities, music & smartphones.

Oh i forgot, social media and the Kardashians. Spelling.

Ask your average 15-16 y/o on the street in the UK or USA about WW II, or Holocaust, or Vietnam war, or Khmer Rouge atrocity details and you're in for a dumbfound expression.

Like a rabbit in the headlights stare.

Que?

the proof will be in the pudding... - out on the street (today)

- is there a sudden surge of emblazoned Tshirt sales going on?

- is there 'shock omg the horror! out there?   aka now she will find out whether she was already popular or not?

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The timing alone was terrible, coming just two days before International Holocaust Remembrance Day yesterday, meant to honour the victims of Germany’s World War II attempt to exterminate Europe’s Jews

It wasn't limited to Jews.  Anyone considered inferior was also killed: Gypsies, gays, people with disabilities............

I wonder why WW2 is not taught in Thai schools. Did they not get invaded by Japan in 1941 and later form alliance with them? Or is it more a case
of 'yeah that bit didn't look too well on us I.e loss of face, so we'll just not mention anything about it.

Running away at accidents,  has it's roots very deep.

13 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

It's just a PR stunt. Their pictures are all over in media but only a very few understand what it's really about.

Their pictures were already all over the place, even on the side of buses, they do not need publicity stunts.

My daughter-in-law is Japanese and when she came to Australia 20 years ago she couldn't understand why many older males were quite hostile to her. My son explained Japans invasion of SEA countries and there bad treatment of the people there. She was shocked as she had no idea, nothing about this was taught in their schools or appeared in text books. It is still the same today apparently. Thailand is not the only country that glosses over the past and ignores world events. 

While I'm reading the comments on this post, I starting to get more and more irritated by many of them. It seems there are a lot of you who feel the West (and the education systems in some of the Western countries) is still superior.
Well, last week I read about a survey in the UK which showed that 20% of the questioned persons didn't believe that the prosecution of Jews in WWII and the Holocaust actually happened... Says a lot about the education of British in general, no..?

5 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

She after a part in a Thai soap opera .? Should also apologise for the turgid crap called music they inflict upon us ..

Shouldn't the Nazis apologize for stealing and besmirching a revered Buddhist symbol? The swastika has been a peace symbol for >2500 yrs. Take a look at any Buddhist temple or spirit house.  

1 hour ago, jspill said:

The Swastika has been a Hindu & Buddhist symbol used all over Asia for over a millennium before a bunch of German dudes rotated it slightly for a few decades. Israel is way too sensitive

Wow you really have a way with words. Shame on you.

My wife is Thai 34 and was never taught anything about any of the ww's never even heard of the Vietnam war.  Very sad keeping the population ignorant about a range of things that Thailand may be embarrassed about.  Instead they teach ancient rubbish decrying neighboring countries.

4 minutes ago, cabrão said:

While I'm reading the comments on this post, I starting to get more and more irritated by many of them. It seems there are a lot of you who feel the West (and the education systems in some of the Western countries) is still superior.
Well, last week I read about a survey in the UK which showed that 20% of the questioned persons didn't believe that the prosecution of Jews in WWII and the Holocaust actually happened... Says a lot about the education of British in general, no..?

Says a lot about the reach of Holocaust denial propaganda.

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this is horrible. the poor girl is obviously devastated. if she needs time to heal from her emotional trauma the whole troupe of girls are welcome at my house. I have plenty of room for them to rehearse.  

imageproxy.php.jpg

Rather repulsive, how old are you?

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

thanx, t'was worth watching it again!   ...since your archived original screening:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1080887-thai-idol-group-bnk48-member-wears-nazi-flag-on-stage/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-13779563

but is there a sequel? ... Hitler in the Fall...   ???? 

3 hours ago, Lingba said:

The country of Thailand should apologize for not properly educating their children world history

European history*

Europe isn't the center of the world. A concept hard to accept for many westerns.

Probably for the same reason that we (Dutch) had to find out about Pearl Harbor through Hollywood, and not our textbooks in school? The pacific part of the WW just wasnt significant enough to us.

5 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Shame on your ignorance. Telling the truth is not "a way with words" - that's called lying.

No, the Nazi swastika is  different to the ancient Buddhist swastika .

Two  different symbols with different meanings 

Not sure if ignorance of world history, WWII, and the holocaust is an excuse for wearing a symbol that alot feel offended by, for good cause. The period between 1914 and 1945 was a period of two of the greatest wars in recent history, and some of the greatest amounts of (needless) suffering and death, this planet has faced, within the past few centuries. And there is absolutely no excuse for any nation to not devote time to the study of it.  If anyone is to blame, it is the government, the elites and the educational system, for not encouraging, or teaching world history, geography, and knowledge of the outside world. Thailand is just a relatively small player on the world stage. Making it seem like the center of the universe cannot be healthy for young minds. Nationalism, and xenophobia should be discouraged on all levels of society. At least in a society that is interested in moving forward in this age of globalization.  

Get rid of the small minds. Let Thailand elect men and women who are capable of real leadership. Will that happen? Are there such potential leaders out there? 

More Chinese (labeled racially inferior) were killed by the Japanese then Holocaust victims yet no one seems to protest (except the Chinese) against official visits to the Yasukuni Shrine by members of the Japanese government.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Unit 731 crimes were just as terrible as what happened at Auschwitz.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Most kids nowadays don’t have much knowledge about their own nations’s history let alone world history.  Don’t blame the kids, blame the educators.

Archived