Israel, Germany upset by BNK48 singer’s swastika shirt

webfact

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is already great they apologize as the swastika is a Buddhistic symbol abused by Hitler. They did not mean to upset anybody and in Thailand you see the swastika on a regular base it has nothing to do with WW2. You know how many western people are insulting Thai people with their behaviour just because they don't know the Thai culture. 

15 minutes ago, cabrão said:

While I'm reading the comments on this post, I starting to get more and more irritated by many of them. It seems there are a lot of you who feel the West (and the education systems in some of the Western countries) is still superior.
Well, last week I read about a survey in the UK which showed that 20% of the questioned persons didn't believe that the prosecution of Jews in WWII and the Holocaust actually happened... Says a lot about the education of British in general, no..?

Not necessarily about education but definitely a lot to do with a rapid resurgence of racism in all its ugly aspects since 2016

Just now, smileydude said:

More Chinese (labeled racially inferior) were killed by the Japanese then Holocaust victims yet no one seems to protest (except the Chinese) against official visits to the Yasukuni Shrine by members of the Japanese government.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Unit 731 crimes were just as terrible as what happened at Auschwitz.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

Most kids nowadays don’t have much knowledge about their own nations’s history let alone world history.

But that happend in Asia.. not in Europe. So it cant be as important to the world as whatever happend in Europe...

That's the hypocrisy i cant stand from a selection of westerners. The whole world needs to know about what happend in Europe, but do they even know what happend in Asia? 

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Ask the average American (or even President) to point to Thailand on a world map. Most Americans have never even been outside the US or own a passport.

my father did not need a passport when he killed scores of Nazis during WWII.

3 minutes ago, alanso said:

It is already great they apologize as the swastika is a Buddhistic symbol abused by Hitler. They did not mean to upset anybody and in Thailand you see the swastika on a regular base it has nothing to do with WW2. You know how many western people are insulting Thai people with their behaviour just because they don't know the Thai culture. 

Incredible ????

What she wore was clearly a Nazi swastika which contributed to over 10 million innocent deaths. It clearly wasn't a Buddhist design that you may see in some Asian temples etc. 

I think Thai people need to be more outraged about a recent Netflix program, or that fashion show that had a pair of shoes designed in the Thai flag (I didn't realise Thailand had sole copyright to blue, white and red). 

The ignorance (eg - don't know Thai culture) is truly astounding in this country and will keep it generations behind the rest. 

I get why Germany would be upset. It has a history that many would rather forget about, with regard to the early part of the 20th century. However Israel, and alot of Jews in general (and I say this as a Jew, so do not even begin to call me a Jew hater, which I have been called many times, for discussing Israel, and criticizing it's policies) have paper thin skin, and find it hard to handle any level of criticism. A free and open nation and culture is supposed to be open to discussion, right? Not so with Israel.

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Says a lot about the reach of Holocaust denial propaganda.

Well, I can't claim to be an expert but I'm not brain dead either. I'm personally not a holocaust denier, nor an anti-semite. I'm quite certain the holocaust happened and was a truly heinous act, though one never hears about Russia losing 5 times as many people to the nazis, and I'm not quite sure why that is.

I do however, believe that the Israelis have dined out on the holocaust infamy for a very long time. The whole 'this land is ours because (we believe) God gave it to us' has no currency yet they've used it to delay negotiations with the Palestinians for years, while steadfastly expanding their occupation of territory with illegal settlements. By this yardstick, Britain and most of Europe would belong to Italy because God gave the Roman Army victory over the previous incumbents. It's a nonsense, yet to say so labels one an anti-semite and holocaust denier, both of which expressions are designed to have an emotional appeal rather than a rational basis or an intellectual foundation.

7 minutes ago, GeoMill said:

But that happend in Asia.. not in Europe. So it cant be as important to the world as whatever happend in Europe...

That's the hypocrisy i cant stand from a selection of westerners. The whole world needs to know about what happend in Europe, but do they even know what happend in Asia? 

My point exactly.  Thank you for putting it into perspective.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

The abuse of Thais and Thailand is growing in this thread, gaining momentum .

Quite unpleasant to wake up on Monday morning and reading all the critical comments .

Think that I'll get myself a coffee and play candy crush on facebook and not read anymore comments in this thread , I wouldnt be surprised if within a few pages , someone will be suggesting that Thais should suffer the same fate as the Jews .

Makes for depressing reading 

Mostly what I have read is valid and constructive criticism about the insularity and education system that pervades.

3 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Incredible ????

What she wore was clearly a Nazi swastika which contributed to over 10 million innocent deaths. It clearly wasn't a Buddhist design that you may see in some Asian temples etc. 

I think Thai people need to be more outraged about a recent Netflix program, or that fashion show that had a pair of shoes designed in the Thai flag (I didn't realise Thailand had sole copyright to blue, white and red). 

The ignorance (eg - don't know Thai culture) is truly astounding in this country and will keep it generations behind the rest. 

What's incredible is that the swastika used by the Nazis is reversed. The swastika used in Indian religion appears to be rotating clockwise, the nazi swastika anti-clockwise. Hitler and Himmler were great admirers of occult symbolism.

42 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Pity that the Israelis can't do the same.

The hatred of Jews is an on going situation  , its happening in this day and age and its understandable that the Jewish nation will oppose that .

What I meant was that the divisions caused by WW2 are a thing of the past and should be placed in history .

Todays generation of Brits , Germans , Japanese , Americans etc shouldnt dislike each other for things that happened 70 years ago, is what I meant .

BTW , I dont believe that her wearing the t-shirt had any political connections , just a fashion mistake  , but I can understand Israel voicing their disapproval  .

Todays generation should not be accountable for things their Countries did 70 years ago

4 hours ago, JAG said:

A little bit of geography. History, other than purely Thai history (and a heavily bowdlerised version at that), virtually none.

I was at Chatuchak market before Christmas and there was a stall with a sign saying "no more dictatorship in Thailand" outside. They were selling these inside.

2018-12-09_14.32.55.jpg

9 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Well, I can't claim to be an expert but I'm not brain dead either. I'm personally not a holocaust denier, nor an anti-semite. I'm quite certain the holocaust happened and was a truly heinous act, though one never hears about Russia losing 5 times as many people to the nazis, and I'm not quite sure why that is.

I do however, believe that the Israelis have dined out on the holocaust infamy for a very long time. The whole 'this land is ours because (we believe) God gave it to us' has no currency yet they've used it to delay negotiations with the Palestinians for years, while steadfastly expanding their occupation of territory with illegal settlements. By this yardstick, Britain and most of Europe would belong to Italy because God gave the Roman Army victory over the previous incumbents. It's a nonsense, yet to say so labels one an anti-semite and holocaust denier, both of which expressions are designed to have an emotional appeal rather than a rational basis or an intellectual foundation.

I think that the ultimate irony is that they've committer genocide, since then, themselves.

"In 1983, a commission chaired by Seán MacBride, the assistant to the UN Secretary General and President of United Nations General Assembly at the time, concluded that Israel, as the camp's occupying power, bore responsibility for the violence.[21] The commission also concluded that the massacre was a form of genocide.[22] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The hatred of Jews is an on going situation  , its happening in this day and age and its understandable that the Jewish nation will oppose that .

What I meant was that the divisions caused by WW2 are a thing of the past and should be placed in history .

Todays generation of Brits , Germans , Japanese , Americans etc shouldnt dislike each other for things that happened 70 years ago, is what I meant .

BTW , I dont believe that her wearing the t-shirt had any political connections , just a fashion mistake  , but I can understand Israel voicing their disapproval  .

Todays generation should not be accountable for things their Countries did 70 years ago

Indeed, hair shirts are out of fashion, and as I said, the Israelis have dined out on the holocaust for far too long already. God knows what they're going to do as the USA slips further into the mire of it's own making.

4 hours ago, JAG said:

A little bit of geography. History, other than purely Thai history (and a heavily bowdlerised version at that), virtually none.

An example , for thai people  it's a thai victory ...( everybody knows it's the contrary )

The battle of Koh Chang 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ko_Chang

3 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

An example , for thai people  it's a thai victory ...( everybody knows it's the contrary )

The battle of Koh Chang 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ko_Chang

Oh dear. The Thai version of history in general is a joke. They really must divest themselves of the noxious culture they have developed if they ever hope to be taken seriously. My opinion. Personally, I think the words to the Thai national anthem are the best revealing of the Thai cultural beliefs.

Just now, HalfLight said:

Indeed, hair shirts are out of fashion, and as I said, the Israelis have dined out on the holocaust for far too long already. God knows what they're going to do as the USA slips further into the mire of it's own making.

There are still many people who believe that Hitler was right and would like to see his work completed .

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

There are still many people who believe that Hitler was right and would like to see his work completed .

Really? Who are they and why would they think that? Warning: What someone claims to believe and what they really believe aren't always the same thing. People will say all sorts of nonsense of the emotional reward is to feel like they belong.

6 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

That's 2 "dined outs" on the holocaust whitwash trail. 

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Have you ever seen that King of Siam movie (won't mention the actual name) with Yul Brynner which is/was banned in Thailand. There is a certain geography scene that rather suggests you may be correct, ha!????

Over reaction by the Germans and Israeli's. And over reaction by Namsai. 

The Swastika was, and always will be an ancient Hindu symbol. To be offended by it because it was once used by the Nazis, is like being offended by people speaking German language becuase was once too used by the Nazis.

Archived