Israel, Germany upset by BNK48 singer’s swastika shirt

webfact

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Indeed Victory Monument, in Bangkok was erected to celebrate this "victory". Thailand's finest hour.

Ah yes, and celebrate the lie annually by a flypast comprising the 3 planes and 2 helicopters that Thais haven't yet flown into the ground somewhere.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Over reaction by the Germans and Israeli's. And over reaction by Namsai. 

The Swastika was, and always will be an ancient Hindu symbol. To be offended by it because it was once used by the Nazis, is like being offended by people speaking German language becuase was once too used by the Nazis.

And wrong anyway. The Nazis did not adopt the Indian swastika. They adopted a reversed version of it.

4 hours ago, wellred said:

I wonder why WW2 is not taught in Thai schools. Did they not get invaded by Japan in 1941 and later form alliance with them? Or is it more a case
of 'yeah that bit didn't look too well on us I.e loss of face, so we'll just not mention anything about it.

It is taught in Thai schools, just not to the extent that it is taught in European schools, they are taught the relevant bits, that Japan invaded Thailand, that Japan forced them to attack the allied forces and that WW2 was the beginning of the end of European colonization in S.E Asia.

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

Open your eyes

And close your ears, people claiming to be Nazis these days are making a fashion statement and desperately trying to belong and adopt an image. They aren't Nazis or anything like it. But is most certainly suits some folk to pretend the Nazi threat is still a threat. Lest they forget..

3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Open your eyes

Correct, who can forget all those "men" at Charlottesville, goose-stepping and proudly wearing the swastika on their arms. "A lot of good people amongst them" apparently.

1 minute ago, HalfLight said:

And close your ears, people claiming to be Nazis these days are making a fashion statement and desperately trying to belong and adopt an image. They aren't Nazis or anything like it. But is most certainly suits some folk to pretend the Nazi threat is still a threat. Lest they forget..

No one has suggested that this Woman wearing a swastika T-shirt is a Nazi though .

It is now the other people with Nazi beliefs is what we are talking about now 

4 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

If you believe the Nazi ideology no longer exists then I suggest you take your head out of the sand

56 minutes ago, cabrão said:

While I'm reading the comments on this post, I starting to get more and more irritated by many of them. It seems there are a lot of you who feel the West (and the education systems in some of the Western countries) is still superior.
Well, last week I read about a survey in the UK which showed that 20% of the questioned persons didn't believe that the prosecution of Jews in WWII and the Holocaust actually happened... Says a lot about the education of British in general, no..?

Not as bad as some American high school (HIGH SCHOOL) kids who thought Hitler was still chancellor of Germany  

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Correct, who can forget all those "men" at Charlottesville, goose-stepping and proudly wearing the swastika on their arms. "A lot of good people amongst them" apparently.

You neglect to mention that more people condemned those idiots than supported them. The condemnation came from all sides of the political spectrum. That's the difference here. In Charlottesville, local people stood up and said no. In this case it required the Germans and Israelis to   speak out.

Whatever ignorance there is in the USA, people do speak out and do take steps to correct it. I don't see that happen in similar cases in Thailand.

59 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Shame on your ignorance. Telling the truth is not "a way with words" - that's called lying.

“A bunch of German dudes” and you’re calling ME ignorant. What I call you can’t be posted here but it’s abundantly clear the type of person you are 

Just now, geriatrickid said:

You neglect to mention that more people condemned those idiots than supported them. The condemnation came from all sides of the political spectrum. That's the difference here. In Charlottesville, local people stood up and said no. In this case it required the Germans and Israelis to   speak out.

Whatever ignorance there is in the USA, people do speak out and do take steps to correct it. I don't see that happen in similar cases in Thailand.

The people wearing swastikas in Charlottesville were not prosecuted for that, as they would have been in the UK or Germany. Even your president tried to play down their disgusting behaviour.

GIVE THE KID A BREAK!

She said she was sorry...but for what?

It was a European War, having nothing to do with Thailand and if she knew nothing about it, just how many Belly-aching, Wingers have any idea of THAI History ?

The Germans have a cheek to be upset...They were responsible for allowing little Corporal Adolf to get away with his rise to power.

I have many Jewish friends and former colleagues and whilst, what their people suffered at the time was horrendous, I find it repugnant that Israel would now chuck a ”Gestapo Act” and be almost demanding this poor girl be tossed into a Concentration Camp !

get over it folks !

Yep you can only blame the Thai non education system no education about the rest of the world only us us us, just like there driving me me me. Constant Thai proper-gander churned out night after night on TV. how many times now has their ignorance of the Nazis been made public. they ban e-cigarettes sex toys etc etc and yet allow Nazi paraphernalia to be openly sold. is the Nazi shop still operating at Jomtian  night market ?:1zgarz5:

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes but my wife is a school director, now if the director knows nothing about other counties, what chance have children got to learn.

The education here only focuses on things Thai, nothing else anywhere matters.

Directors of schools here are the worst. They have to buy their position and actually like to keep the kids stupid, and line their own pockets. Thai educators are pathetic. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

lack of knowledge and awareness

Really??? 'Lack of'? More like a 'complete absence of'. How ignorant and empty are these girls? Are they really not capable of doing anything apart from strutting around like a group of pre-programmed, hyped-up toy soldiers? Not just these girls, but the younger Thais in general. Ignorance isn't an acceptable excuse. Enough has been written about it already. They really don't read anything apart from Facebook updates and sending stupid Line stickers to each other, do they?

There have been lots of coverage and articles written about Nazi Germany, the swastika etc. in recent time, and in Thai, no less! Their more luminous brethren from the country's academia have also indulged in this stupidity some time back, and generated a lot of (negative) press - don't they read the frigging news?

These people need to grow up and get a life. Stop being victims, stop being perpetually offended by everything. The Swastika has been around in many forms for centuries and pre dates Evil Adolf by hundreds if not thousands of years. But as usual, the "Chosen" will milk sympathy and attention at any opportunity to help them keep their monetary exploitation machine going - We will still be "FORCED" to remember in a thousand years as long as it is good for their publicity. Germany on the other hand needs to get off its knees, grow a spine and a pair of balls and stand up for once and tell these people is ENOUGH is ENOUGH - else they will be forced to their knees prostrate before the "Chosen" for eternity. There are enough problems in the world without these sycophants making even more.

18 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

If you believe the Nazi ideology no longer exists then I suggest you take your head out of the sand

OK, you know best. But in my view, football hooligans and people who have fantasies about being big, bad nazis because they've been rejected by society are not real Nazis, and their ideology extends only so far as what they can understand, which isn't very much - which is why they are what they are I suppose.

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories or emotive propaganda.

2 minutes ago, Rugon said:

Directors of schools here are the worst. They have to buy their position and actually like to keep the kids stupid, and line their own pockets. Thai educators are pathetic. 

Totally nonsensical comment, my wife never bought her position.

The fact you have not been on here long, you have no idea, as i have posted in the past, my wife and self went to live in a remote mountain village for 15 months rather than pay the 500.000 baht demanded.

Also she has never ever tried to line her own pockets.

43 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

An example , for thai people  it's a thai victory ...( everybody knows it's the contrary )

The battle of Koh Chang 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ko_Chang

The battle of Koh Chang was lost by the Thais but the French turned back because France was under German occupation and they couldn't afford to lose anymore ships as they couldn't be replaced. 

11 minutes ago, outsider said:

Really??? 'Lack of'? More like a 'complete absence of'. How ignorant and empty are these girls? Are they really not capable of doing anything apart from strutting around like a group of pre-programmed, hyped-up toy soldiers? Not just these girls, but the younger Thais in general. Ignorance isn't an acceptable excuse. Enough has been written about it already. They really don't read anything apart from Facebook updates and sending stupid Line stickers to each other, do they?

There have been lots of coverage and articles written about Nazi Germany, the swastika etc. in recent time, and in Thai, no less! Their more luminous brethren from the country's academia have also indulged in this stupidity some time back, and generated a lot of (negative) press - don't they read the frigging news?

They're doing what girls the world over do in one form or another - trying to attract boys. Attributing another purpose to it all is to assume an intelligence which they may not have.

So everybody is jumping on the Nazi bandwagon again - this will never stop.

The lack, if not complete absence, of education made sure, that Pichayapa “Namsai” Natha had not the slightest clue about this - certainly unnecessary - political incorrectness. She stands for an entire generation and it is not restricted to Thailand, you can take that to the bank! 

Instead of overrunning ambassadors at their residence with flowers (for which she did not pay herself) she should have been put straight by working out an essay on the NSDAP, on Hitler and the rise of Nazis. Give her a month which will keep her off the stage and doing some research on the issue. She was told to apologize and dutifully did so. Did she really understand the issue behind the swastika, its misuse and why it stands for what it stands today? 

We all agree that what happened in Germany 75+ years ago was beyond imagination of humanity. The Nazi hatchet is swung in German Kindergartens and classrooms successfully - meanwhile in third generation. Most Germans (hardly anybody still alive from those days) have an inferiority complex over the issue and certain powers outside Germany ensure that the pressure is being kept alive. 

I know of no other country which - to this day and the days to come - ensures everything possible to keep that dreadful time slot in their history alive; I've seen Dachau, Bergen-Belsen and Auschwitz. History usually is written by the winners, in Germany it is the losers who honestly and correctly inform on their terrible history and what their fellow countrymen did at that time. 

Not to diminish the unspeakable genocide by the Nazis, but nobody speaks about what i.e. Russians or Chinese did in the same time slot, nobody stopped the Americans which triggered off the Khmer Rouge vacuum, the Tutsi genocide in Rwanda which wiped out a million people in three months etc. etc. etc. Get even on the subject, ensure that it will never be forgotten and this is only possible through education! 

It is time to do away with all this, educate also future generations with facts to ensure that they understand the problematic and why genocides are not a political solution to the power feed of the selected few. 

And no, I am not German; just trying to put some common sense into a subject which seems to derail - again! 

29 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No one has suggested that this Woman wearing a swastika T-shirt is a Nazi though .

It is now the other people with Nazi beliefs is what we are talking about now 

Then it's off-topic and the bus conductor'll be right along.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

The abuse of Thais and Thailand is growing in this thread, gaining momentum .

Quite unpleasant to wake up on Monday morning and reading all the critical comments .

Think that I'll get myself a coffee and play candy crush on facebook and not read anymore comments in this thread , I wouldnt be surprised if within a few pages , someone will be suggesting that Thais should suffer the same fate as the Jews .

Makes for depressing reading 

I agree that Thai students should be educated about history, including the two WW of last century. However, this unfortunate “event” should not lead to the abuse of Thais and Thailand.

One thing that really shook me is what my young daughter told me. She said that one of her friends wrote on her Facebook that although she feels sorry for the Jews who perished All other living Jews are trash in view of their “crimes” against the Palestinians. This not only shook me, but showed me clearly why antisemitism is increasing around the world. People who know me and who read my letters and blogs, know that I do sympethise with the Palestinians, but remarks of this nature by a Muslim Thai student make me think about the need to educate the Muslims worldwide, that one evil does not make the other evil right. This made me understand the attitude of some Jewish organizations vis-Avis Muslims. We all, Thais as well as all of us, must learn

to stop hating others, must learn to understand others’ needs. If our world has hope for a peaceful existence, education of all this must start with the

youth.

Last,

but not least, praise to the group for their proper attitude and apologies to the Israeli Ambassador, and to the public at large.

Archived